Gym Moves

Hi

I'm going for 100% and still have the Chiliad-Races
to do. I thought i still have to visit the gym in
each city, because i only visited the Gym in LS a
few times in the very beginning of the game.

Now i visited the gyms in SF and LV "one" time and it
looks like i am at 99,47% now. Is this all?

I think there can't be much more then the Chiliad-Races,
right?

I also didn't do the burglaries and "Beat the Cock" Races,
but they don't seem to count for 100%.

Marco

Marco Jautz wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm going for 100% and still have the Chiliad-Races
> to do. I thought i still have to visit the gym in
> each city, because i only visited the Gym in LS a
> few times in the very beginning of the game.
>
> Now i visited the gyms in SF and LV "one" time and it
> looks like i am at 99,47% now. Is this all?
>
> I think there can't be much more then the Chiliad-Races,
> right?
>
> I also didn't do the burglaries and "Beat the Cock" Races,
> but they don't seem to count for 100%.
>
> Marco

I can't recall if there's a thing about getting a certain amount of
money in one night on burglaries, it's a bit confusing... anyway, on
ganefaqs it says
-------------------------------
According to the Brady Guide, the following are needed for 100%
completion:

* Completion of all game missions, including story missions and
prerequisite
Odd Jobs.

* Buying all the asset properties in the game
- Zero RC Shot
- Wang Auto
- Verdant Meadows Airstrip

* Acquiring assets for all properties
- Roboi's Food Mart - Courier
- Hippy Shopper - Courier
- Burger Shot - Courier
- Hunter Quarry - Quarry missions
- Vank Hoff Hotel - Valet
- RS Haul - Trucker

* Buying all safe houses

* Painting all 100 Gang Tags

* Photographing all 50 Photo Ops

* Collection of all 50 Oysters

* Collection of all 50 Horseshoes (typo in guide - says 100 Horseshoes
- there
are, in fact, only 50).
----------------------------------
but it also says

26. Burglar
Starting Point: Black Boxville in apartment complex south across
the street
from the gym,
Difficulty: 1/10
You can only start this mission between 20:00 and 6:00. Hop in,
and cruise
the nearby neighborhood looking for yellow arrows on the front
door,
including one that is usually right by the truck. Pull up near
the house,
and enter. If there is anyone in the main room, exit, and try
again. The
second time will either show an empty room, or the same person(s)
still
there. If they are there the second time, leave - they won't.
Other than
that, it works just like the last mission, except it's slightly
easier. As
soon as you are within sight of the door, run. If you fill the
noise bar,
don't worry - it resets next time you enter the house - as long as
the
timer doesn't get to 10. The only items I've ever found in the
houses
around here are in the main room, and there's anywhere between 2
and 4
items (4 is rare, but I saw it once).

Once daylight hits, drive the truck to the same garage as in the
last
mission. Find out how much you made, and do other missions until
it's
night again. Once you've accumulated over $10,000 in stolen goods
(total,
not all on the same night), you've passed this odd job. Try to
aim for at
least 10 items. That's worth $2000, which means you'd need five
nights at
most to complete this mission.

Note: You can complete this in one night if you want. First, get
the
boxer before 20:00 to make sure you have maximum time. Then go
park by
your house. Once you hit 20:00, start the mission. Find two
houses next
to one another than can be robbed. You can go back and forth
between the
two houses - just make sure to finish one before entering the
other. Also,
because the houses are so small, you don't really have to worry
about
stealth. Sure, you'll be detected, but as long as you're out
before the
10-second timer expires, you're fine. Offload your huge load, and
you're
done.

Note: After completing this mission, my percentage complete did
not go up
at all. From what I understand, this is a required vehicle
mission. I
don't know what to make of this.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 20:02:15 +0200, "Marco Jautz"
<marcojmgh@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm going for 100% and still have the Chiliad-Races
>to do. I thought i still have to visit the gym in
>each city, because i only visited the Gym in LS a
>few times in the very beginning of the game.
>
>Now i visited the gyms in SF and LV "one" time and it
>looks like i am at 99,47% now. Is this all?
>
>I think there can't be much more then the Chiliad-Races,
>right?
>
>I also didn't do the burglaries and "Beat the Cock" Races,
>but they don't seem to count for 100%.
>
>Marco

99.47% going into the 'End of the Line' means you're done man.
Are you sure you haven't already done the Chiliad races?

