What is the best ground vehicle?

Last response: in Video Games
September 2, 2005 5:33:13 PM

As far as handling, top speed, and acceleration go?

--
Mark
--

More about : ground vehicle

September 3, 2005 12:21:06 AM

Mark C. wrote:
> As far as handling, top speed, and acceleration go?

I have two favorites, the Buffalo and for a surprise choice the
Yosemite. The Buffalo has excellent speed and the handling only goes
south when you get on the grass. The Yosemite while not super fast is
also a very stable platform and it has the benefit of doing well when
you leave the road.
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 1:52:26 AM

"Mark C." wrote:

> As far as handling, top speed, and acceleration go?
>
> --
> Mark
> --
> "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
> what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.

probably the banshee
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

TV's Paul Heslop wrote:
> "Mark C." wrote:
>>
>> As far as handling, top speed, and acceleration go?
>>
>> --
>> Mark
>> --
>> "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I
>> drank what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.
>
> probably the banshee

I like the Turismo.
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 2:15:53 AM

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:59:42 -0500, towelie wrote:

> TV's Paul Heslop wrote:
>> "Mark C." wrote:
>>>
>>> As far as handling, top speed, and acceleration go?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mark
>>> --
>>> "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I
>>> drank what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.
>>
>> probably the banshee
>
> I like the Turismo.

Banshee or Jester from the ones I've found so far.
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 12:21:37 PM

In message <WqudnWN7q4yWKoXeRVn-sA@comcast.com>
"Mark C." <mustango656@comcast.net> wrote:

> As far as handling, top speed, and acceleration go?

The Banshee, Cheetah, Infernus or Bullet are all kick ass cars.

According to the vehicle speed guide on gamefaqs.com the fastest car
over a set distance is the Infernus (By about 1/50th of a second).

As far as acceleration goes the Turismo gets my vote, and handling goes
to the Cheetah or Bullet. Considering how fast the Bullet is it handles
remarkably well, even with modded wheels.

Cheers,
Rob
September 3, 2005 6:48:53 PM

> According to the vehicle speed guide on gamefaqs.com the fastest car
> over a set distance is the Infernus (By about 1/50th of a second).

What's the distance?
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 9:27:30 PM

In message <pJiSe.1709$7p1.1673@newsfe7-win.ntli.net>
"G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

> > According to the vehicle speed guide on gamefaqs.com the fastest car
> > over a set distance is the Infernus (By about 1/50th of a second).
>
> What's the distance?

A good portion of the runway at SF airport:

"OK, this is how it went. I chose a method that would eliminate human
error and reaction times as much as possible. When I found the vehicle,
I took it to the SF Airport, and lined it up (using first person view)
so that the front of the car was in line with the second closest lamp
post to the water's edge. I then pressed down X and held it for the
entirety of the test. When the vehicle reached the beginning of the
runway, I started the stopwatch. I stopped the watch when it reached
the end of the runway.

I deliberately chose not to use the in-game clock for two reasons.
1) It does not go up in exact seconds
2) It does not include fractions of seconds"

I've tested a few of the faster cars using his method, and it's pretty
accurate.

Cheers,
Rob
September 3, 2005 11:48:52 PM

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> In message <pJiSe.1709$7p1.1673@newsfe7-win.ntli.net>
> "G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:
>
>> > According to the vehicle speed guide on gamefaqs.com the fastest car
>> > over a set distance is the Infernus (By about 1/50th of a second).
>>
>> What's the distance?
>
> A good portion of the runway at SF airport:
>
> "OK, this is how it went. I chose a method that would eliminate human
> error and reaction times as much as possible. When I found the vehicle,
> I took it to the SF Airport, and lined it up (using first person view)
> so that the front of the car was in line with the second closest lamp
> post to the water's edge. I then pressed down X and held it for the
> entirety of the test. When the vehicle reached the beginning of the
> runway, I started the stopwatch. I stopped the watch when it reached
> the end of the runway.
>

> I deliberately chose not to use the in-game clock for two reasons.
> 1) It does not go up in exact seconds
> 2) It does not include fractions of seconds"
>

> I've tested a few of the faster cars using his method, and it's pretty
> accurate.
>

> Cheers,
> Rob
> --

Ok, smarty, now do the G test. :) ~
--
Mark
--
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 8:42:26 AM

The Sultan is the Subaru WRX... handles like that in real life.

