Key to recruit gang members - PC version

Hi,

What is the key you press to recruit gang members - it is required in a
mission and it was so long ago I last did it I cant remember how! There
is no info in the manual and the descriptions of the key functions dont
seem to help!
Have tried the conversation buttons and the gang control buttons but
they dont do anything.

Thanks
squelch41

I agree - they are pretty useless, but I cant procede in the game any
further without then! Damn mission rules ;)
squelch41

I agree - they are pretty useless, but I cant procede in the game any
further without then! Damn mission rules ;) "G" key didnt work for me
though.
squelch41

I can't remember the exact wording but there are two controls with
"Group" in their name. Check what these are set to in your config,
defaults are 'G' and 'H'. You target a homie and press 'G' to recruit
them, press 'H' to tell them to stay put, press 'G' to tell them to
follow you, and hold down 'H' to get rid of them.

Phil Hibbs.

Ahhh, no I didnt know I had to aim!
Will give that a try!
Cheers
squelch41

"snark" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in news:1126111457.550121.262350
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> I can't remember the exact wording but there are two controls with
> "Group" in their name. Check what these are set to in your config,
> defaults are 'G' and 'H'. You target a homie and press 'G' to recruit
> them, press 'H' to tell them to stay put, press 'G' to tell them to
> follow you, and hold down 'H' to get rid of them.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

I'd like to map those keys to my D-pad (like the PS2) but the game won't
let me. Instead the game treats the D-pad like a second left thumbstick
for movement which is pretty useless. Anybody know of a tweak or program I
can use to fix this?

-- Bob

<squelch41@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I agree - they are pretty useless, but I cant procede in the game any
> further without then! Damn mission rules ;) "G" key didnt work for me
> though.

Sweet is the worst one! At least you won't lose missions for taking the head
off your homies.

You've probably remapped "G" to something else....

squelch41@hotmail.com wrote:
> I agree - they are pretty useless, but I cant procede in the game any
> further without then! Damn mission rules ;) "G" key didnt work for me
> though.
> squelch41

You know you have to aim at them when pressing G?