Missing territory

Hi

I finally cleaned the beach from ballas and i think
i never will see one of those bastards again,
but the game still keeps telling me that one
territory belongs to los santos vagos.

I just cant find it. The whole area around is green except
the hospital and one clucking bell.

I never get attacked too.

Is this a known bug? I DO own the very littly area above the
northern end of this "concrete channel" (hope you know that i mean).

Will send pictures of the map or a savegame if someone is interested
to help me find this last territory.

CU

Marco

In message <dfkqb8$ar2$1@online.de>
"Marco Jautz" <marcojmgh@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I finally cleaned the beach from ballas and i think i never will see one of
> those bastards again, but the game still keeps telling me that one
> territory belongs to los santos vagos.

Check the very top-left of the game map and you'll see a yellow square
territory belonging to the Vagos situated in Bayside Marina.

Bloody sneaky of Rockstar, this had me quite puzzled for a while before
I decided to put the game on hold and try to get all golds for the
numerous schools.

This territory is the easiest to get as it only has one wave of Vagos,
although you might have to wait a while for them to turn up.

Happy hunting Marco!

Cheers,
Rob
"It's probably a tradition, or an old charter or something"

> Will send pictures of the map or a savegame if someone is interested
> to help me find this last territory.

Just leave it. Eventually they will attach an adjacent territory, then
you'll know where the existing territory is.

Chances are, it's long and thin and (because it's yellow, and possibly quite
faint) easy to miss.

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote

> Check the very top-left of the game map and you'll see a yellow square
> territory belonging to the Vagos situated in Bayside Marina.

I've read about that, but on my map is no yellow square in
bayside marina. Are you sure it is always there and not
just a glitch? I'm on PC btw.

Talking about Bayside Marina, there is one of this little Hovercrafts
driving into water and drowning on the beach north of boatschool.
Is this a known easteregg like the suicide-photographer.

Hm, i just took it before it could drown. There is nobody inside.
I think its just a bug. It goes to water because it
doesnt spawn on flat ground.

> Bloody sneaky of Rockstar, this had me quite puzzled for a while before
> I decided to put the game on hold and try to get all golds for the
> numerous schools.

Still have to get gold in driving school. Not sure about boat school.

> This territory is the easiest to get as it only has one wave of Vagos,
> although you might have to wait a while for them to turn up.

Can you tell me exactly the place where they should be?

> Happy hunting Marco!

Thanks ;-)

CU

Marco

Hi

"G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote

> Just leave it. Eventually they will attach an adjacent territory, then
> you'll know where the existing territory is.

I don't think i will ever get attacked, because i spent hours of
playing after "end of the line" doing all the side-stuff and other things.

> Chances are, it's long and thin and (because it's yellow, and possibly
> quite
> faint) easy to miss.

Some time ago i had a look on a map with the usual suspected areas.
They are all mine. ;-) Of course it is not really important.

CU

Marco

Marco Jautz wrote:
> "Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote
>
> > Check the very top-left of the game map and you'll see a yellow square
> > territory belonging to the Vagos situated in Bayside Marina.
>
> I've read about that, but on my map is no yellow square in
> bayside marina. Are you sure it is always there and not
> just a glitch? I'm on PC btw.

I'm on the PC as well and I have never seen a territory available
outside of Los Santos. I'm on my third run to 100%.

Marco Jautz wrote:
> "Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote
>
> > I'm on the PC as well and I have never seen a territory available
> > outside of Los Santos. I'm on my third run to 100%.
>
> Did you ever take all territories so none was left
> for ballas and vagos?

Yup. Got 'em all.

In message <dflv1i$jrj$1@online.de>
"Marco Jautz" <marcojmgh@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hm, i just took it before it could drown. There is nobody inside.
> I think its just a bug. It goes to water because it
> doesnt spawn on flat ground.

There's a Glendale car that does the same in the country side. Look
east of Angel Pine and try to find two grey horseshoes shapes. A car
spawns at the top of the hill but rolls down quite a big hill. When you
first see it approaching it looks bloody spooky. Another Glendale
spawns right near it too!

Some of the vehicle spawns are strange. It's most noticeable with
helicopters, but some vehicles seem to "drop" a few feet onto the
playing area. No idea why, but I expect it's done on purpose to stop
some vehicles getting stuck in the terrain.

> Can you tell me exactly the place where they should be?

Just to the west of the boat school. See that big square heliport
platform? That's where you should be.

Anybody know if R* did change some of the territory locations for the
PC version?