The Elegy is the Skyline GTS... handles like that in real life too!

I would imagine the Sultan is the best all round 4 door vehicle.

T.
September 4, 2005 9:13:12 AM

A slightly different question: what is the best four-door vehicle? This is
important when hauling homeys around. I jacked a Sultan earlier, and
noticed how well it handles. It's pretty quick too.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 12:16:19 PM

Hi

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote

> I deliberately chose not to use the in-game clock for two reasons.
> 1) It does not go up in exact seconds
> 2) It does not include fractions of seconds"
>

> I've tested a few of the faster cars using his method, and it's pretty
> accurate.

Whats wrong with reading the numbers for acceleration and speed
from "handling.cfg" ;-)

Infernus and Turismo have 240 Top-Speed while the other
fast cars have 230 only. A slower but better accelerating
vehicle will be faster on a short run and slower on a long one.

Ok, you can't tell how good a car handles from theses numbers,
but a straight run on a runway will tell you nothing about
handling too. Nice idea though.

Marco
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 1:52:51 PM

In message <dfe3fm$tk5$1@online.de>
"Marco Jautz" <marcojmgh@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, you can't tell how good a car handles from theses numbers,
> but a straight run on a runway will tell you nothing about
> handling too. Nice idea though.

I think it must be down to preference; a car that I think handles well
could be hated by somebody else and vice-versa.

Cheers,
Rob
September 4, 2005 3:07:22 PM

towelie wrote:

> A slightly different question: what is the best four-door vehicle? This is
> important when hauling homeys around. I jacked a Sultan earlier, and
> noticed how well it handles. It's pretty quick too.

For 4x4 action, in the real sense then it's between the Patriot and
sandking. Is the Elegy a 4x4? I know it spins at the thought of
turning corners but it's one of the gutsiest cars in the game.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:58:51 PM

tlai909@visto.com wrote:

> The Sultan is the Subaru WRX... handles like that in real life.
>
> The Elegy is the Skyline GTS... handles like that in real life too!
>
> I would imagine the Sultan is the best all round 4 door vehicle.
>
> T.

Not too good for going over real hills and stuff I don't think as
they're too low to the ground. 4x4 where you're just going over the
odd field it's probably superb
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
September 4, 2005 4:10:23 PM

TV's tlai909@visto.com wrote:
> The Sultan is the Subaru WRX... handles like that in real life.

Not really. The WRX wasn't around in 93. It does resemble it a little,
however. But the front end is nothing like the WRX.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 6:08:03 PM

In message <431AD553.4D440FF6@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> For 4x4 action, in the real sense then it's between the Patriot and
> sandking. Is the Elegy a 4x4? I know it spins at the thought of
> turning corners but it's one of the gutsiest cars in the game.

The Patriot remains one of the best off-road vehicles in all the GTA's,
and the Sandking is just as good too.

Take a Patriot to the Desert and climb the hills to where you first
find Macca and Kent Paul. No matter what you ask the Patriot to climb
it does it with ease. Top car.

A surprisingly good off-road vehicle is the Rhino. It's the only
vehicle in the game that has wheels but acts like it's on caterpillar
tracks. The R1 button acts like a handbrake too, just like the Monster,
which is handy for tight turns.

The Elegy is the puppies' pips when it's modded at Wheel Arch Angels.
It's a little bit difficult to control as it's arse really swings out
when taking a 90 degree turn, but it's easy enough to counter-steer
using the directional stick. This goes for all the cars you can mod at
WAA although some, noticeably the Jester and Uranus are quite difficult
to control when speeding on nitrous.

