OK lads and ladettes, we've discussed favourite and most-hated
vehicles, but which vehicles would you have liked to have seen in SA?

A few that I would have liked are: A Jetski, a Go-Ped, a James Bond
"Little Nellie" helicopter, one of those orange Bond-Bug things, a
submarine, a funky sit-down bicycle, a sidecar to go with the Faggio
(Good for drive-by's), a snow-mobile, skis and a bobsleigh (To go with
the winter weather effects
*sigh*), caravans, cable cars (SF up to Chiliad, the ride up there is
tedious), a Lambretta mod scooter (Mirrors and lights galore, probably
not as popular in the US), a tandem bicycle and finally a trike
motorcycle.

Pssst, hey Rockstar, you're not reading this NG again are you <hint
hint>.

In that case, I'd really like you to release a disk or make a website
that has the stuff that was omitted from SA (And VC and III come to
that).

Cheers,
Rob

Strangely enough rollerblades are already in it... if you go to the
beach you see bikini babes with them on.

I personally really really want a real to life GPS... maybe even a
talking GPS like the high end luxury cars.

And how about some bloody gauges? Need to know speed, altimeter all
that jazz.

T.

Rob White wrote:
> OK lads and ladettes, we've discussed favourite and most-hated
> vehicles, but which vehicles would you have liked to have seen in SA?
>
> A few that I would have liked are: A Jetski, a Go-Ped, a James Bond
> "Little Nellie" helicopter, one of those orange Bond-Bug things, a
> submarine, a funky sit-down bicycle, a sidecar to go with the Faggio
> (Good for drive-by's), a snow-mobile, skis and a bobsleigh (To go with
> the winter weather effects
> *sigh*), caravans, cable cars (SF up to Chiliad, the ride up there is
> tedious), a Lambretta mod scooter (Mirrors and lights galore, probably
> not as popular in the US), a tandem bicycle and finally a trike
> motorcycle.

Bicycle plane.

Maybe a skateboard would be fun......

"Giovanni" <jandohmen@NOSPAMplanet.nl> wrote in message
> Rob White wrote:
>> OK lads and ladettes, we've discussed favourite and most-hated
>> vehicles, but which vehicles would you have liked to have seen in SA?
>>
>> A few that I would have liked are: A Jetski, a Go-Ped, a James Bond
>> "Little Nellie" helicopter, one of those orange Bond-Bug things, a
>> submarine, a funky sit-down bicycle, a sidecar to go with the Faggio
>> (Good for drive-by's), a snow-mobile, skis and a bobsleigh (To go with
>> the winter weather effects
>> *sigh*), caravans, cable cars (SF up to Chiliad, the ride up there is
>> tedious), a Lambretta mod scooter (Mirrors and lights galore, probably
>> not as popular in the US), a tandem bicycle and finally a trike
>> motorcycle.
>>
> Bicycle plane.

- Huge luxury yachts (see my other post) that you can buy, i.e. huge
floating, movable hideouts complete with helipads.

- More Helis+spawn points, preferably small agile ones (Magnum P.I.
Kiowa 'egg' stylee). I'd love a small, stable, nippy heli to zip around
into tight places like rail tunnels etc. with the cops chasing you.
(That VC News chopper is WAY too touchy to be fun.)

- Surfboards & skateboards! SA IS supposed to be Cali FFS!!

-More diverse Police/Army helis that you can jack (UH1s for example).

-More types of FAST bikes. It's my favorite form of transport ever
since VC, so I'd like some more choice pls.

-Snowboards + Snowmobiles... *sigh*

Unicycle
Roller Blades
Ice Skates (on an ice rink) -- maybe, maybe not...
Hang Glider
A circus complete with trapeze, high-wire stuff, and man-shooting cannon
Surfboard, boogie board, etc.
Scuba Gear (got that from another post -- I really like it)
Ability to deploy weapons from in/under the water
One of those two-person hand-pump rail car things
Segways
A better map than SA -- VC's was fine.

