tv-in rca jacks

I have an nvidia card that came with a cable that has an s-video
connector on one end and 4 rca jacks and another s-video jack on the
other end. Unfortunately I bought a oem card and there is absolutely no
documentation. The rca jacks are blue, yellow, red, and green. Can
anyone tell me which jacks are for tv-in. Or maybe it doesn't even have
tv-in :(

the card is nVidia GeForce 6600 256MB DDR AGP w/DVI/TV-OUT

thanks for your help

john

'john' wrote, in part:
| I have an nvidia card that came with a cable that has an s-video
| connector on one end and 4 rca jacks and another s-video jack on the
| other end.

_____

Very likely you have four (all male) or four (all female) RCA (Phono)
connectors on the cable: Red, Green, and Blue for [Component Video (RGB)
Out] and the Yellow for [Composite Video Out].

Phil Weldon

<tendengarci@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have an nvidia card that came with a cable that has an s-video
> connector on one end and 4 rca jacks and another s-video jack on the
> other end. Unfortunately I bought a oem card and there is absolutely no
> documentation. The rca jacks are blue, yellow, red, and green. Can
> anyone tell me which jacks are for tv-in. Or maybe it doesn't even have
> tv-in :(
>
> the card is nVidia GeForce 6600 256MB DDR AGP w/DVI/TV-OUT
>
> thanks for your help
>
> john

Thanks for the reply. Although now I a little bummed out. I needed a
way to take a vhs and burn it onto a dvd. damn!

thanks again for your help

john

one more question...
can you recommed a video card that does have video in?
thanks again

john

There are a LOT of choices for digitizing video for recording to DVD.
You don't need a video card for the process. There are USB2 devices that
are extremely easy to install, don't need a slot, and that come with the
necessary software. Video cards (display adapters) with video in are
available, but you already have a new video card, and there is no need to
replace it.

> Thanks for the reply. Although now I a little bummed out. I needed a
> way to take a vhs and burn it onto a dvd. damn!
>
> thanks again for your help
>
> john

and here.
http://www.everythingusb.com/hardware/Graphics_and_Sound/USB_Video_Capture.htm

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-41,GGLD:en&q=usb+capture+reviews

tendengarci@yahoo.com wrote:
> one more question...
> can you recommed a video card that does have video in?
> thanks again
>
> john

It's usually better to use a separate PCI or USB video capture or TV
tuner card to do this. The video capture capability in most video cards
is generally rather poor.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

"Robert Hancock" <hancockr@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message
> tendengarci@yahoo.com wrote:
> > one more question...
> > can you recommed a video card that does have video in?
> > thanks again
> >
> > john
> >

> It's usually better to use a separate PCI or USB video capture or TV
> tuner card to do this. The video capture capability in most video cards
> is generally rather poor.

Not to mention that often it adds to updating video card drivers, e.g. got
to update WDM etc. driver also. It can turn into a pain to "keep" it all
working.