My modding spree is continuing; this morning I modded an Oceanic (Or
similar car) to look like Christine in the film of the same name :o )

Cheers,
Rob
September 4, 2005 6:38:13 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <431AD553.4D440FF6@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > For 4x4 action, in the real sense then it's between the Patriot and
> > sandking. Is the Elegy a 4x4? I know it spins at the thought of
> > turning corners but it's one of the gutsiest cars in the game.
>
> The Patriot remains one of the best off-road vehicles in all the GTA's,
> and the Sandking is just as good too.
>
> Take a Patriot to the Desert and climb the hills to where you first
> find Macca and Kent Paul. No matter what you ask the Patriot to climb
> it does it with ease. Top car.

eah, I try to store on at the airfield just for this mission. Sadly
Sandking only has two doors :o (

> A surprisingly good off-road vehicle is the Rhino. It's the only
> vehicle in the game that has wheels but acts like it's on caterpillar
> tracks. The R1 button acts like a handbrake too, just like the Monster,
> which is handy for tight turns.

Now yes, I should have thought about that as when i nick it i always
bring it over the hills. I think the time it blew up on me was when i
tried to take it through where the geiser is, got stuck often and I
think something went under me and hit its underbelly

> The Elegy is the puppies' pips when it's modded at Wheel Arch Angels.
> It's a little bit difficult to control as it's arse really swings out
> when taking a 90 degree turn, but it's easy enough to counter-steer
> using the directional stick. This goes for all the cars you can mod at
> WAA although some, noticeably the Jester and Uranus are quite difficult
> to control when speeding on nitrous.

I enjoy kicking the Elegy back into line. The slamvan is similar in
its behaviour but is too low to the floor, or too high if you lift the
springs. The elegy handles like the gutsy, raw monster it is

> My modding spree is continuing; this morning I modded an Oceanic (Or
> similar car) to look like Christine in the film of the same name :o )
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
:o ) now I do enjoy modding the old dogs

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 8:47:18 PM

The story was that the early Imprezas were just FWD or 4WD naturally
aspirated cheap little economy cars.

They had a small flat four and 11+ sec. 0-100 were normal esp. the
heavier 4wd.

Insurance was normal for these sorts of cars (ie. LOW!)

So in 1994 Subaru installed a large turbo in the 4wd model and the WRX
was born.

Pretty soon they were used in car chases, robberies, ram raiders and
the youngsters wrote them off.

Insurance was now VERY HIGH!

And it continues to be extremely high even though the cars are pretty
much unstealable.

The WRX is now an expensive sports sedan but the economy car beginnings
show thru.

Me, I prefer Skylines, Supras and the Japanese market Chasers.

T.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 10:34:28 PM

> The Sultan is the Subaru WRX... handles like that in real life.
>
> The Elegy is the Skyline GTS... handles like that in real life too!

Probably a dumbass question ... how can you tell how a car handles in
real life? I am a city boy and I never got a chance to drive my car off
road. I never hit a lamp-post or make a handbrake turn on my way to
work in the morning. When I test drive the most my car salesman let me
do is to try its power uphill ... I don't think he is very happy if I
suggest making a tight turn at hi-speed at the next light :-p
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 11:52:41 PM

Shawn LeBron wrote:
> > The Sultan is the Subaru WRX... handles like that in real life.
> >
> > The Elegy is the Skyline GTS... handles like that in real life too!
> >

> Probably a dumbass question ... how can you tell how a car handles in
> real life? I am a city boy and I never got a chance to drive my car off
> road. I never hit a lamp-post or make a handbrake turn on my way to
> work in the morning.

You haven't lived. :)

> When I test drive the most my car salesman let me
> do is to try its power uphill ... I don't think he is very happy if I
> suggest making a tight turn at hi-speed at the next light :-p

Last time I took a car for a test drive, I gave it the full test -
chirped a few times to test acceleration, entered corners late to test
handling, wiggled it back and forth to test response, and went heavy on
the brakes a couple of times.
I warned the salesman beforehand that I was going to put it through the
paces, so he was ok with most of it.
It was for mother - she bought it.

To bring it back on topic. I'll take the Banshee over anything. I
prefer the performance of the Bullet, but the Banshee is a *much* nicer
looking ride.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 12:02:33 AM

Bullet is my choice for extreme high speed driving... I remember it
fondly in the big races as dependable and safe in cornering and
braking... and it's common in SF.

You can pretend you're Jeremy Clarkson.

About testing cars... you shouldn't obviously be doing this on the
street but you know it happens... I run my RWD cars hard thru the
corners, I often just chirp it in 2nd... I often do mountain runs at
high speed.

But as always, the racetrack is the safest way... just bring a helmet.

