Skybuck's universal code

I have finally figured out what the hell it is I invented :)

It's another universal code:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_code

I shall name this code:

Skybuck's universal code (pseudo name)

Houppermans's universal code (real name ;))

Data bits:
a,a,a,a,a,a,b,b,b,b,b,c,c,c,c

Marker bits:
0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1

Interleaved data and markers bits:

a0a0a0a0a0a1b0b0b0b0b1c0c0c0c1

The above serial information stream contains 3 information fields. The
fields A,B,C in binairy digits (bits)
( a,a,a,a,a,a,b,b,b,b,b,c,c,c,c ).

The information stream is interleaved (=mixed) with "marker" bits. (the
zeros and ones)

0 means another bit follows for the information field.
1 means the last bit has been reached for the information field.

To read field A a piece of software or hardware can use the following logic:

repeat
Read Data_Bit
Read Marker_Bit
until Marker_Bit = 1;

Thereafter the same logic can be used to read the next field.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Uh, how can a bit have a value of a, b or c? Have you redefined binary as
well?

--
there is no .sig

"Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Uh, how can a bit have a value of a, b or c? Have you redefined binary as
> well?

Those "data" bits <- are zero or one as well.

Bye,
Skybuck.