GeForce 6200V+ (8x AGP) but only have 2x AGP slot in mothe..

fred

Hi, as per subject... any way to force this puppy to work in my old PC?
When plugged in I only get 640x480 res in 256 colours, nothing higher,
and can't install any nVidia drivers (tried v77.77 but still can't
change anything; I also have DirectX v9.0c installed, under Windows
2000 Pro with SP4).

Updating my motherboard is not an option (I'm broke). If it's a power
issue I may be able to get a new power supply, but how do I tell? My
PC is ancient and has a Pentium III running at only 667 mhz, and I have
512 MB of system RAM. Currently running a GeForce 2 MX/MX400 with no
problems (2x AGP, as stated).

Thanks for any advice. :) Please reply here instead of e-mail (it'll
bounce).

Do you have the proper monitor INF file installed? It's supplied by your
monitor mfr either on a disk, or downloadable.

Have you also tried utilities like QuickRes NT?

"Fred" <fred_whitaker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, as per subject... any way to force this puppy to work in my old PC?
> When plugged in I only get 640x480 res in 256 colours, nothing higher,
> and can't install any nVidia drivers (tried v77.77 but still can't
> change anything; I also have DirectX v9.0c installed, under Windows
> 2000 Pro with SP4).
>
> Updating my motherboard is not an option (I'm broke). If it's a power
> issue I may be able to get a new power supply, but how do I tell? My
> PC is ancient and has a Pentium III running at only 667 mhz, and I have
> 512 MB of system RAM. Currently running a GeForce 2 MX/MX400 with no
> problems (2x AGP, as stated).
>
> Thanks for any advice. :) Please reply here instead of e-mail (it'll
> bounce).

fred

Hi, thanks for the reply... I've since seen in Device Manager that the
card is disabled, with an error stating there are not enough resources
to use it. :( I will try the monitor INF file and QuickResNT
suggestions, but if Device Manager can't use it then I doubt these will
help it.

not entirely sure if this would work but do you have any pci cards? if
you have spare slots try moving some devices to a different slot,
especially soundcard or modems