Scott

"repo136" <nodiggedy@yahoo.com> wrote in news:dfibbn$rp$1
@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk:

> Maybe a skateboard would be fun......
>

> "Giovanni" <jandohmen@NOSPAMplanet.nl> wrote in message
>> Rob White wrote:
>>> OK lads and ladettes, we've discussed favourite and most-hated
>>> vehicles, but which vehicles would you have liked to have seen in SA?
>>>
>>> A few that I would have liked are: A Jetski, a Go-Ped, a James Bond
>>> "Little Nellie" helicopter, one of those orange Bond-Bug things, a
>>> submarine, a funky sit-down bicycle, a sidecar to go with the Faggio
>>> (Good for drive-by's), a snow-mobile, skis and a bobsleigh (To go
with
>>> the winter weather effects
>>> *sigh*), caravans, cable cars (SF up to Chiliad, the ride up there is
>>> tedious), a Lambretta mod scooter (Mirrors and lights galore,
probably
>>> not as popular in the US), a tandem bicycle and finally a trike
>>> motorcycle.
>>>
>> Bicycle plane.

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

An instant replay feature. Kinda like a DVR/Tivo crossed with the instant
replay feature in the Madden football games. You could go back a few
seconds and watch what just happened from any camera angle. There are lots
of times that something crazy happens, and I wish I could watch it again.

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's Scott Gregg wrote:
> Unicycle
> Roller Blades
> Ice Skates (on an ice rink) -- maybe, maybe not...

Snowmobiles! I can see it now. Grand Theft Auto: Wisconsin.

> Hang Glider
> A circus complete with trapeze, high-wire stuff, and man-shooting cannon
> Surfboard, boogie board, etc.
> Scuba Gear (got that from another post -- I really like it)

How about a snorkel? It would be available before the scuba gear, and would
work only in shallow water.

> Ability to deploy weapons from in/under the water
> One of those two-person hand-pump rail car things

Like in that O Brother movie. That would be cool.

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's tlai909@visto.com wrote:
> Strangely enough rollerblades are already in it... if you go to the
> beach you see bikini babes with them on.
>
> I personally really really want a real to life GPS... maybe even a
> talking GPS like the high end luxury cars.

You sorta have that already, the in-game map.

> And how about some bloody gauges? Need to know speed, altimeter all
> that jazz.

In third person view, the dashboard should be visible. Each car would have
a different dashboard, and it would have a speedometer and other
gauges/lights. Some of the cars would have tachometers and a full set of
gauges, while some would only have a gas gauge and idiot lights. The
dashboard for the Oceanic would be awesome.

Speaking of gas gauges, it would be interesting if you could run out of gas,
and had to stop at gas stations, but only if this feature could be turned
off.

Andrew

On 5 Sep 2005 18:45:45 -0700, tlai909@visto.com wrote:

>I personally really really want a real to life GPS... maybe even a
>talking GPS like the high end luxury cars.

They didn't have talking GPS in cars in the time period SA is set in.

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's Matt wrote:
> A return of CJ (as the main character) and give him a female fiend

Why would you want a crackhead girlfriend?

I'm kidding. I knew what you meant.

> (who you have to control sometimes, like near the beginning (and a
> choice to use her for most of the missions).
>
> A nuke or 3 or just a big bang or two (watching the shock-wave expand
> out and come towards me would be kind of cool)

I'd like the ability to destroy infrastructure. A damaged bridge in a
strategic location would be quite a boon. These objects would respawn when
you left the area, or after a certain time. Or else construction of the
replacement would start immediately, and you could watch the construction
workers build the new structure (and snipe them from nearby buildings.)

Speaking of shockwaves, natural disasters would make the game interesting.
Earthquakes, typhoons, hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding.

> Would positively like to see animals in the game but I've read that
> it's a no-no. Horses would be cool, same with taking in a stray cat or
> a dog (maybe a dozen).

I don't want to see this, because I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to
animals. I like animals more than I like most humans, and I would feel bad
shooting a puppy or a bunny rabbit.

> Be part of a truly massive battle spanning an entire city (just as
> many of my guys as there is theirs)

Grand Theft Auto:Fallujah!

Seriously, there could be an option/side mission where the main character
joins the military and is deployed. You could do things to get kicked out
and would get a cool uniform to wear around. You could even join any branch
of the military.

> Flying cars

I saw a red Buffalo the other day, and it reminded me of the Thunderhawk
from the old 80's cartoon "M.A.S.K." It was a red Camaro that had gull-wing
doors that doubled as wings.

http://www.albertpenello.com/mask/thunderhawk.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.A.S.K.

A M.A.S.K. video game would be awesome. Too bad the show wasn't that
popular and has little chance of making a comeback of sorts, like so many
retro 80's TV shows have.

