[SOLVED] Possible to install lion 10.7 from iso or dmg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akromam90

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
I've done a lot of research on the hackintosh builds and processes. And I have not found anything for installing lion OS on a hackintosh build from a iso or dmg file. Anyone have any insight or point to any guides? I've tried unibeast but it won't read the iso/dmg when mounted and failed. Any info would help! Trying to see if possible to bypass purchasing from apple if I already have install disk/files.

Specs in sig, I have a Lion OS 10.7 install Disc and a separate dmg and iso files. Let me know thanks!!

Solution
Firstly, have you burnt the disk at low enough settings straight from the dmg? In disk Utility set the burn speed to 4x some computers just won't read higher speeds unless booted into an OS.

Secondly, if the installer won't read from that, a much more promising solution is to burn the image to a 8GB USB (Hopefully you have one at hand)

Note: Your USB or Disk has to be writable/appendable
Mar 9, 2012
Firstly, have you burnt the disk at low enough settings straight from the dmg? In disk Utility set the burn speed to 4x some computers just won't read higher speeds unless booted into an OS.

Secondly, if the installer won't read from that, a much more promising solution is to burn the image to a 8GB USB (Hopefully you have one at hand)

Note: Your USB or Disk has to be writable/appendable

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.