Which card to replace old GF3?

Hi,

My parents have my old PC which has GeForce 3 in it that is dying. I
need to replace the card in it this weekend for them. Given that it is
now Tues I don't think I have time for mail order so I need to buy
something at Circuit City or Best Buy.

They mostly just web surf but the grand kids will play games so I would
prefer something that is Direct X 9 compatible. Any suggestions?

I was looking at the 6200's but am unsure how to tell which ones are 64
bit and which ones are 128 bit.

On 30 Aug 2005 07:42:33 -0700, "Crash55" <Crash55@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My parents have my old PC which has GeForce 3 in it that is dying. I
>need to replace the card in it this weekend for them. Given that it is
>now Tues I don't think I have time for mail order so I need to buy
>something at Circuit City or Best Buy.
>
>They mostly just web surf but the grand kids will play games so I would
>prefer something that is Direct X 9 compatible. Any suggestions?
>
>I was looking at the 6200's but am unsure how to tell which ones are 64
>bit and which ones are 128 bit.

See if there is a model # on the box. If anything have the
employes look up the number, or have them open a package for you to
see. Let em know what you need, and you don't want anything less. I'm
one of those customers store employees hate to deal with.... One who
makes sure they are getting what they want. :)

Get a 6600GT from www.Newegg.com
PNY 6600GT for $149 (has a $20 rebate from PNY).
For an extra $15 2nd day shipping
For an extra $23 overnight shipping

Which motherboard do you have, does it at least support AGP 4X?

"Larry Roberts" <skin-e@juno.com> wrote in message
> On 30 Aug 2005 07:42:33 -0700, "Crash55" <Crash55@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>My parents have my old PC which has GeForce 3 in it that is dying. I
>>need to replace the card in it this weekend for them. Given that it is
>>now Tues I don't think I have time for mail order so I need to buy
>>something at Circuit City or Best Buy.
>>
>>They mostly just web surf but the grand kids will play games so I would
>>prefer something that is Direct X 9 compatible. Any suggestions?
>>
>>I was looking at the 6200's but am unsure how to tell which ones are 64
>>bit and which ones are 128 bit.
>

> See if there is a model # on the box. If anything have the
> employes look up the number, or have them open a package for you to
> see. Let em know what you need, and you don't want anything less. I'm
> one of those customers store employees hate to deal with.... One who
> makes sure they are getting what they want. :)

The ATI and nvidia vid card boxes have a sticker on one end with all the
cards important info on it. And eVGA (a brand circuit city here carries
that i've bought and am happy with) has a window in the paper carton that
lets you be sure to match the sticker on the vid card itself to the sticker
on the box.
The 6200's they have there are cheap too.
McG.

> Get a 6600GT from www.Newegg.com
> PNY 6600GT for $149 (has a $20 rebate from PNY).
> For an extra $15 2nd day shipping
> For an extra $23 overnight shipping
>
> Which motherboard do you have, does it at least support AGP 4X?

He stated he doesn't have time to mail order, needs to go to a store.

Alex