Nvidea or ATI ?

Is there a side where yoy can find a test of videocards?
I'm the intention to buy another videocard but which card is the best?
My pc now is : Titanium MD 8080XL , Intel3.0 Ghz onboord, 512mb ddr sdram
and now there is a ATI Radeon 9800xl 128mb ddr sdram 256 bit , 8x agp
But the videocard is u/s

I will choose between the next proceccors:

Radeon 9600 XT Atlantis 128MB (Asus or XFX)
Or
NVidea Geforce 6600GT 128MB (Sapphire or other)

Who gif me more info pleace?
Thanks
Rob

"rob26" <rob26@telenet.be> skrev i meddelandet
> Is there a side where yoy can find a test of videocards?
> I'm the intention to buy another videocard but which card is the best?
> My pc now is : Titanium MD 8080XL , Intel3.0 Ghz onboord, 512mb ddr sdram
> and now there is a ATI Radeon 9800xl 128mb ddr sdram 256 bit , 8x agp
> But the videocard is u/s
>
> I will choose between the next proceccors:
>
> Radeon 9600 XT Atlantis 128MB (Asus or XFX)
> Or
> NVidea Geforce 6600GT 128MB (Sapphire or other)
>
> Who gif me more info pleace?
> Thanks
> Rob

The Geforce 6600GT 128MB is the better card..No doubt about it..

/Mr.X

wookie

Do a Google search on xxxx shootout (9800 shootout .. or 6600GT shootout)

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/vga-charts-06.html

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rid=95114

the 6600GT is a better card than the 9600XT. Determine how much you want to
spend and what applications you intend on using the card for .. lot's of
current games or just surfing and multimedia.

next card up in performance is the X800XL .. better than the 6600GT and
6800GT.

then if the X800XL isn't too much after that then there are better cards ..
to much money for me to spend though.

rob26 wrote:

> Is there a side where yoy can find a test of videocards?
> I'm the intention to buy another videocard but which card is the best?
> My pc now is : Titanium MD 8080XL , Intel3.0 Ghz onboord, 512mb ddr sdram
> and now there is a ATI Radeon 9800xl 128mb ddr sdram 256 bit , 8x agp
> But the videocard is u/s
>
> I will choose between the next proceccors:
>
> Radeon 9600 XT Atlantis 128MB (Asus or XFX)
> Or
> NVidea Geforce 6600GT 128MB (Sapphire or other)
>
> Who gif me more info pleace?

No "comparison" needed on that one. You're comparing an old midrange board
with a new midrange board and in that comparison the new board wins.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

rob26 wrote:

" But the videocard is u/s "

You mean it's unstable? Are you sure there's something wrong with the
card, and that it's not just a cooling problem? I wouldn't advise you
to go out and buy a new card if all it takes is a new heatsink/fan. Try
running the system with the case open, and see if that makes a
difference. Obviously you can check the fan at the same time.

I seem to remember the 9800XL as an OEM card shipped out to Medion, and
I think it was somewhere inbetween a 9800 and a 9800 Pro in performance
terms. It could be an unnecessarily expensive move to upgrade to a
6600GT and throw the old card out.

rob26 a écrit :
> Is there a side where yoy can find a test of videocards?
> I'm the intention to buy another videocard but which card is the best?
> My pc now is : Titanium MD 8080XL , Intel3.0 Ghz onboord, 512mb ddr sdram
> and now there is a ATI Radeon 9800xl 128mb ddr sdram 256 bit , 8x agp
> But the videocard is u/s
>
> I will choose between the next proceccors:
>
> Radeon 9600 XT Atlantis 128MB (Asus or XFX)
> Or
> NVidea Geforce 6600GT 128MB (Sapphire or other)

The 6600GT's better than the ATI 9600, but they don't belong to the same
generation and you should consider the newer ATI mid-range card X70o to
compare the 6600 with. After that, it's a matter of price (you may find
a bargain for one of these two boards), personal choice, habit,
religion, etc.

I have an Nvidia TI4600 on my desktop and an ATI X700 on my laptop and
I'm quite happy with both, so...

--
Virez Saddam pour me répondre.
Remove Saddam to reply.

http://www.charles-de-gaulle.org
http://www.francelibre.net
http://www.concours-resistance.org

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 06:48:23 +0200, "rob26" <rob26@telenet.be> wrote:

>Is there a side where yoy can find a test of videocards?
>I'm the intention to buy another videocard but which card is the best?
>My pc now is : Titanium MD 8080XL , Intel3.0 Ghz onboord, 512mb ddr sdram
>and now there is a ATI Radeon 9800xl 128mb ddr sdram 256 bit , 8x agp
>But the videocard is u/s

>I will choose between the next proceccors:

>Radeon 9600 XT Atlantis 128MB (Asus or XFX)
>Or
>NVidea Geforce 6600GT 128MB (Sapphire or other)

Are you sure a 128 Mb card is a good idea? Some games prefer 256 Mb.

Sig:
I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.
-- Isaac Asimov

TRENDING THREADS