Afternoon all,

I couldn't find a precise list of real car names so I've decided to
make my own. If anybody has any good ideas on some of the cars' real
life counterparts, drop me a line at mflt35@dsl.pipex.com

Cheers,
Rob

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's Rob White wrote:
> Afternoon all,
>

> I couldn't find a precise list of real car names so I've decided to
> make my own. If anybody has any good ideas on some of the cars' real
> life counterparts, drop me a line at mflt35@dsl.pipex.com

Here's a partial list:
Tahoma: four-door 1981 Monte Carlo w/1980 front end
Willard: Dodge Dynasty
Sultan: Mitsu Galant/Acura Integra?
Feltzer: Mercedes 280 SL?
Cadrona: early 90's Chevy Cavalier
Washington: 82ish Lincoln Continental
Voodoo: 1960 Chevy Impala
Bobcat: 82ish Ford Ranger
Walton:1955 Chevy truck, 1954 grille
Bravura: Chrysler K-car (Plymouth Reliant/Dodge Aries)
Regina: 80's Pontiac Safari wagon
Sabre: 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass
Clover: early 70's Olds Cutlass/Pontiac LeMans cues
Perennial: Studebaker wagon
Rancher: Chevy Blazer?
Intruder: Subaru Legacy
Picador: 1971 El Camino
Primo: Ford Tempo/Toyota Camry?
Glendale: 1961 Dodge Polara w/1957 Olds? front end
Oceanic: 1955 Oldsmobile w/1961 Dodge front end
Nebula: Pontiac 6000
Merit: Mazda 929
Virgo: 1977 Cougar XR7
Stafford: Rolls Royce
Buffalo: 1980's Camaro
Elegant: Buick Roadmaster
Moonbeam: Chevy Astro
Oceanic: 1961 Dodge grill, 1955 Olds side trim
Fortune: 1990 Ford Thunderbird w/1992 Cavalier front end

Someone already has a mod that substitutes the real names for the SA game
names.

Check the mod sites.

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

> Afternoon all,
>

> I couldn't find a precise list of real car names so I've decided to
> make my own. If anybody has any good ideas on some of the cars' real
> life counterparts, drop me a line at mflt35@dsl.pipex.com

"Huntley" is a Range Rover classic, not sure about the front end design,
though.
"Club" looks like a VW Polo to me, though I've heard some say they think
it's a Golf.

G Hardy wrote:

> "Huntley" is a Range Rover classic, not sure about the front end design,
> though.
> "Club" looks like a VW Polo to me, though I've heard some say they think
> it's a Golf.

I think it's a gold just from the name, maybe the other one is a polo
but I forget its name
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

In message <XHiSe.1701$7p1.694@newsfe7-win.ntli.net>
"G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

> "Huntley" is a Range Rover classic, not sure about the front end design,
> though.

A couple of (Incomplete) lists I've seen have it down as a Freelander,
but I think you're correct.

> "Club" looks like a VW Polo to me, though I've heard some say they think
> it's a Golf.

Looks more like a Polo to me, but I'm going to look for photographic
evidence. There's a few good databases with reader-submitted images.

Cheers,
Rob

Rob White wrote:

> In message <XHiSe.1701$7p1.694@newsfe7-win.ntli.net>
> "G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:
>
> > "Huntley" is a Range Rover classic, not sure about the front end design,
> > though.
>
> A couple of (Incomplete) lists I've seen have it down as a Freelander,
> but I think you're correct.
>
> > "Club" looks like a VW Polo to me, though I've heard some say they think
> > it's a Golf.
>
> Looks more like a Polo to me, but I'm going to look for photographic
> evidence. There's a few good databases with reader-submitted images.

golf mk1
http://www.romatuning.nl/pic/robert/Kopie_van_op_aanhanger_2.jpg
polo
http://www.ahc.cz/audiclub/modely/50/hi990063.jpg

