6200 AGP bios

Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP. The
eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they sip
as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The memory
size is 256 MB
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/
6 answers Last reply

    In article <430ae6f4$0$34319$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net>,
    Lixon says...
    > Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP. The
    > eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they sip
    > as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The memory
    > size is 256 MB

    Why do you want to do this? Its pointless.

    --
    Conor

    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb. - Pink Floyd

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:35:56 +0530, "Lixon" <lixon.joy@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP. The
    >eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they sip
    >as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The memory
    >size is 256 MB

    That won't work. You'll kill your card. The extra 4 pipes
    where phyicaly removed from the NV44 core. There is none to unlock.

    8/23/05 4:41:53 PM
    Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
    <MPG.1d7514d6bc7e862498a894@news.individual.net>

    > In article <430ae6f4$0$34319$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.
    net>,
    > Lixon says...
    > > Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP.
    The
    > > eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they
    sip
    > > as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The
    memory
    > > size is 256 MB
    > >
    > Why do you want to do this? Its pointless.
    >
    > --
    > Conor
    >
    > The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    > I have become comfortably numb. - Pink Floyd
    Because in the nv44 core you cant unlock pipelines..while its
    possible with the nv43
    --

    Lixon wrote:

    > 8/23/05 4:41:53 PM
    > Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > <MPG.1d7514d6bc7e862498a894@news.individual.net>
    >
    >> In article <430ae6f4$0$34319$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.
    > net>,
    >> Lixon says...
    >> > Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP.
    > The
    >> > eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they
    > sip
    >> > as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The
    > memory
    >> > size is 256 MB
    >> >
    >> Why do you want to do this? Its pointless.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Conor
    >>
    >> The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    >> I have become comfortably numb. - Pink Floyd
    > Because in the nv44 core you cant unlock pipelines..while its
    > possible with the nv43

    If the _core_ is nv44 then changing the firmware will not turn it into an
    nv43, it will just turn your board into a decor item.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    8/24/05 12:01:15 AM
    Larry Roberts <skin-e@juno.com> wrote in message
    <8nqmg1t1oicsatds1mqvg2lqiou077fn53@4ax.com>

    > On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:35:56 +0530, "Lixon" <lixon.joy@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Is it ok to flash bios a nv44 core to a nv 43 core of a 6200 AGP.
    The
    > >eralier versions used to be of the nv43 core, but nowadays they
    sip
    > >as nv4 core. Please mail me a bios file of nv43 XFX make. The
    memory
    > >size is 256 MB
    >
    > That won't work. You'll kill your card. The extra 4 pipes
    > where phyicaly removed from the NV44 core. There is none to unlock.

    ~ ~ ~ ~ LIXON SAMUEL ~ ~ ~ ~

    SENIOR ERP HIRING CONSULTANT

    Gender: Male
    Location: Bangalore, India.
    e-mail:lixon.joy@gmail.com

    Please let me know if there are any more noticeabel tweaks that work
    on the 6200 AGP apart overclocking
    --
    Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/

    In article <430b0510$0$28846$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net>,
    Lixon says...

    > Because in the nv44 core you cant unlock pipelines..while its
    > possible with the nv43

    BUT ITS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CHIP.

    Jesus...

    --
    Conor

    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb. - Pink Floyd

Nvidia Core BIOS Graphics