BIOS password for Solo 9300

I bought a replacement motherboard for my Solo 9300 off of Ebay, cheap.
Too cheap. I have it installed, and it boots up, but to a BIOS
password. The seller at Ebay said "as is" and he doesn't answer my
emails.

I've tried everything - searching the Internet, backdoor passwords,
looking for jumpers (there are no jumpers on this motherboard), and
removing the CMOS battery. So far nothing has worked.

Anyone experienced with this???
2 answers Last reply
More about bios password solo 9300

    I used CMOSPWD 4.2 to get the password off a Solo 5100 I bought used. It's
    up to 4.6 now, you could try that. I've also heard about KILLCMOS but I've
    never used it so don't know how that works.

    Smith

    <ljhawkins@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I bought a replacement motherboard for my Solo 9300 off of Ebay, cheap.
    > Too cheap. I have it installed, and it boots up, but to a BIOS
    > password. The seller at Ebay said "as is" and he doesn't answer my
    > emails.
    >
    > I've tried everything - searching the Internet, backdoor passwords,
    > looking for jumpers (there are no jumpers on this motherboard), and
    > removing the CMOS battery. So far nothing has worked.
    >
    > Anyone experienced with this???

    Thanks, Smith

    But I am not able to use the disk drives - unless there is a way to use
    them that I am not aware of. But I have tried with a floppy to access
    the a: drive, with no luck. So I haven't been able to use these CMOS
    programs.

    One hope is if anyone knows how to bypass the BIOS password to get to
    the a: drive. This password is not only set on the system, but also on
    the BIOS setup utility.

Gateway Motherboards Ebay Computers