6800GT AGP non-dustbuster?

Hi all,

Looking for the quietest 6800GT AGP. No hair-dryers in my quiet PC,
please! Any thoughts?

Thanks,
RM

BigJim

I like them loud the louder the better it keeps the bugs away.

"RM" <rm@richardmay.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Looking for the quietest 6800GT AGP. No hair-dryers in my quiet PC,
> please! Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> RM

The dustbusters went away with the FX5800. The FX5900 was much quieter, as
are the Geforce6 series.

I suggest LeadTek Winfast 6800GT. It's got a larger-than-normal fan (so it
spins at a lower speed), with a mesh grille to keep the dust out.

Pretty much any 6800GT can be outfitted with an Arctic Cooling NV Silencer,
which is nearly inaudible but cools very well.

"RM" <rm@richardmay.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Looking for the quietest 6800GT AGP. No hair-dryers in my quiet PC,
> please! Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> RM

In article <1122647801.107181.37570@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, RM
says...

www.quietpc.com has one listed.

--
Conor

I agree about the leadtek, biggest heatsink I have ever seen.

First of One wrote:
> The dustbusters went away with the FX5800. The FX5900 was much quieter, as
> are the Geforce6 series.

Ehh, isn't this completely depended of the card manufacturer... Palit
GF6600GT certainly isn't quiet.

It's all a matter of perspective. Put the Palit 6600GT next to a reference
FX5800 and you'll see a world of difference.

"de Moni" <demonimummFILTER@mail.com> wrote in message
> Ehh, isn't this completely depended of the card manufacturer... Palit
> GF6600GT certainly isn't quiet.

Got the Leadtek 6600 GT Agp. It was fairly quiet. But i bought a
Zalman V700 Cooler and now its silent.

And the Cooler cools realy realy great.

Hope this helps.

/PS Its alittle bit of a bitch to put on but once on its great.

Bye.

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:08:25 +0300, de Moni

First of One wrote:
> It's all a matter of perspective. Put the Palit 6600GT next to a reference
> FX5800 and you'll see a world of difference.

you could always try http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=40 for
the arctic cooler rev 5 easy to install and silent!!