Quadro FX 700 or 1000?

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Which of these are better for 3D applications? (AutoCAD, revit, vis render).

They both have 128 meg of ddr ram. 128 bit floating point precision
pipeline. But I think the memory interface on the 700 is 256 bit while the
1000 is only 128 bit. I thought the 1000 series was a slight step up from
the 700.

I don't see the FX1000 listed on the nVIDIA site, did you mean the 1100?
I think the difference is probably the architecture & they reduced the
memory interface to diversify their product line from the higher cards, btw
the FX700 doesn't have a fan on the Heat-sink.