BIOS password for Solo 9300

I bought a replacement motherboard for my Solo 9300 off of Ebay, cheap.
Too cheap. I have it installed, and it boots up, but to a BIOS
password. The seller at Ebay said "as is" and he doesn't answer my
emails.

I've tried everything - searching the Internet, backdoor passwords,
looking for jumpers (there are no jumpers on this motherboard), and
removing the CMOS battery. So far nothing has worked.

Anyone experienced with this???

smith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

I used CMOSPWD 4.2 to get the password off a Solo 5100 I bought used. It's
up to 4.6 now, you could try that. I've also heard about KILLCMOS but I've
never used it so don't know how that works.

Smith

<ljhawkins@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I bought a replacement motherboard for my Solo 9300 off of Ebay, cheap.
> Too cheap. I have it installed, and it boots up, but to a BIOS
> password. The seller at Ebay said "as is" and he doesn't answer my
> emails.
>
> I've tried everything - searching the Internet, backdoor passwords,
> looking for jumpers (there are no jumpers on this motherboard), and
> removing the CMOS battery. So far nothing has worked.
>
> Anyone experienced with this???

Thanks, Smith

But I am not able to use the disk drives - unless there is a way to use
them that I am not aware of. But I have tried with a floppy to access
the a: drive, with no luck. So I haven't been able to use these CMOS
programs.

One hope is if anyone knows how to bypass the BIOS password to get to
the a: drive. This password is not only set on the system, but also on
the BIOS setup utility.