Sign in with
Your question

Lost Option " Sharing"

Last response: in Networking
December 5, 2002 11:54:28 AM

Help, help!

I want to share Internet but I "lost" option "Sharing" in window "lOCAL AREA CONNECTION PROPERTIES". Sure, it had been and suddenly disappeared. How can I restore it? My PC - Win 2K SP2, USB ASDL Modem, 3M Network card, Netgear switch, Netgear Wireless Access Point.

Thank everybody.

More about : lost option sharing

December 5, 2002 11:58:05 AM

with a USB modem, are there 2 local area connections?

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>
December 5, 2002 12:33:24 PM

No, my USB ADSL modem gives only Dial-Up window. Just the Network card gives "Local Area". The lost option just for the card was, really was!
Related resources
December 5, 2002 12:55:17 PM

I think you have to share the dialup connection, not the local area connection. Also, make sure you log in as administrator.

December 5, 2002 3:43:26 PM

Yes, I am an Administrator and I should share just Local Area Connection - not the dialup. Win2K lets you this. A dialup never has option "Sharing". But anyway - where is the bloody option "Sharing"? It was!
December 5, 2002 3:54:33 PM

Sorry, I was wrong. A dialup connection has option "Sharing" but - not mine. My dialup never had this option, but my local area connection did had! I think - something with Group Policy Setting but I do not understand - how I can "come in it". I am going to re-install Win2K.
December 5, 2002 6:35:05 PM

good idea

!