6200 AGP FAN problem

I bought a new 6200 AGP, the fan has quit working.. Is this the case
with all cards of this model.. Do they ship with cheap fans to cut
down cost.. Can i purchase a cheap fan and heatsink for less than $20.
..

~ ~ ~ ~ LIXON SAMUEL ~ ~ ~ ~

SENIOR ERP HIRING CONSULTANT

Gender: Male
Location: Bangalore, India.
e-mail:lixon.joy@gmail.com
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/
5 answers Last reply

    In article <4312935c$0$15383$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net>,
    Lixon says...
    > I bought a new 6200 AGP, the fan has quit working.. Is this the case
    > with all cards of this model.. Do they ship with cheap fans to cut
    > down cost..

    Yep.

    > Can i purchase a cheap fan and heatsink for less than $20.

    Isn't that doing exactly what the manufacturer did, resulting in the
    same end?

    --
    Conor

    "You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
    Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.

    i didn't think the 6200s needed a fan at all, they're pretty low end -.-

    On 29 Aug 2005 03:22:08 -0700, "BlastUK" <BlastUK@gmail.com> wrote:

    >i didn't think the 6200s needed a fan at all, they're pretty low end -.-

    No. If it is the 128bit (non-TurboCache) version, it will need
    a fan. Exspecially if it is an AGP version with the HSI chip. Think
    about it. The 6200 non TC is faster than a GF3, and problably falls in
    the range of a GF4 Ti card. Would you run one of them without a fan?
    Not talking about heat pipes, and water colling either.

    8/29/05 12:50:06 PM
    Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
    <MPG.1d7cc7817f54163398a977@news.individual.net>

    > In article <4312935c$0$15383$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.
    net>,
    > Lixon says...
    > > I bought a new 6200 AGP, the fan has quit working.. Is this the
    case
    > > with all cards of this model.. Do they ship with cheap fans to
    cut
    > > down cost..
    >
    > Yep.
    >
    > > Can i purchase a cheap fan and heatsink for less than $20.
    >
    > Isn't that doing exactly what the manufacturer did, resulting in
    the
    > same end?
    >
    > --
    > Conor
    >
    > "You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never
    seen
    > Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.

    ~ ~ ~ ~ LIXON SAMUEL ~ ~ ~ ~

    SENIOR ERP HIRING CONSULTANT

    Gender: Male
    Location: Bangalore, India.
    e-mail:lixon.joy@gmail.com

    So how much does a good fan cost??
    --
    Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/

    A card's speed is not necessarily linked to its heat output, since there
    have been significant die-shrinks. Thank VIA C3 and Intel's Dothan.

    Also see http://www.sapphiretech.com/media/product.asp?prod=17. The Radeon
    9600 is very much an equal of the Ti4600 according to Tomshardware's VGA
    charts, yet uses the same cooler as a TNT1.

    "Larry Roberts" <skin-e@juno.com> wrote in message
    > No. If it is the 128bit (non-TurboCache) version, it will need
    > a fan. Exspecially if it is an AGP version with the HSI chip. Think
    > about it. The 6200 non TC is faster than a GF3, and problably falls in
    > the range of a GF4 Ti card. Would you run one of them without a fan?
    > Not talking about heat pipes, and water colling either.

Nvidia Heatsinks Fan Graphics