SA favourite race

What is your favourite race in the 22 tourney / checkpoint races?

Mine is the "World War Ace" where you fly a Rustler through the LS
downtown and back. It's a thrill weening through the coronas between
buildings.

For "real" (not checkpoint) races, I like the "Into The Country" in
which you drive a Bullet starting from the Dock, going to the country
side and back. Lots of highway with a "suitable" amount of traffic.
Plus I get to race in my favourite car =)

P.S. The 22 LS/SF/LV races list:
Little Loop
Backroad Wanderer
City Circuit
Vinewood
Freeway
Into The Country
Dirtbike Danger
Bandito Country
Go-Go Karting
San Fierro Fastlane
San Fierro Hills
Country Endurance
SF To LV
Dam Rider
Desert Tricks
LV Ringroad
World War Ace
Barnstorming
Military Service
Chopper Checkpoint
Whirly Bird Waypoint
Heli Hell
7 answers Last reply
More about favourite race

    You're right about "Into The Country" or any Bullet race.

    It's a joy to be in control of a car that can hold its own... and the
    long straights, tight corners... yeah that's what makes a country drive
    great. It has great brakes as well.

    Also once you get in front you don't need to drive 10/10ths... you can
    drive maybe 7/10ths and slow down for corners and enjoy the drive.

    I did some races in the inferior cars and it was 100% tension all the
    way to the end because if you were lucky to get in front, you had to
    drive perfect to maintain that slim lead.

    T.

    > I did some races in the inferior cars and it was 100% tension all the
    > way to the end because if you were lucky to get in front, you had to
    > drive perfect to maintain that slim lead.

    Well that's good, isn't it?

    A race where you get into the lead within ten seconds of the start, and hold
    that lead without worry until the end, is not a race.

    > A race where you get into the lead within ten seconds of the start, and hold
    > that lead without worry until the end, is not a race.

    You are right. Also more sense of achievement for those races where I
    am behind and catch up towards the end to win it .... like the Bandito
    one I was at 3rd when I crossed the swarm but could spinned out the 2nd
    guy while the 1st guy crashed out ....

    In general, the races are fun because it takes you to places you won't
    normally go ...and routes that you never know you could drive so fast
    for such a long time.....

    I liked Vinewood, and Barnstorming (that's the one with the stunt
    plane, right?)

    Unfortunately my machine crashes half way through Vinewood, so I had to
    transfer the game save to another machine to do that one.

    Phil Hibbs.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Shawn LeBron" <scl1003@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> A race where you get into the lead within ten seconds of the start, and
    >> hold
    >> that lead without worry until the end, is not a race.
    >
    > You are right. Also more sense of achievement for those races where I
    > am behind and catch up towards the end to win it .... like the Bandito
    > one I was at 3rd when I crossed the swarm but could spinned out the 2nd
    > guy while the 1st guy crashed out ....

    Agreed. I think the race tournament in SA is a much more enjoyable
    experience than that in VC, where you just had to turn up to win, and never
    saw the "competitors" after the start line. You need to vary your driving
    style according to the vehicle and conditions, and all but 2 races (LV Ring
    Road and City Circuit) offer some degree of challenge (Even SF to LV in the
    Banshee requires a bit of effort to get through the traffic on the bridge
    without too much damage before it becomes easy).

    Freeway is probably my favourite, as you are up against Bullets and Banshees
    in a Super GT, and need to drive well for the whole course to win, even a
    slip on the very last turn can cost you the race. There is great
    satisfaction in beating this one.

    Rob
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    The Sunrise is an absolutely awful car.

    God knows why they want you to race in an Accord/Le Baron equivalent
    against some very fast machines.

    The only thing I got to say is drive careful, drive slower, try to
    avoid jumps and BE LUCKY!

    T.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Well, if all else fails you can always get out at the start line and
    use the minigun to waste the opposition. Doesn't always get them all,
    but it's quick enough to re-start the race and hope the rozzers don't
    get you in time.

    Seriously, though, you should get into third or fourth place by the top
    of the hill, take it easy down the double drop just before the bridge,
    and usually by then most of the opposition will have crashed out or be
    well behind you. If there are a couple still close to you by the time
    you come down from the hills, then you should be able to take them in
    the city streets.

    If you're on the PC, try the old acceleration trick of turning down the
    draw distance, turn on the frame limiter, and reduce the other graphics
    options as far as you can tolerate.

    Phil Hibbs.

Games Video Games