--

TV's Paul Heslop wrote:
> Rob White wrote:
>>
>> In message <XHiSe.1701$7p1.694@newsfe7-win.ntli.net>
>> "G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:
>>
>> > "Huntley" is a Range Rover classic, not sure about the front end
>> > design, though.
>>
>> A couple of (Incomplete) lists I've seen have it down as a Freelander,
>> but I think you're correct.
>>
>> > "Club" looks like a VW Polo to me, though I've heard some say they
>> > think it's a Golf.
>>
>> Looks more like a Polo to me, but I'm going to look for photographic
>> evidence. There's a few good databases with reader-submitted images.
>>
> golf mk1
> http://www.romatuning.nl/pic/robert/Kopie_van_op_aanhanger_2.jpg
> polo
> http://www.ahc.cz/audiclub/modely/50/hi990063.jpg

The rear roofline of the Club is much more vertical than either of these
cars. The front end, however, does resemble the Cabriolet version of the
Rabbit/Golf:

http://www.autoseekandsell.com/userimages/Voltswagon.jpg

In message <nnlSe.7128$e47.6071@bignews1.bellsouth.net>
"Margrave of Brandenburg" <lhorwinkle@usa.com> wrote:

> Someone already has a mod that substitutes the real names for the SA game
> names.
>
> Check the mod sites.

Doh! I really should have checked that first, but I didn't know there
was a mod for SA (Know about the VC and III one's though).

Cheers,
Rob

towelie wrote:

> TV's Paul Heslop wrote:
> > Rob White wrote:

> >> A couple of (Incomplete) lists I've seen have it down as a Freelander,
> >> but I think you're correct.

> >> Looks more like a Polo to me, but I'm going to look for photographic
> >> evidence. There's a few good databases with reader-submitted images.
> >>
> > golf mk1
> > http://www.romatuning.nl/pic/robert/Kopie_van_op_aanhanger_2.jpg
> > polo
> > http://www.ahc.cz/audiclub/modely/50/hi990063.jpg
>
> The rear roofline of the Club is much more vertical than either of these
> cars. The front end, however, does resemble the Cabriolet version of the
> Rabbit/Golf:
>
> http://www.autoseekandsell.com/userimages/Voltswagon.jpg

I was thinking that about the rear end but there are newer versions of
both, i think, with a straighter pillar
--

G Hardy wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> > golf mk1
> > http://www.romatuning.nl/pic/robert/Kopie_van_op_aanhanger_2.jpg
> > polo
> > http://www.ahc.cz/audiclub/modely/50/hi990063.jpg
>
> They both look like they've broken down!
>
> "If only everything in life were as reliable as a Volkswagen."

heh heh
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote

>> "Pictures of a very old VW Polo and a tuned Golf"

The Club looks like a VW Golf in front and like a Polo from behind.

There where different Versions around the years.

http://home.arcor.de/c.kissenbeck/www.die-speedy.de.vu/polo1.jpg

http://fake.pagenstecher.de/uploads/3851.1671.jpg

http://ww2.wagen.de/bilder/23068840fd8af4cff19a2bb841f64c00.jpg

Open Google Picture Search and type "Polo Steilheck"

Marco

Marco Jautz wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote
>
> >> "Pictures of a very old VW Polo and a tuned Golf"
>
> The Club looks like a VW Golf in front and like a Polo from behind.
>
> There where different Versions around the years.
>
> http://home.arcor.de/c.kissenbeck/www.die-speedy.de.vu/polo1.jpg
>
> http://fake.pagenstecher.de/uploads/3851.1671.jpg
>
> http://ww2.wagen.de/bilder/23068840fd8af4cff19a2bb841f64c00.jpg
>
> Open Google Picture Search and type "Polo Steilheck"
>
> Marco

close but that rear pillar is too narrow. one of the newer golfs had a
wider pillar and I wonder if someone couldn't find a good image and
just merged the two?

http://carsguide.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,3600,337680,00.jpg

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Elegy = Skyline GTS ( being RWD + featuring 'small' GTS wing)

Winds me up no end when know-nothing muppets go "oooh there's a Skyline
GTR in SA!!".
No there's not! Gah!!

I actually love driving the unmodded Elegys, as they look & handle
great.
Once modded, they become too garish (+ most freshly-jacked cars never
tend to live longer than about 30 seconds anyway, so it's a waste of
time getting them modded.).
=)