Marco Jautz wrote:

> "Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote
>
> > I'm on the PC as well and I have never seen a territory available
> > outside of Los Santos. I'm on my third run to 100%.
>
> Did you ever take all territories so none was left
> for ballas and vagos?
>
> Marco

I'm pretty sure the bit by Jizzy's is a territory too
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote

> "Marco Jautz" <marcojmgh@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Can you tell me exactly the place where they should be?
>
> Just to the west of the boat school. See that big square heliport
> platform? That's where you should be.

OK, i did run around there. I just asked because i thought i
should see a yellow area on the map.

CU

Marco

"Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote

> Yup. Got 'em all.

I found an area wich is pretty big. The northern Part of
Ocean Docs, at the boarder to Willowfield.

It is not really green, but it's not yellow or purple too.
It's more like grey. There are Ballas hanging around, not
many of them and i couldn't kill enough to get a gangwar
started. I read about mixed territories that are owned by ballas
and vagos. Is this a pice of turf i should own?

There shouldn't be ballas, i killed all of them. ;-)

Marco

"Marco Jautz" <marcojmgh@hotmail.com> wrote

> I found an area wich is pretty big. The northern Part of
> Ocean Docs, at the boarder to Willowfield.
>
> It is not really green, but it's not yellow or purple too.
> It's more like grey. There are Ballas hanging around, not
> many of them and i couldn't kill enough to get a gangwar
> started. I read about mixed territories that are owned by ballas
> and vagos. Is this a pice of turf i should own?

I don't get it. I started a gangwar against the ballas in
willowfield. This already should have been mine.
I own a minigun and unlimited ammo, so no problem to
do this fast, but the statistics didn't change.
Ballas:0
Vagos:1

Marco

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:58:03 +0200,
Marco Jautz <marcojmgh@hotmail.com> wrote
in Msg. <dfnk92$5u6$1@online.de>

> I don't get it. I started a gangwar against the ballas in
> willowfield. This already should have been mine.
> I own a minigun and unlimited ammo, so no problem to
> do this fast, but the statistics didn't change.

Ho do you get unlimited ammo on the minigun? I tried it once -- kept
picking up miniguns until the counter disapprared. But when I then set
out to kick some gang ass, the counter reappeared after a few seconds,
and counted down of course.

Doesn't bother me much because i'm not much of a minigun man anyway. My
aim's too poor. Every now and then I try Zero's air raid mission, only
to fail each and every time.

robert

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:30:14 +0100,
Rob White <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote
in Msg. <695ab8a64d.Rob@aqus02.dsl.pipex.com>

> Just to the west of the boat school. See that big square heliport
> platform? That's where you should be.

It's easy to spot on the map while flipping the "show gang areas" switch
on and off.

robert

In message <slrndi2s08.1od.boblatest@localhost.localdomain>
Robert Latest <boblatest@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ho do you get unlimited ammo on the minigun? I tried it once -- kept
> picking up miniguns until the counter disapprared. But when I then set
> out to kick some gang ass, the counter reappeared after a few seconds,
> and counted down of course.

Grab a minigun and walk into the Ammu-Nation shooting range challenges,
then quit. The reason your counter came back is that the game remembers
how much ammo you've got but going past four digits makes it unable to
display.

It does actually work on the minigun, but the only time I've done it I
think it was the only weapon in my inventory.

Any of the shotguns, pistols, sub-machine guns and the big machine guns
can be given infinited ammo.

Cheers,
Rob
"It's probably a tradition, or an old charter or something"

"Robert Latest" <boblatest@yahoo.com> wrote

> It's easy to spot on the map while flipping the "show gang areas" switch
> on and off.

Ok, this will help me looking for the missing one in LS.
On my map is definitely nothing in Bayside Marina.

Marco

"Robert Latest" <boblatest@yahoo.com> wrote

> Ho do you get unlimited ammo on the minigun? I tried it once -- kept
> picking up miniguns until the counter disapprared. But when I then set
> out to kick some gang ass, the counter reappeared after a few seconds,
> and counted down of course.

You get unlimited ammo on every weapon after you reach 100%.

> Doesn't bother me much because i'm not much of a minigun man anyway. My
> aim's too poor. Every now and then I try Zero's air raid mission, only
> to fail each and every time.

This is the one on the roof where you have to shoot down the planes, right?
Passed this on the first go, but i'm on PC and it is not too difficult
using a mouse. Must be hard using a gamepad though.

Marco