Best GeForce 6600 (Not 6600GT) fastest GPU / Memory speed ..

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows which companies make the best GeForce 6600
(not 6600GT) based graphics cards?

As I understand it, the GPU and memory speed for the 6600 often varies
between different manufacturers implimentations. Thus I'm wondering
which companies make the fastest version, and which of these sell the
card at the cheapest price.

Also, for playing a simulation game like Sim City 4, what would be
better, a faster GPU, or more RAM (e.g. 256 MB instead of 128 MB)?

As I understand it Sim City 4 was developed on nVidia based hardware,
but I'm still unsure which GeForce 6 series card to get. I don't want to
spend more than about AUD$175 - $200, which puts the 128 MB 6600GT at
about AUD$250 a bit out of reach.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Simon Howson

MSI has nice coolers (big and not too loud) which have a big brace on the
back on their 6600GT's, so that could be on the plain ones too.

Coolers without the brace are a hazard, since they can be tilted by being
bumped.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
spam@uce.gov
Thanks, robots.

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:34:05 GMT, Simon Howson
<simonhowson@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm wondering if anyone knows which companies make the best GeForce 6600
>(not 6600GT) based graphics cards?
>
>As I understand it, the GPU and memory speed for the 6600 often varies
>between different manufacturers implimentations. Thus I'm wondering
>which companies make the fastest version, and which of these sell the
>card at the cheapest price.
>
>Also, for playing a simulation game like Sim City 4, what would be
>better, a faster GPU, or more RAM (e.g. 256 MB instead of 128 MB)?
>
>As I understand it Sim City 4 was developed on nVidia based hardware,
>but I'm still unsure which GeForce 6 series card to get. I don't want to
>spend more than about AUD$175 - $200, which puts the 128 MB 6600GT at
>about AUD$250 a bit out of reach.
>
>Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
>
>Simon Howson

i have an agp msi, it uses the nv43gpu and clocks, artifact free, at
521/1042.

dr ratt

and thanks for all the fish