I'd also like to see a Transformers video game, based on the first
generation from the 80's. Make it a free-roam game like GTA with missions
instead of a linear storyline. That would be the ultimate.

> Always been a bit of a sci-fi buff, how about a shuttle
> flight/ISS/moon walk (gravity/or lack there of and all).
> ---heh,...or half way through the game, do an Independence Day (Will
> Smith) recreation lasting a few in game weeks (don't worry, it was all
> a bad dream)

How about a time machine/wormhole? I'd love to be able to see San Andreas
in the past or in the future. Alternately, time could move along in the
game. The end of the game would be XX years after the beginning.
Construction crews could build roads/bridges/buildings, which would add this
idea of yours:

> I've noticed very little in the way of garbage day type stuff. Road
> construction, etc.. (it's there but scripted into a mission). No oil
> trucks coming or leaving the fields, no loading or unloading at the
> docks, etc.
>
> A mission that requires your arrest, hearing, imprisionment, pecking
> order, riot and escape. Buy judges, lawyers, cops, and whatever

During a mission like this, you could end up in jail for several
months/years. When you came back, things would have changed that much. The
jail time would be skipped within the mission, so you don't have to actually
play in jail for a long time.

I was doing Vigilante the other day, and one of the criminals stole
someone's rollerblades.

Phil Hibbs.

towelie wrote:
> TV's Matt wrote:
> > A return of CJ (as the main character) and give him a female fiend
>
> Why would you want a crackhead girlfriend?
>
> I'm kidding. I knew what you meant.
>
> > (who you have to control sometimes, like near the beginning (and a
> > choice to use her for most of the missions).
> >
> > A nuke or 3 or just a big bang or two (watching the shock-wave expand
> > out and come towards me would be kind of cool)
>
> I'd like the ability to destroy infrastructure. A damaged bridge in a
> strategic location would be quite a boon. These objects would respawn when
> you left the area, or after a certain time. Or else construction of the
> replacement would start immediately, and you could watch the construction
> workers build the new structure (and snipe them from nearby buildings.)
>
> Speaking of shockwaves, natural disasters would make the game interesting.
> Earthquakes, typhoons, hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding.
>
> > Would positively like to see animals in the game but I've read that
> > it's a no-no. Horses would be cool, same with taking in a stray cat or
> > a dog (maybe a dozen).
>
> I don't want to see this, because I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to
> animals. I like animals more than I like most humans, and I would feel bad
> shooting a puppy or a bunny rabbit.

I don't see why they couldn't put some small, non-interactive critters
in the woods. We already have non-interactive fish, jellyfish,
dolphins, and birds, why not dogs, cats, and rabbits?

Because people would complain that it is unrealistic that you can't
blow them apart with a shotgun. There are no proper underwater weapons,
so not being able to shoot a dolphin is ok.

Phil Hibbs.

"Matt" <HillcrestCafe@dot.com> wrote in message

> Turning signals for NPC vehicles

Not all of them - just 95% (like in real life). Also, instead of swerving
from one lane to another, 95% of the cars should gently slide over into
another lane. Also, 95% of cars using an exit ramp will not be next to the
median strip when they begin the manoeuvre.

"G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote in message
> "Matt" <HillcrestCafe@dot.com> wrote in message
>
> > Turning signals for NPC vehicles
>
> Not all of them - just 95% (like in real life). Also, instead of swerving
> from one lane to another, 95% of the cars should gently slide over into
> another lane. Also, 95% of cars using an exit ramp will not be next to the
> median strip when they begin the manoeuvre.

Cars that flake out for no readily apparent reason. The better the car's
real-life reliability (or the more expensive it is = = better servicing) the
less likely it is to break down.

Cars that get slower as they deteriorate in condition - and more likely to
just flake out. Full power - halfpower - destroyed is not enough "levels".

Environmental effects - an old car moving slowly in the LV heat is more
likely to overheat and set alight than a new one driving along the LS
freeway. A dust storm should clog your air intakes. Driving through the
desert should cause problems unless you have a raised air intake. CJ's
fitness should deteriorate more quickly if he's running across hot desert.

Just things to make you think ahead.

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

> OK lads and ladettes, we've discussed favourite and most-hated
> vehicles, but which vehicles would you have liked to have seen in SA?

I would like to have one of those Camper or RV type vehicles available for
CJ to purchase as a mobile save point (or even a caravan, which could be
pulled by any car that had a towbar fitted at one of the modding shops),
which would be great for saving near out of the way mission starts (Like on
top of Mount Chiliad for the bike races, or near the start of the Trucking
missions).

