Chaintech 6600GT artifacts 3D Cruiser

I upgraded from an MX440SEN to a Chaintech 6600GT.

All my games look good, except one of my kids games "Little Tikes 3D
Cruiser." This game is by KB Gear, which no longer has a website
(Went bust in 2001.)

The game looked fine on the MX440, but on the 6600GT it has serious
artifacts. Entire areas of the screen go black.

I've gone from the drivers on CD (71.??) to 77.72 now to 77.77 doing
the ADD REMOVE programs and removing the driver & profiles each time.
No difference.

I've tried creating a profile for this, and have tried having
everything turned on to everything turned off.

Any ideas?

I have a similar problem with Worms World Party: it works well on
NVIDIA 5300 and 5700 but very, very slowly on 6600GT.

I don't think there is a solution for that, unless NVIDIA suddenly
decides to check old games when they make the next Forceware.

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

You could try the 66.xx series of drivers. I found they worked best for some
things. The newer drivers seem to be pretty buggy.