T.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 12:49:16 AM

towelie wrote:

> TV's tlai909@visto.com wrote:
> > The Sultan is the Subaru WRX... handles like that in real life.
>
> Not really. The WRX wasn't around in 93. It does resemble it a little,
> however. But the front end is nothing like the WRX.

I think we did this one a little while ago. they raced a different car
just before the wrx... the legacy?

http://www28.tok2.com/home/mikado/finish/Legacy/legacy_...

and then there's the early imprezas

http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/hyde/main/automobile/pho...

and I kind of get the feeling we're seeing both cars in one
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
September 5, 2005 12:49:17 AM

TV's Paul Heslop wrote:
> towelie wrote:
>>
>> TV's tlai909@visto.com wrote:
>> > The Sultan is the Subaru WRX... handles like that in real life.
>>
>> Not really. The WRX wasn't around in 93. It does resemble it a little,
>> however. But the front end is nothing like the WRX.
>
> I think we did this one a little while ago. they raced a different car
> just before the wrx... the legacy?
>
> http://www28.tok2.com/home/mikado/finish/Legacy/legacy_...
>
> and then there's the early imprezas

Those early Imprezas were SLOW! I test drove one in 92-93 and it hit 60 in
about 14-15 seconds, with a 5 speed. It's impressive (no pun intended) what
Subaru has done with this car.

> http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/hyde/main/automobile/pho...
>
> and I kind of get the feeling we're seeing both cars in one

After seeing those pics, I think maybe it's simply an early Impreza
"WRXized".
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 2:46:21 AM

towelie wrote:

> TV's Paul Heslop wrote:
> > towelie wrote:

> >> Not really. The WRX wasn't around in 93. It does resemble it a little,
> >> however. But the front end is nothing like the WRX.
> >
> > I think we did this one a little while ago. they raced a different car
> > just before the wrx... the legacy?
> >
> > http://www28.tok2.com/home/mikado/finish/Legacy/legacy_...
> >
> > and then there's the early imprezas
>
> Those early Imprezas were SLOW! I test drove one in 92-93 and it hit 60 in
> about 14-15 seconds, with a 5 speed. It's impressive (no pun intended) what
> Subaru has done with this car.
>
> > http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/hyde/main/automobile/pho...
> >
> > and I kind of get the feeling we're seeing both cars in one
>
> After seeing those pics, I think maybe it's simply an early Impreza
> "WRXized".

yup. As for the impreza i recall seeing an article in Autocar or
something which gave it maximum points for caravan pulling, way ahead
of the competition. I think they classed these things as real farmers
cars
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 5:38:14 AM

tlai909@visto.com wrote:

> The story was that the early Imprezas were just FWD or 4WD naturally
> aspirated cheap little economy cars.
>
> They had a small flat four and 11+ sec. 0-100 were normal esp. the
> heavier 4wd.
>
> Insurance was normal for these sorts of cars (ie. LOW!)
>
> So in 1994 Subaru installed a large turbo in the 4wd model and the WRX
> was born.
>
> Pretty soon they were used in car chases, robberies, ram raiders and
> the youngsters wrote them off.
>
> Insurance was now VERY HIGH!
>
> And it continues to be extremely high even though the cars are pretty
> much unstealable.
>
> The WRX is now an expensive sports sedan but the economy car beginnings
> show thru.
>
> Me, I prefer Skylines, Supras and the Japanese market Chasers.
>
> T.

As a none driver given the choice I'd rather have a skyline parked
outside than a subaru any day :o )
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 6:24:37 AM

Bah! You're all wrong.

Modded Huntley, clearly!

=)
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 6:41:02 AM

> The Patriot remains one of the best off-road vehicles in all the GTA's,
> and the Sandking is just as good too.

I didn't know the sand king was in SA.

The Patriot is great off road - I just wish the real-life equivalent was as
capable. The physics just doesn't work: Its centre of gravity would have to
be below the axles (impossible) for some of the climbs it can manage.

I've just put some off-road wheels on a Huntley and taken it for a spin -
it's just like a real-life (classic) range rover, very good on the slippy
stuff, but will go anywhere with the right rubber on it.

