Slow after reinstalling

Hello,

After reinstalling XP my Geforce 4200Ti is slower than it was before with
several simple games. These are some installed games, as well as
internetgames, though my internetconnection is fast enough. Who can help me
with this one?
Mieke.

Andrew

"MMAC" <jammact@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> After reinstalling XP my Geforce 4200Ti is slower than it was before with
> several simple games. These are some installed games, as well as
> internetgames, though my internetconnection is fast enough. Who can help
> me with this one?
> Mieke.

Install the chipset drivers for your motherboard; XP probably isn't using
the best AGP GART driver.

Then reinstall your video card drivres as follows: Download Detonator
Destroyer (or similar tool for complete removal of NVidia display drivers,
check www.guru3d.com). Uninstall videocard driver, reboot, cancel the new
hardware found wizard, run the driver cleaner / destroyer tool. Reboot and
then reinstall the drivers.

Andy

Hai Andy,

Could you help me out please?
On www.guru3d.com it says that Detonator Destroyer is not XP-compatible.
Some other sites say it is, and link to www. guru3d.com.
Do you know if it is safe to use on XP?
Mieke.

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:29:35 +0200, "MMAC" <jammact@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hai Andy,
>
>Could you help me out please?
>On www.guru3d.com it says that Detonator Destroyer is not XP-compatible.
>Some other sites say it is, and link to www. guru3d.com.
>Do you know if it is safe to use on XP?
>Mieke.
>
>"Andrew" <andrewportess@nospamhotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>>
>> "MMAC" <jammact@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> After reinstalling XP my Geforce 4200Ti is slower than it was before with
>>> several simple games. These are some installed games, as well as
>>> internetgames, though my internetconnection is fast enough. Who can help
>>> me with this one?
>>> Mieke.
>>>

>> Install the chipset drivers for your motherboard; XP probably isn't using
>> the best AGP GART driver.
>>
>> Then reinstall your video card drivres as follows: Download Detonator
>> Destroyer (or similar tool for complete removal of NVidia display drivers,
>> check www.guru3d.com). Uninstall videocard driver, reboot, cancel the new
>> hardware found wizard, run the driver cleaner / destroyer tool. Reboot
>> and then reinstall the drivers.
>>
>> Andy

Get Driver Cleaner PE instead as it is updated continually.

Andrew

"Larry Roberts" <skin-e@juno.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:29:35 +0200, "MMAC" <jammact@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hai Andy,
>>
>>Could you help me out please?
>>On www.guru3d.com it says that Detonator Destroyer is not XP-compatible.
>>Some other sites say it is, and link to www. guru3d.com.
>>Do you know if it is safe to use on XP?
>>Mieke.
>>
>>"Andrew" <andrewportess@nospamhotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>>>
>>> "MMAC" <jammact@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Install the chipset drivers for your motherboard; XP probably isn't
>>> using
>>> the best AGP GART driver.
>>>
>>> Then reinstall your video card drivres as follows: Download Detonator
>>> Destroyer (or similar tool for complete removal of NVidia display
>>> drivers,
>>> check www.guru3d.com). Uninstall videocard driver, reboot, cancel the
>>> new
>>> hardware found wizard, run the driver cleaner / destroyer tool. Reboot
>>> and then reinstall the drivers.
>>>
>>> Andy
>>>

> Get Driver Cleaner PE instead as it is updated continually.

I have used Detonator Destroyer with XP but if Driver Cleaner PE is known to
work then give that a go. My best guess is thst you need to install the
chipset drivers for your motherboard - can you confirm if you did this from
the motherboard drivers CD?

Andy