SA favourite race

Last response: in Video Games
September 5, 2005 7:01:25 AM

What is your favourite race in the 22 tourney / checkpoint races?

Mine is the "World War Ace" where you fly a Rustler through the LS
downtown and back. It's a thrill weening through the coronas between
buildings.

For "real" (not checkpoint) races, I like the "Into The Country" in
which you drive a Bullet starting from the Dock, going to the country
side and back. Lots of highway with a "suitable" amount of traffic.
Plus I get to race in my favourite car =)

P.S. The 22 LS/SF/LV races list:
Little Loop
Backroad Wanderer
City Circuit
Vinewood
Freeway
Into The Country
Dirtbike Danger
Bandito Country
Go-Go Karting
San Fierro Fastlane
San Fierro Hills
Country Endurance
SF To LV
Dam Rider
Desert Tricks
LV Ringroad
World War Ace
Barnstorming
Military Service
Chopper Checkpoint
Whirly Bird Waypoint
Heli Hell

More about : favourite race

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 7:12:06 AM

You're right about "Into The Country" or any Bullet race.

It's a joy to be in control of a car that can hold its own... and the
long straights, tight corners... yeah that's what makes a country drive
great. It has great brakes as well.

Also once you get in front you don't need to drive 10/10ths... you can
drive maybe 7/10ths and slow down for corners and enjoy the drive.

I did some races in the inferior cars and it was 100% tension all the
way to the end because if you were lucky to get in front, you had to
drive perfect to maintain that slim lead.

T.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 5:28:37 PM

> I did some races in the inferior cars and it was 100% tension all the
> way to the end because if you were lucky to get in front, you had to
> drive perfect to maintain that slim lead.

Well that's good, isn't it?

A race where you get into the lead within ten seconds of the start, and hold
that lead without worry until the end, is not a race.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 12:02:01 AM

> A race where you get into the lead within ten seconds of the start, and hold
> that lead without worry until the end, is not a race.

You are right. Also more sense of achievement for those races where I
am behind and catch up towards the end to win it .... like the Bandito
one I was at 3rd when I crossed the swarm but could spinned out the 2nd
guy while the 1st guy crashed out ....

In general, the races are fun because it takes you to places you won't
normally go ...and routes that you never know you could drive so fast
for such a long time.....
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 12:45:29 PM

I liked Vinewood, and Barnstorming (that's the one with the stunt
plane, right?)

Unfortunately my machine crashes half way through Vinewood, so I had to
transfer the game save to another machine to do that one.

Phil Hibbs.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 2:13:38 PM

"Shawn LeBron" <scl1003@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> A race where you get into the lead within ten seconds of the start, and
>> hold
>> that lead without worry until the end, is not a race.
>
> You are right. Also more sense of achievement for those races where I
> am behind and catch up towards the end to win it .... like the Bandito
> one I was at 3rd when I crossed the swarm but could spinned out the 2nd
> guy while the 1st guy crashed out ....

Agreed. I think the race tournament in SA is a much more enjoyable
experience than that in VC, where you just had to turn up to win, and never
saw the "competitors" after the start line. You need to vary your driving
style according to the vehicle and conditions, and all but 2 races (LV Ring
Road and City Circuit) offer some degree of challenge (Even SF to LV in the
Banshee requires a bit of effort to get through the traffic on the bridge
without too much damage before it becomes easy).

Freeway is probably my favourite, as you are up against Bullets and Banshees
in a Super GT, and need to drive well for the whole course to win, even a
slip on the very last turn can cost you the race. There is great
satisfaction in beating this one.

Rob
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 9:51:49 PM

The Sunrise is an absolutely awful car.

God knows why they want you to race in an Accord/Le Baron equivalent
against some very fast machines.

The only thing I got to say is drive careful, drive slower, try to
avoid jumps and BE LUCKY!

T.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 8:40:08 AM

Well, if all else fails you can always get out at the start line and
use the minigun to waste the opposition. Doesn't always get them all,
but it's quick enough to re-start the race and hope the rozzers don't
get you in time.

Seriously, though, you should get into third or fourth place by the top
of the hill, take it easy down the double drop just before the bridge,
and usually by then most of the opposition will have crashed out or be
well behind you. If there are a couple still close to you by the time
you come down from the hills, then you should be able to take them in
the city streets.

If you're on the PC, try the old acceleration trick of turning down the
draw distance, turn on the frame limiter, and reduce the other graphics
options as far as you can tolerate.

Phil Hibbs.
!