6200 AGP bios

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 23, 2005 6:35:56 PM

Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP. The
eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they sip
as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The memory
size is 256 MB
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/

More about : 6200 agp bios

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 6:35:57 PM

In article <430ae6f4$0$34319$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net>,
Lixon says...
> Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP. The
> eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they sip
> as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The memory
> size is 256 MB

Why do you want to do this? Its pointless.

--
Conor

The child is grown, the dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb. - Pink Floyd
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 6:35:57 PM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:35:56 +0530, "Lixon" <lixon.joy@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP. The
>eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they sip
>as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The memory
>size is 256 MB

That won't work. You'll kill your card. The extra 4 pipes
where phyicaly removed from the NV44 core. There is none to unlock.
August 23, 2005 8:44:24 PM

8/23/05 4:41:53 PM
Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
<MPG.1d7514d6bc7e862498a894@news.individual.net>

> In article <430ae6f4$0$34319$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.
net>,
> Lixon says...
> > Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP.
The
> > eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they
sip
> > as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The
memory
> > size is 256 MB
> >
> Why do you want to do this? Its pointless.
>
> --
> Conor
>
> The child is grown, the dream is gone.
> I have become comfortably numb. - Pink Floyd
Because in the nv44 core you cant unlock pipelines..while its
possible with the nv43
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 8:44:25 PM

Lixon wrote:

> 8/23/05 4:41:53 PM
> Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> <MPG.1d7514d6bc7e862498a894@news.individual.net>
>
>> In article <430ae6f4$0$34319$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.
> net>,
>> Lixon says...
>> > Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP.
> The
>> > eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they
> sip
>> > as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The
> memory
>> > size is 256 MB
>> >
>> Why do you want to do this? Its pointless.
>>
>> --
>> Conor
>>
>> The child is grown, the dream is gone.
>> I have become comfortably numb. - Pink Floyd
> Because in the nv44 core you cant unlock pipelines..while its
> possible with the nv43

If the _core_ is nv44 then changing the firmware will not turn it into an
nv43, it will just turn your board into a decor item.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

8/24/05 12:01:15 AM
Larry Roberts <skin-e@juno.com> wrote in message
<8nqmg1t1oicsatds1mqvg2lqiou077fn53@4ax.com>

> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:35:56 +0530, "Lixon" <lixon.joy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP.
The
> >eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they
sip
> >as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The
memory
> >size is 256 MB
>
> That won't work. You'll kill your card. The extra 4 pipes
> where phyicaly removed from the NV44 core. There is none to unlock.

~ ~ ~ ~ LIXON SAMUEL ~ ~ ~ ~

SENIOR ERP HIRING CONSULTANT

Gender: Male
Location: Bangalore, India.
e-mail:lixon.joy@gmail.com

Please let me know if there are any more noticeabel tweaks that work
on the 6200 AGP apart overclocking
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 7:38:23 PM

In article <430b0510$0$28846$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net>,
Lixon says...

> Because in the nv44 core you cant unlock pipelines..while its
> possible with the nv43

BUT ITS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CHIP.

Jesus...

--