6800 display streaks and garbledness

I just got an rma return from pny. When I loaded it up it was fine, but then
after a few minutes the whole screen turns to a garbled up streaky mess. Ive
removed the old drivers and still get the same result. Only time when that
doesnt happen is when its in safe mode. Anyone have any
suggestions to how i could fix this ? I noticed the temps
were kind of high in the 60's. I dont remember a card being that warm not
even while gaming.

see if the fan is running. you did plug in the molex power connector,
right?

McG.

> see if the fan is running. you did plug in the molex power connector,
> right?
>
> McG.
>
> "GEORGE ARIAS" <georgearias@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I just got an rma return from pny. When I loaded it up it was fine, but
>>then after a few minutes the whole screen turns to a garbled up streaky
>>mess. Ive removed the old drivers and still get the same result. Only time
>>when that doesnt happen is when its in safe mode. Anyone have any
>> suggestions to how i could fix this ? I noticed the temps
>> were kind of high in the 60's. I dont remember a card being that warm not
>> even while gaming.

I was able to get it going. I think because I had river tuner set to
the 16pipes unlocked. Thats what I had my other 6800nu set to.
Which was awesome cuz it was able to unlock. Im guessing this one
isnt. I unstalled riva and now it works great.

"lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message

>> see if the fan is running. you did plug in the molex power connector,
>> right?
>>
>> McG.
>>
>> "GEORGE ARIAS" <georgearias@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>I just got an rma return from pny. When I loaded it up it was fine, but
>>>then after a few minutes the whole screen turns to a garbled up streaky
>>>mess. Ive removed the old drivers and still get the same result. Only
>>>time when that doesnt happen is when its in safe mode. Anyone have any
>>> suggestions to how i could fix this ? I noticed the temps
>>> were kind of high in the 60's. I dont remember a card being that warm
>>> not even while gaming.
>>>

> I was able to get it going. I think because I had river tuner set to
> the 16pipes unlocked. Thats what I had my other 6800nu set to.
> Which was awesome cuz it was able to unlock. Im guessing this one
> isnt. I unstalled riva and now it works great.

Good one! Thanks for keepin us up to date.
McG.