Trucks with trailers attached driving around on the roads (and I would also
like to be able to reverse these properly without the trailer falling off).
Also, how about non articulated trucks with drawbar trailers.

A rear view mirror displayed while driving, at the top of the screen would
be very useful, especially while being chased by police.

Rob

> Trucks with trailers attached driving around on the roads (and I would
also
> like to be able to reverse these properly without the trailer falling
off).
> Also, how about non articulated trucks with drawbar trailers.

A packer that does the job it's supposed to would be nice...

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 05:18:42 -0500, "towelie" <bugoNOSPAM@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>TV's Matt wrote:
>> Would positively like to see animals in the game but I've read that
>> it's a no-no. Horses would be cool, same with taking in a stray cat or
>> a dog (maybe a dozen).
>
>I don't want to see this, because I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to
>animals. I like animals more than I like most humans, and I would feel bad
>shooting a puppy or a bunny rabbit.

Wouldn't it be awesome when you are driving 100 Mph suddenly a dear
crossed the road and you can't evade it, and it spladders all over the
windshield, would you feel bad ? I know I wouldn't? :D

Rob White wrote:
> OK lads and ladettes, we've discussed favourite and most-hated
> vehicles, but which vehicles would you have liked to have seen in SA?
>
> A few that I would have liked are: A Jetski, a Go-Ped, a James Bond
> "Little Nellie" helicopter, one of those orange Bond-Bug things, a
> submarine, a funky sit-down bicycle, a sidecar to go with the Faggio
> (Good for drive-by's), a snow-mobile, skis and a bobsleigh (To go with
> the winter weather effects
> *sigh*), caravans, cable cars (SF up to Chiliad, the ride up there is
> tedious), a Lambretta mod scooter (Mirrors and lights galore, probably
> not as popular in the US), a tandem bicycle and finally a trike
> motorcycle.
>
> Pssst, hey Rockstar, you're not reading this NG again are you <hint
> hint>.
>
> In that case, I'd really like you to release a disk or make a website
> that has the stuff that was omitted from SA (And VC and III come to
> that).
>

> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

I really liked the bike challenge over the rooftops in VC , I wish
there was something similar in SA.
The Gondala up mount chiliad would be an excellent idea.

What really really needs to be changed is the Aircraft , only CJ can
fit into a dodo which is fine but how is it that a Shamal, a Nevada and
an AT400 can only fit one person and a a Leviathan can only hold two?
I wish that larger helicopters and plances could carry passengers
depending on their size and the passengers could be commanded to jump
out/ parachute when CJ did.

when picking up those two wasters from up in the mountains I had a
choice of any vehicle but only a car could pick up the 3 of us! crazy!

The Cessna 172 is a four place light plane.

The helicopters are all two place except the Hunter.

The Jetranger (Maverick) should be four place.

What about motorcycle sidecars?

T.

tlai909@visto.com wrote:
> The Cessna 172 is a four place light plane.
>
> The helicopters are all two place except the Hunter.
>
> The Jetranger (Maverick) should be four place.
>
> What about motorcycle sidecars?
>
> T.

I assumed it was the cessna 152 and I still think the helicopter should
hold 4 people (well maybe not the sparrow)

The Jetranger has four doors.

The Cessna doesn't so you're right there.

You can't expect four seat coupes to actually accomodate four people!

In message <3OSdnVMviZyZ8IDeRVn-vA@centurytel.net>
"towelie" <bugoNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

> A M.A.S.K. video game would be awesome. Too bad the show wasn't that
> popular and has little chance of making a comeback of sorts, like so many
> retro 80's TV shows have.

You'll never guess what, but I've got nearly the entire collection on
VHS. The joy of charity shops and nostalgia, ahhhh.

:eek:)

Cheers,
Rob
"It's probably a tradition, or an old charter or something"

In message <dm1rh152lpdh86brsqug0lg624gsahf20b@4ax.com>
Pietje Puck <pietje@puck.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't it be awesome when you are driving 100 Mph suddenly a dear
> crossed the road and you can't evade it, and it spladders all over the
> windshield, would you feel bad ? I know I wouldn't? :D

Nah, I'd recreate the Queens Of The Stone Age video for 'No One Knows'

Now THAT would be fun :eek:)