Need Gateway E-4300 Driver and System CDs

I bought a used Gatweay E-4300 about 2 weeks ago directly from the original
owner. The owner couldn't find the CD media that was delivered with the
machine. I called Gateway and they won't provide me with copies. Any
suggestions on how to acquire these disks would be greatly appreciated.

Either you can find somebody willing to part with his/her system CDs or someone
willing to duplicate his/hers. Or maybe ask the original owner to find the
ones that were with the system originally.

The important piece you really need is the Windows install CD that matches the
version of certificate of authentication on the computer. All the rest are
drivers which can be downloaded from either Gateway's or the chip manufacturers'
(e.g. Intel) web site... Ben Myers

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 08:13:31 -0700, "NoSpamPls" <logica@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I bought a used Gatweay E-4300 about 2 weeks ago directly from the original
>owner. The owner couldn't find the CD media that was delivered with the
>machine. I called Gateway and they won't provide me with copies. Any
>suggestions on how to acquire these disks would be greatly appreciated.

The orig owner provided me with a "Gateway Operating System Windows XP Pro"
Cd. I believe this is the one that came with the PC. The owner was a
really weird dude who only owned the machine for 3 months before selling it.
I found out from Gateway that the original price he paid was around $1000
and he sold me the machine for $350. I think dude has some recreational
habits that were causing some cash flow problems. Anyway, I appreciate your
comments. Oh, and I went to the Gateway site and found the drivers I
needed. Thanks again!