(Actually - that's not quite true. There was a 80 degree climb it wouldn't
make in the wet, but (again) that's OK compared to RL. The biggest incline I
ever took mine up was 60 deg.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 1:58:18 PM

Class 1 wrote:

> Bah! You're all wrong.
>
> Modded Huntley, clearly!
>
> =)

:o )
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 2:00:55 PM

G Hardy wrote:

> > The Patriot remains one of the best off-road vehicles in all the GTA's,
> > and the Sandking is just as good too.
>
> I didn't know the sand king was in SA.

As far as I know it's in just one place. You have to go to the Big Ear
and look in the base of it, there are three compartments and it's
parked in one. If it's not there drive away and come back

> The Patriot is great off road - I just wish the real-life equivalent was as
> capable. The physics just doesn't work: Its centre of gravity would have to
> be below the axles (impossible) for some of the climbs it can manage.
>
> I've just put some off-road wheels on a Huntley and taken it for a spin -
> it's just like a real-life (classic) range rover, very good on the slippy
> stuff, but will go anywhere with the right rubber on it.
>
> (Actually - that's not quite true. There was a 80 degree climb it wouldn't
> make in the wet, but (again) that's OK compared to RL. The biggest incline I
> ever took mine up was 60 deg.

You find those offroad wheels really help? I tried them on something a
while back and it didn't seem to make a difference. Mind you, knowing
me it was probably something flashy I wanted to pick Maccer up in :o )

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 5:31:55 PM

> You find those offroad wheels really help? I tried them on something a
> while back and it didn't seem to make a difference. Mind you, knowing
> me it was probably something flashy I wanted to pick Maccer up in :o )

They helped me drive a Huntley up that grass bank near Jizzy's when it was
raining. I struggled up without those tyres when it was dry.

It could easily have been a different "route" I took, though - but I don't
think so.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 7:47:01 PM

Paul Heslop wrote:
> towelie wrote:
> >
> > TV's Rob White wrote:

> > > You can find one parked under The Big Ear in the desert.
> > >
> > > I forgot to mention two other great off-road vehicles - The Monster and
> > > the Dune.
> > >
> > > The Dune is amazing considering it's size, and the Monster might go all
> > > over the place with the handbrake button down but when it comes to
> > > going up steep hills it's right on.
> >
> > Where can you get a Dune? The Vehicle Locations FAQ mentions it spawns
> > outside the stadium at LV, but I haven't completed the races there.
> >
> > --
>
> I don't get this. I tried finding info on it and get two images of a
> boxy truck thing like they use in Paris-Dakar. Others say you get a
> dune buggy.

IIRC, there are two races at the LV motorcycle stadium: The obstacle
course with checkpoints and the regular track.
I don't remember which gives you which, but win one and the buggy
spawns, win the other and the Dune spawns.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 8:25:08 PM

G Hardy wrote:

> > You find those offroad wheels really help? I tried them on something a
> > while back and it didn't seem to make a difference. Mind you, knowing
> > me it was probably something flashy I wanted to pick Maccer up in :o )
>
> They helped me drive a Huntley up that grass bank near Jizzy's when it was
> raining. I struggled up without those tyres when it was dry.
>
> It could easily have been a different "route" I took, though - but I don't
> think so.

I'll have to have another try
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 10:27:22 PM

I passed Dirt Track and 8-Ring fine but I'm no good with that Sanchez
obstacle course. It requires a lot of accuracy in riding the bike.

I'm slowing inching my way up to 90% which is close enough really...

T.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 11:24:53 PM

In message <1125888761.598063.145210@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
"Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It was for mother - she bought it.

Not a GTA fan is she? ;o)

> To bring it back on topic. I'll take the Banshee over anything. I
> prefer the performance of the Bullet, but the Banshee is a *much* nicer
> looking ride.

I've quite liked the Banshee since GTAIII, and now with it's new curves
it looks like a "proper" Dodge Viper.

Cheers,
Rob
September 5, 2005 11:27:33 PM

In message <2fOSe.3505$7p1.3435@newsfe7-win.ntli.net>
"G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

> I didn't know the sand king was in SA.

You can find one parked under The Big Ear in the desert.

I forgot to mention two other great off-road vehicles - The Monster and
the Dune.