Or, if you have completed 'End of the Line', the races may be all you
have left. As long as you have learned all the Gym Moves, that's it.
(They are definitely required, I learned the hard way a few games ago)

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote

> I can't recall if there's a thing about getting a certain amount of
> money in one night on burglaries, it's a bit confusing...

It seems to be necessary to get infinite sprint.

Marco

"§ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote

> 99.47% going into the 'End of the Line' means you're done man.
> Are you sure you haven't already done the Chiliad races?
>
> Or, if you have completed 'End of the Line', the races may be all you
> have left. As long as you have learned all the Gym Moves, that's it.
> (They are definitely required, I learned the hard way a few games ago)

I have completed "End of the line" weeks ago. Doing sidestuff since then.
I am sure about the races, i became second in the first race
and never touched it since then. ;-)

I was not sure about the Gym Moves. I am sure i have done a
few in Los Santos, learned one in Las Venturas and in San Fierro
the same Move again (target with right mouse button and hit Enter
2 times while walking forward). Can't learn a new move now.

I thought every City has it's own set of moves to learn.

Preparing for Chiliad now. ;-)

Marco

Marco Jautz wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote
>
> > I can't recall if there's a thing about getting a certain amount of
> > money in one night on burglaries, it's a bit confusing...
>
> It seems to be necessary to get infinite sprint.
>
> Marco

is that not just the ambulance mission?
--

Marco Jautz wrote:

> "§ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote
>
> > 99.47% going into the 'End of the Line' means you're done man.
> > Are you sure you haven't already done the Chiliad races?
> >
> > Or, if you have completed 'End of the Line', the races may be all you
> > have left. As long as you have learned all the Gym Moves, that's it.
> > (They are definitely required, I learned the hard way a few games ago)
>
> I have completed "End of the line" weeks ago. Doing sidestuff since then.
> I am sure about the races, i became second in the first race
> and never touched it since then. ;-)
>
> I was not sure about the Gym Moves. I am sure i have done a
> few in Los Santos, learned one in Las Venturas and in San Fierro
> the same Move again (target with right mouse button and hit Enter
> 2 times while walking forward). Can't learn a new move now.
>
> I thought every City has it's own set of moves to learn.
>
> Preparing for Chiliad now. ;-)
>
> Marco

all three cities have a set of fighting moves, though the first and
third are both boxers and the middle one is karate or whatever
--

Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> all three cities have a set of fighting moves, though the first and
> third are both boxers and the middle one is karate or whatever

Marital arts teacher :)

"Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote

> FTR, it doesn't have to be in one night. You can steal one item a night
> for 30 nights if you want. As long as you eventually steal $10,000
> worth of stuff, you're good.

I "really" like to read that.

>> I'm glad the Triathlon Missions are not required for 100%
>> so i don't have to do the burglaries (maybe later to get inf. sprint
>> but i don't like them).

> Word of advice: Do the burglaries *before* doing the triathalons. It'll
> make the races a breeze, as infinite sprint applies to swimming as well.

Yes, thats why i am glad the triathlons aren't required. It saves
me from doing the burglaries. I would have to do them to
win at the triathlons. Now i don't have to.

Btw, I already got second place at the Los Santos triathlon.
I was in lead but lost it on the last few meters.
The winner didn't survive of course. ;-)

Marco

In message <dfee6q$c1h$1@online.de>
"Marco Jautz" <marcojmgh@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Got my 100% today. Is there a reward except the Hydra, Rhino and inf.
> Ammo? Maybe Cars are more durable or a T-Shirt that reads: "I finished
> San....." ;-) ?

All vehicles become twice as durable.

I would have liked to see a T-Shirt a' la VC too :eek:)

Cheers,
Rob

Anssi Saari wrote:

> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
>
> > all three cities have a set of fighting moves, though the first and
> > third are both boxers and the middle one is karate or whatever
>
> Marital arts teacher :)

Big sissy who gets his ass kicked easy more like :O) I find it
painful when you floor the boxers and never allow them to get up and
they're lying on the floor calling you names because they don't have
anything to say along the lines of 'help, he's killing me!'

--

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote

> The $10,000 doesn't have to be done all in one night, it's like the
> Taxi Driver missions; do some, leave the others until later if you feel
> like it. As far as I know, the Paramedic missions boosts your health
> bar.

Yes, i got it wrong and i am glad that it doesn't have to be done
in one night.

>> I'm glad the Triathlon Missions are not required for 100%
>> so i don't have to do the burglaries (maybe later to get inf. sprint
>> but i don't like them).
>
> Still a great source of cash early on tho'.

Didn't like doing it somehow.