Bootmgr Error

G

good day to you all, i am having some serious problems with my pc, my Gigabyte 8800 GTX Ultra blew out on Thursday resulting in a pc crash and loss of alot of info, bought the GT 430 yesterday and all was well with my HDrives, i have a SATA as my Windows drive (80gb) and an IDE as my backup (160bg) and then a 500gb in a Transcend USB casing...

my original Windows installation became corrupt, so I installed another on my IDE drive, this was all fine yesterday at the PC shop where I bought my graphics card. I copied all the info I needed off my original Windows drive (SATA) and also all my music etc off my IDE all to my 500gb.

as i was loaded on my IDE windows, I formatted the SATA drive so that I can install my New Windows 7 on to that drive. I did this.

I loaded up Windows via dvd and formatted the IDE drive as i took all the info i needed off that and i did not want Windows on that drive.
all fine, so I try and install Win 7 on the SATA drive and during installation, gives me an error!

I now cannot even load up my Win 7 installation disc as it gives me the BOOTMGR error, press ctrl+alt+delete to restart!

i have tried changing boot orders, disabling, enabling my IDE or SATA drives, setting them to primary and slave etc etc..

I have been researching all morning on how to fix it, yet, to no avail, if anyone knows how to fix the problem, I would be grateful..

please dont say Run Win repair etc... i cannot even load up Windows installation or Win via my HDrives

thanks.

Neil

Leave the HDD that will have windows on it, remove any other HDD.
Make sure the boot order is set for CD first.
Make a bootable CD with a disk utility that allows a low-level formatting, like killdisk or something similar.
Boot from that CD and do a low-level format.
Re-install windows as usual from dvd.

G

thanks for the reply, I shall try that, downloading it now... will let you know how I come along..

G

please help me, nothing is working, I have just bought a brand new HDD and is still gives me Bootmgr error, NTLDR error, I cannot install Win 7 as it starts to copy then at 0% it gives me an error saying windows cannot install required files, the files may be corrupt.....

error code 0x80070017

I am about to cry

G

i tried this but it got to a stage i had to type in some commands which i have no idea how to....

As henydiah said, try installing using only one stick of RAM at a time, if error switch to the other stick and try again.
Also, check media (DVD) for scratches/stains/other stuff that can cause a reading error.
Finally, try a different DVD-Rom in your system to boot from - and make sure that is the only DVD rom or CD Rom installed while attempting to install OS.