The power of 3 ??? 11th august ?

Hi

Did you see the countdown of the nvidia homepage ?

Any idea of what they will tell us on 11th ?

Franck

Franck wrote:
> Hi
>
> Did you see the countdown of the nvidia homepage ?
>
> Any idea of what they will tell us on 11th ?

It is probably the other two 7800s joining the product line. There is
supposedly a 7800 GT and an Ultra coming. A few articles around the net
suggest nVidia has decided to take a slightly different approach with
product releases and they are a little more confident these days that they
can release ahead of the competition on cycles as soon as three to four
months if need be.

It has been mentioned that they are getting better than expected yeilds from
chip foundry over the last few months and also that they overcame an
engineering hurdle (unspecified, but it is likely tied both to pipes and
their ability to increse the amount of data thruput for the shaders). So,
it seems likely that we might not only see a full 7800 line available this
month, but we could also see their hi-def boards (the stuff) and some
combination products (they may be thinking of a hi-def appliance like a home
media server or a combination product much like the ATI All-in-Wonder) and
maybe even a whole new line of enthusiast cards for a Christmas release.

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 19:48:21 +0200, Franck wrote:

> Hi
>
> Did you see the countdown of the nvidia homepage ?
>
> Any idea of what they will tell us on 11th ?
>

> Franck

I don't see any countdown, where is it ?

Andrew

<N0.Sp4M.francki67@free.fr> wrote:

>Any idea of what they will tell us on 11th ?

3 card SLI? NVidia: All your slots are belong to us.

"Nikonja" <spybreak_hr@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news: >
> I don't see any countdown, where is it ?

Here

http://www.nvidia.com/page/home

Look better, look at the green banner in the middle of the page. 03 days, 01
hours, 51 minutes.

It's called the 'Orb', involves witchcraft, and is a spinoff of "Byffy the
Vampire Slayer'.

Phil Weldon

"Franck" <N0.Sp4M.francki67@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Did you see the countdown of the nvidia homepage ?
>
> Any idea of what they will tell us on 11th ?
>

> Franck

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 22:39:53 GMT, "Phil Weldon"
<notdiscosed@example.com> wrote:

>It's called the 'Orb', involves witchcraft, and is a spinoff of "Byffy the
>Vampire Slayer'.
>
>Phil Weldon

? What?

"twobirds" <notareal@eaddy.com> wrote in message
> Franck wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Did you see the countdown of the nvidia homepage ?
>>
>> Any idea of what they will tell us on 11th ?
>
> It is probably the other two 7800s joining the product line. There is
> supposedly a 7800 GT and an Ultra coming. A few articles around the net
> suggest nVidia has decided to take a slightly different approach with
> product releases and they are a little more confident these days that they
> can release ahead of the competition on cycles as soon as three to four
> months if need be.
>
> It has been mentioned that they are getting better than expected yeilds
> from
> chip foundry over the last few months and also that they overcame an
> engineering hurdle (unspecified, but it is likely tied both to pipes and
> their ability to increse the amount of data thruput for the shaders). So,
> it seems likely that we might not only see a full 7800 line available this
> month, but we could also see their hi-def boards (the stuff) and some
> combination products (they may be thinking of a hi-def appliance like a
> home
> media server or a combination product much like the ATI All-in-Wonder)
> and
> maybe even a whole new line of enthusiast cards for a Christmas release.

This makes senese...although I thought they were going to have a 7800GTX
(equiv to 'Ultra'), 7800GT (equiv to 'GT') and 7800 (equiv to 'vanilla')?

Anywho....well I've recently been hunting around for a 6800GT PCI-E
256MB...HA! It's been very...trying. Anywho one of the people I spoke to
stuttered somthing about 'waiting for a few more weeks because the price
will go down'
....'the price on what?', I asked
....'the other cards because the 7800 is out so we've been told the old cards
won't be as popular....'
my reply: 'well, no, that's ridiculous, a 7800GTX is (AU)$400 more expensive
than a 6800GT'
And his reply: 'yeah they'll be coming down'.

He had an English language barrier, though, so it was kind of difficult to
understand what exactly he meant. But mayhaps they've received word to the
effect that the new range will be out soon? The ads on the website (nVidia's
website) also indicate it will be the new range. Here's hoping they'll be in
stores nice and quick like the GTX!!

It's when the 7800GT comes out and when the 6800 series sees a price cut,
according to the HardOCP news page.

"Franck" <N0.Sp4M.francki67@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Did you see the countdown of the nvidia homepage ?
>
> Any idea of what they will tell us on 11th ?
>

> Franck

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20050808PR206.html

Page linked by HardOCP. Just to show I'm not making this up...

> It's when the 7800GT comes out and when the 6800 series sees a price cut,
> according to the HardOCP news page.

Interesting, does this mean that the 6600GT will go down in price? If so, I
think it's time I built a new game rig ;-)

> http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20050808PR206.html
>
> Page linked by HardOCP. Just to show I'm not making this up...

> "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> It's when the 7800GT comes out and when the 6800 series sees a price cut,
>> according to the HardOCP news page.

The 6600GT is already pretty cheap. Far more desirable now are the 6800
vanilla cards.

"Neil Barras" <dontspamme@spammenot.com> wrote in message
> Interesting, does this mean that the 6600GT will go down in price? If so,
> I think it's time I built a new game rig ;-)

Is it US only, the price reduction? Or Worldwide?

> Is it US only, the price reduction? Or Worldwide?

It should be worldwide.

> "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> The 6600GT is already pretty cheap. Far more desirable now are the 6800
>> vanilla cards.
>>
>> --
>> "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
>> It can therefore be said that politics is war without
>> bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
>>

>> "Neil Barras" <dontspamme@spammenot.com> wrote in message
>>> Interesting, does this mean that the 6600GT will go down in price? If
>>> so, I think it's time I built a new game rig ;-)

> The 6600GT is already pretty cheap. Far more desirable now are the 6800
> vanilla cards.

Or spend a little bit more and buy a 6800GT, and get near-Ultra quality for
a non-Ultra price! And they'll be dropping off in price sharply soon enough.

> "Neil Barras" <dontspamme@spammenot.com> wrote in message
>> Interesting, does this mean that the 6600GT will go down in price? If
>> so, I think it's time I built a new game rig ;-)

Meanwhile...YES YES YES *does happy dance jig* I can't wait for my
7800GT!!!! Now to decide which manufacturer...hmmm...any ideas peeps?

I heard XFX OC like BFG, is this true? Are they good cards? Or dodgerific?
TIA!

"Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote in message
> Meanwhile...YES YES YES *does happy dance jig* I can't wait for my
> 7800GT!!!! Now to decide which manufacturer...hmmm...any ideas peeps?
>
> I heard XFX OC like BFG, is this true? Are they good cards? Or dodgerific?
> TIA!

Researched, I've settled on the XFX. Good extras package etc., etc. Now I
just have to find someone who has some in stock ;)

> "Neil Barras" <dontspamme@spammenot.com> wrote in message
>> Is it US only, the price reduction? Or Worldwide?
>>
>> "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> The 6600GT is already pretty cheap. Far more desirable now are the 6800
>>> vanilla cards.
>>>
>>> --
>>> "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
>>> It can therefore be said that politics is war without
>>> bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
>>>

>>> "Neil Barras" <dontspamme@spammenot.com> wrote in message

LOL, good one!