I'm trying to do Toreno's Stowaway mission where you have to drive the
PCJ600 onto the ramp of the plane b4 it takes off. The damn bike doesn't
accelerate fast enough. What's the trick to this one? TIA.

--
Mark
--

Mark C. wrote:
> Ok, I'll try it. Seems pretty tricky, though, as the bike doesn't handle
> well when you lean forward and there's barrels coming out of the plane to
> dodge. :)~

Stay just to the side of the plane to avoid the barrels. Turn onto the
ramp at the last moment.

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:30:08 -0700, Mark C. wrote:

> I'm trying to do Toreno's Stowaway mission where you have to drive the
> PCJ600 onto the ramp of the plane b4 it takes off. The damn bike doesn't
> accelerate fast enough. What's the trick to this one? TIA.

lean forward...

"bryan" <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan> wrote in message
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:30:08 -0700, Mark C. wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to do Toreno's Stowaway mission where you have to drive the
>> PCJ600 onto the ramp of the plane b4 it takes off. The damn bike doesn't
>> accelerate fast enough. What's the trick to this one? TIA.
>
> lean forward...

> I'm trying to do Toreno's Stowaway mission where you have to drive the
> PCJ600 onto the ramp of the plane b4 it takes off. The damn bike doesn't
> accelerate fast enough. What's the trick to this one? TIA.

The trick is to hit Google hard. ;-)

I had the problem and found the answer without having to ask...

Turn your draw distance down, toggle your frame limiter, and set detail to
minimum.

Same as you'll need when you're trying to get those airborne assassins
coming into LV.

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 13:30:08 -0700, "Mark C." <mustango656@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I'm trying to do Toreno's Stowaway mission where you have to drive the
>PCJ600 onto the ramp of the plane b4 it takes off. The damn bike doesn't
>accelerate fast enough. What's the trick to this one? TIA.
>
>--
>Mark

If your on the PC try it a few times with the frame limiter on. I've
had a problem or two solved with the setting.

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:14:40 -0700, Vandar wrote:

> Mark C. wrote:
>> Ok, I'll try it. Seems pretty tricky, though, as the bike doesn't handle
>> well when you lean forward and there's barrels coming out of the plane
>> to dodge. :)~
>
> Stay just to the side of the plane to avoid the barrels. Turn onto the
> ramp at the last moment.

good advice. saying that, it'll take a few practise goes to determine when
"the last moment" is though! :)

Hi, had the same problem.

>Turn your draw distance down, toggle your frame limiter, and set detail to
>minimum.

And/or use "slowitdown" cheat. I solved the problem by typing
that. Yes there are PCs in which you can't possibly pass the mission
without that.
You can always "speeditup" later.

Pacomig

In message <-oadnZ1EG93TK4XeRVn-oQ@comcast.com>
"Mark C." <mustango656@comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to do Toreno's Stowaway mission where you have to drive the
> PCJ600 onto the ramp of the plane b4 it takes off. The damn bike doesn't
> accelerate fast enough. What's the trick to this one? TIA.

Learn how to balance the weight of the bike. Are you on the PS2, X-Box
or PC? On the PS2 (Which I've played to *death*) push the left analogue
stick up just slightly to make CJ put his head down and you'll
accelerate faster.

You'll eventually do the bike school in Las Venturas which will teach
you how to do this "properly".

Cheers,
Rob

bryan said:
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:30:08 -0700, Mark C. wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to do Toreno's Stowaway mission where you have to drive the
> > PCJ600 onto the ramp of the plane b4 it takes off. The damn bike doesn't
> > accelerate fast enough. What's the trick to this one? TIA.
>
> lean forward...

It *is* possible to get into the plane without leaning forward. At
least, I did it twice, and only later read that you should lean forward.

But, for that to work, it has to be a perfect sprint, and you must have
some luck with the barrels.

Bram
--
http://www.stack.nl/~brama/gtastats.html

Nah, I never lean forward in that mission.I just held the throttle all
the way and aim for the right of the prank. Once you are close enough,
you just cut left to the prank. The trick is don't go in straight (like
you can really go into the plane). You just need to cut left and let
the tip of the bike cut the prank at like 90 degrees (so in real life
you would just go off the prank on the other side and won't make it
into the plane).

> Ok, I'll try it. Seems pretty tricky, though, as the bike doesn't handle
> well when you lean forward and there's barrels coming out of the plane to
> dodge. :)~

same with me...., I keep my finger on the accellerator before the scene cuts
out..., there's not a HUGE margin for error...., but it's doable....

"Shawn LeBron" <scl1003@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Nah, I never lean forward in that mission.I just held the throttle all
> the way and aim for the right of the prank. Once you are close enough,
> you just cut left to the prank. The trick is don't go in straight (like
> you can really go into the plane). You just need to cut left and let
> the tip of the bike cut the prank at like 90 degrees (so in real life
> you would just go off the prank on the other side and won't make it
> into the plane).
>
> > Ok, I'll try it. Seems pretty tricky, though, as the bike doesn't handle
> > well when you lean forward and there's barrels coming out of the plane
> > dodge. :)~

TRENDING THREADS