The Dune is amazing considering it's size, and the Monster might go all
over the place with the handbrake button down but when it comes to
going up steep hills it's right on.

Cheers,
Rob
September 5, 2005 11:27:34 PM

TV's Rob White wrote:
> In message <2fOSe.3505$7p1.3435@newsfe7-win.ntli.net>
> "G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:
>
>> I didn't know the sand king was in SA.
>
> You can find one parked under The Big Ear in the desert.
>
> I forgot to mention two other great off-road vehicles - The Monster and
> the Dune.
>
> The Dune is amazing considering it's size, and the Monster might go all
> over the place with the handbrake button down but when it comes to
> going up steep hills it's right on.

Where can you get a Dune? The Vehicle Locations FAQ mentions it spawns
outside the stadium at LV, but I haven't completed the races there.

September 6, 2005 1:28:31 AM

towelie wrote:

> TV's Rob White wrote:
> > In message <2fOSe.3505$7p1.3435@newsfe7-win.ntli.net>
> > "G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I didn't know the sand king was in SA.
> >
> > You can find one parked under The Big Ear in the desert.
> >
> > I forgot to mention two other great off-road vehicles - The Monster and
> > the Dune.
> >
> > The Dune is amazing considering it's size, and the Monster might go all
> > over the place with the handbrake button down but when it comes to
> > going up steep hills it's right on.
>
> Where can you get a Dune? The Vehicle Locations FAQ mentions it spawns
> outside the stadium at LV, but I haven't completed the races there.
>
> --

I don't get this. I tried finding info on it and get two images of a
boxy truck thing like they use in Paris-Dakar. Others say you get a
dune buggy.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 2:41:21 AM

>> --
>
> I don't get this. I tried finding info on it and get two images of a
> boxy truck thing like they use in Paris-Dakar. Others say you get a
> dune buggy.
> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
The Dune is the boxy truck like thing, you get it for scoring 26 or more in
Kickstart. The little buggy thing is a BF Injection, which you get for
winning Dirt Track. Both spawn next to each other outside the stadium.

Rob
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 2:41:59 AM

"towelie" <bugoNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Where can you get a Dune? The Vehicle Locations FAQ mentions it spawns
> outside the stadium at LV, but I haven't completed the races there.

Go inside and score more than 26 in Kickstart to get it to spawn.

Rob
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 5:13:24 AM

Rob Lancaster wrote:

> >> --
> >
> > I don't get this. I tried finding info on it and get two images of a
> > boxy truck thing like they use in Paris-Dakar. Others say you get a
> > dune buggy.
> > --
> > Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> The Dune is the boxy truck like thing, you get it for scoring 26 or more in
> Kickstart. The little buggy thing is a BF Injection, which you get for
> winning Dirt Track. Both spawn next to each other outside the stadium.
>
> Rob

well, I have one of those evo max disk things (I don't use it on this
game except for fun) and with it you can replace any car in CJ's main
garage with another. I found the dune on the list but of course the
damn thing is too big for the garage so it doesn't appear!
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 10:56:16 AM

In message <EdydnYWbac_fKoHeRVn-2Q@centurytel.net>
"towelie" <bugoNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Where can you get a Dune? The Vehicle Locations FAQ mentions it spawns
> outside the stadium at LV, but I haven't completed the races there.

You only have to complete one of the races to unlock each vehicle (The
other prize is a BF Injection I think).

Kickstart is pretty easy really, but the race gave me untold problems
until I practiced taking that big jump and landing properly. Note that
the other competitors mostly always fall off at the corner just before
that jump.

There's no where else to find the Dune I'm afraid, but if all else
fails and you can't win it legitimately, stock up on uzi ammo and blast
them :o )

Cheers,
Rob
"It's probably a tradition, or an old charter or something"
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 10:57:00 AM

In message <431CB869.6DDC63FF@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I don't get this. I tried finding info on it and get two images of a
> boxy truck thing like they use in Paris-Dakar. Others say you get a
> dune buggy.

See my other post, you get a prize for each race in LV.

Cheers,
Rob
"It's probably a tradition, or an old charter or something"
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 5:03:12 PM

I like the Buffalo. High top speed, OK handling and off-road
performance, and takes a lot of damage.

robert
!