Ivan

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

these 2 don't work together - crashes to desktop immediately after the B2
splash screen and the full black screen.

B2 is a DVD version bundled with 7800GTX.

77.77 drivers.

Any ideas?

You got DX9.0c I presume?

Tried an earlier driver, like 77.76 beta?

"Ivan" <en@st.htnet.hr> wrote in message news:det262$pnu$1@ss405.t-com.hr...
> these 2 don't work together - crashes to desktop immediately after the B2
> splash screen and the full black screen.
>
> B2 is a DVD version bundled with 7800GTX.
>
> 77.77 drivers.
>
> Any ideas?

Ivan

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

installed DX version (9.0c) that is installed automatically together with B2

did not try it, but i dobut it would do any good since 77.77 claims to have
numerous bugs with B2 fixed.

> You got DX9.0c I presume?
>
> Tried an earlier driver, like 77.76 beta?

> "Ivan" <en@st.htnet.hr> wrote in message
>> these 2 don't work together - crashes to desktop immediately after the B2
>> splash screen and the full black screen.
>>
>> B2 is a DVD version bundled with 7800GTX.
>>
>> 77.77 drivers.
>>
>> Any ideas?

Ivan

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

and another thing - all other games such as FEAR, Doom3 (RoE), Rome TW
(Barbarian Invasion), as well as the benchmarks (Aquamark 3, 3D Mark 03/05),
work flawlessly.

> You got DX9.0c I presume?
>
> Tried an earlier driver, like 77.76 beta?

> "Ivan" <en@st.htnet.hr> wrote in message
>> these 2 don't work together - crashes to desktop immediately after the B2
>> splash screen and the full black screen.
>>
>> B2 is a DVD version bundled with 7800GTX.
>>
>> 77.77 drivers.
>>
>> Any ideas?

"Ivan" <en@st.htnet.hr> wrote in message news:det262$pnu$1@ss405.t-com.hr...
> these 2 don't work together - crashes to desktop immediately after the B2
> splash screen and the full black screen.
>
> B2 is a DVD version bundled with 7800GTX.
>
> 77.77 drivers.
>
> Any ideas?

Anybody else have this problem with 7800gtx and bf2 ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Where do you see that?

http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/77.77/77.77_ForceWare_Release_Notes.pdf

77.77 contains no documented fixes for BF2. There were a few in 77.76,
though.

"Ivan" <iewifew@hjfewje.hr> wrote in message
> installed DX version (9.0c) that is installed automatically together with
> B2
>
> did not try it, but i dobut it would do any good since 77.77 claims to
> have numerous bugs with B2 fixed.

Ivan

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

sorry, it appears there r not so numerous - only 1 (page 10 of the 77.77
release notes).

i'll try the earlier version.

i remember that Catalyst 4.10 beta were the best drivers for me in a while,
even better than later releases.

"Jb" <j.brewin@v21net...co.uk> wrote in message
> Tried reinstalling the game? It runs flawlessly here with no tweaks.

tried several times but 2 no avail...