Sign in with
Your question
Solved

When should i get windows 8?

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 8
November 8, 2012 2:54:29 AM

OK, so im confused should i get windows 8 now? or later :/  also what version etc. etc.

MY COMPUTER
Case
HAF 912
PSU
850W corsair enthusiast series
GPU
GTX 670 MSI lighting edition(1241[in game using msi afterburner counter]/3500)
CPU
FX-8120(4.7Ghz)
MOBO
Gigabyte GA-970a-UD3
RAM
2x4GB 1333mhz
DVD Driver
Regular drive
HDD
Caviar Black 1TB
Heatsink
Hyper212+

windows 7 is working well for me but im not sure if I should get windows 8 if it works faster, better, and is more realiable with the drivers?

also should i wait a while for it to "mature"?

ugh so many questions I hate upgrading my OS :/ 

More about : windows

a b * Windows 8
November 8, 2012 3:10:52 AM

PanicMaster85 said:
OK, so im confused should i get windows 8 now? or later :/  also what version etc. etc.

MY COMPUTER
Case
HAF 912
PSU
850W corsair enthusiast series
GPU
GTX 670 MSI lighting edition(1241[in game using msi afterburner counter]/3500)
CPU
FX-8120(4.7Ghz)
MOBO
Gigabyte GA-970a-UD3
RAM
2x4GB 1333mhz
DVD Driver
Regular drive
HDD
Caviar Black 1TB
Heatsink
Hyper212+

windows 7 is working well for me but im not sure if I should get windows 8 if it works faster, better, and is more realiable with the drivers?

also should i wait a while for it to "mature"?

ugh so many questions I hate upgrading my OS :/ 

Windows 8 is very mature out of the box. I've been using it since early September and haven't had a single problem with it.

There are a few pieces of software that still need to be updated but overall support is very good. The lack of Aeroglass means that the memory footprint is smaller and performance is a tad bit higher across the board.
m
l
November 8, 2012 3:17:17 AM

ok, should i wait? until the drivers are updated and "perfected"? also do you know if the start menu is going to be put back in... I really dont like the new user interface(I have seen some videos)
m
l
Related resources
November 8, 2012 3:20:12 AM

You can put the start menu back in yourself for free in less than two minutes of time. There are many ways to do it, but I prefer Classic Shell.

If you want Windows 8, then the best time is now because of how cheap it is. However, it won't make much of a performance difference. It's a slight improvement, nothing more, although the memory footprint can be noticeably lower.

Most Windows 7 drivers work in Windows 8 and drivers such as Windows 8-optimized graphics drivers recently became excellent.
m
l
November 8, 2012 3:20:48 AM

OK, when do you think the price will jump?
m
l

Best solution

November 8, 2012 3:22:01 AM

PanicMaster85 said:
OK, when do you think the price will jump?

Probably once the early adopter era is up, so probably after Christmas, but I'm mostly just guessing here.

Just my opinion, but I don't see much point in upgrading your OS if you're happy with what you have and dislike the hassle of upgrading. You won't get a serious benefit, at least not one that I'd think is worth paying for.
November 8, 2012 3:24:19 AM

alright thanks, ill have to get it once things start to have a "compatible with windows 8" label on it(by this i mean compatible with only windows 8)
m
l
November 8, 2012 3:24:27 AM

Best answer selected by Panicmaster85.
m
l
November 8, 2012 3:26:23 AM

PanicMaster85 said:
alright thanks, ill have to get it once things start to have a "compatible with windows 8" label on it(by this i mean compatible with only windows 8)

Windows 8 uses the same basic kernel as 7 and Vista (updated, but still mostly the same). It's unlikely that anything will ever be only compatible with Windows 8 IMO.
m
l
!