6200 AGP FAN problem

I bought a new 6200 AGP, the fan has quit working.. Is this the case
with all cards of this model.. Do they ship with cheap fans to cut
down cost.. Can i purchase a cheap fan and heatsink for less than $20.
..

~ ~ ~ ~ LIXON SAMUEL ~ ~ ~ ~

SENIOR ERP HIRING CONSULTANT

Gender: Male
Location: Bangalore, India.
e-mail:lixon.joy@gmail.com
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/

In article <4312935c$0$15383$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net>,
Lixon says...
> I bought a new 6200 AGP, the fan has quit working.. Is this the case
> with all cards of this model.. Do they ship with cheap fans to cut
> down cost..

Yep.

> Can i purchase a cheap fan and heatsink for less than $20.

Isn't that doing exactly what the manufacturer did, resulting in the
same end?

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.

i didn't think the 6200s needed a fan at all, they're pretty low end -.-

On 29 Aug 2005 03:22:08 -0700, "BlastUK" <BlastUK@gmail.com> wrote:

>i didn't think the 6200s needed a fan at all, they're pretty low end -.-

No. If it is the 128bit (non-TurboCache) version, it will need
a fan. Exspecially if it is an AGP version with the HSI chip. Think
about it. The 6200 non TC is faster than a GF3, and problably falls in
the range of a GF4 Ti card. Would you run one of them without a fan?
Not talking about heat pipes, and water colling either.

8/29/05 12:50:06 PM
Conor <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
<MPG.1d7cc7817f54163398a977@news.individual.net>

> In article <4312935c$0$15383$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.
net>,
> Lixon says...
> > I bought a new 6200 AGP, the fan has quit working.. Is this the
case
> > with all cards of this model.. Do they ship with cheap fans to
cut
> > down cost..
>
> Yep.
>
> > Can i purchase a cheap fan and heatsink for less than $20.
>
> Isn't that doing exactly what the manufacturer did, resulting in
the
> same end?
>
> --
> Conor
>
> "You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never
seen
> Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.

~ ~ ~ ~ LIXON SAMUEL ~ ~ ~ ~

SENIOR ERP HIRING CONSULTANT

Gender: Male
Location: Bangalore, India.
e-mail:lixon.joy@gmail.com

So how much does a good fan cost??
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/

A card's speed is not necessarily linked to its heat output, since there
have been significant die-shrinks. Thank VIA C3 and Intel's Dothan.

Also see http://www.sapphiretech.com/media/product.asp?prod=17. The Radeon
9600 is very much an equal of the Ti4600 according to Tomshardware's VGA
charts, yet uses the same cooler as a TNT1.