Model: FED 866
Date: 09/10/00
Serial: xxxxxxxxxx

If I put the serial into Gateway web site it says it cannot find any
details, but this is because I am in the UK and the computer was built
in Ireland.

Can anyone please help me to identfiy a) the motherboard, by type and by
specific part number, and b) the model name of this PC.

Thanks, John
9 answers Last reply
More about identify motherboard part

    John;
    4000684 is the Gateway part number.
    You may be able to find details here:
    http://support.gateway.com/support/supinfo/index.asp?pg=2&file=dt.html
    Or:
    http://www.google.ca/search?as_q=gateway&num=100&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=4000684&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images

    --
    Jupiter Jones
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "John Fryatt" <jrf1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > I've just acquired an old(ish) Gateway PC and I'm trying to find out the
    > part no. of the motherboard, so I can identify drivers for onboard devices
    > and any BIOS upgrades.
    >
    > Data I can see on the m/b is:
    > Label on edge, bottom-right: IUEA03914660 AA A19243-207
    > Label more central: 4000684
    > Etched on PCB near the above: E139761
    >
    > BIOS is: EA81510A.15A.0006.P04
    >
    > The machine is a PIII 866MHz in a mid-tower St Francis case.
    > On the rear of the case it says:
    > ATXSTF
    > Model: FED 866
    > Date: 09/10/00
    > Serial: xxxxxxxxxx
    >
    > If I put the serial into Gateway web site it says it cannot find any
    > details, but this is because I am in the UK and the computer was built in
    > Ireland.
    >
    > Can anyone please help me to identfiy a) the motherboard, by type and by
    > specific part number, and b) the model name of this PC.
    >
    > Thanks, John

    John,
    The information IUEA03914660 AA A19243-207 indicates that the motherboard was
    built for Gateway by Intel with an ever-so-slightly customized BIOS.

    A check on the AA number above indicates that the motherboard is a "Santorini"
    (Gateway code name) with an Intel 810-series chipset. You can get motherboard
    chipset drivers at the Intel web site. If the motherboard has on-board
    graphics, the graphics drivers are on the Intel web site, too.

    See the following URL on the Gateway web site for yet another Gateway part
    number for the Santorini:

    http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/INTEL/2513874/251387401.shtml

    You can also find drivers for the Santorini on the Gateway web site.

    .... Ben Myers

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:23:40 GMT, John Fryatt <jrf1@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >I've just acquired an old(ish) Gateway PC and I'm trying to find out the
    >part no. of the motherboard, so I can identify drivers for onboard
    >devices and any BIOS upgrades.
    >
    >Data I can see on the m/b is:
    > Label on edge, bottom-right: IUEA03914660 AA A19243-207
    > Label more central: 4000684
    > Etched on PCB near the above: E139761
    >
    >BIOS is: EA81510A.15A.0006.P04
    >
    >The machine is a PIII 866MHz in a mid-tower St Francis case.
    >On the rear of the case it says:
    > ATXSTF
    > Model: FED 866
    > Date: 09/10/00
    > Serial: xxxxxxxxxx
    >
    >If I put the serial into Gateway web site it says it cannot find any
    >details, but this is because I am in the UK and the computer was built
    >in Ireland.
    >
    >Can anyone please help me to identfiy a) the motherboard, by type and by
    >specific part number, and b) the model name of this PC.
    >
    >Thanks, John

    Excellent, thanks Jupiter and Ben.

    I did look at the Gateway web site but it isn't entirely clear. Pity
    that label doesn't say "Part No. 4000684" rather than just "4000684".

    Thanks again.

    John

    Ben,

    I don't think it is a Santorini. That reference you gave shows a
    different m/b. Mine looks like this one

    http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/INTEL/2511557/251155701.shtml

    and does use the Intel 815 chipset. This implies that it is the Fedora
    motherboard. I can't prove that though as the numbers I have and those
    Gateway quote are not the same. Also there are several versions of the
    Fedora - does this matter in respect of drivers and BIOS updates?

    John

    wrote:

    >Can anyone please help me to identfiy a) the motherboard, by type and by
    >specific part number, and b) the model name of this PC.

    I believe you have a Gateway PIII SCKT370 Motherboard PN: 4000684
    built for OEM (GW) by Intel. The Intel PN is D815EEA/D815EPEA which
    has been discontinued but the Intel site still offers some
    documentations on this board for archival purposes at:
    http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d815eea/

    Regards,
    Ed
  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

    Also found that the BIOS code EA81510A suggests that it is an Intel
    'Easton' board, which ties in with Gateways Fedora designation.

    This is all a little sketchy. Gateways site does not have complete
    information as I have a part no. they don't list. Maybe European (or
    UK?) machines had different part no.s and they scrapped all the data
    when pulling out of that market?

    Sorry to second-guess you and answer my own question, but does this all
    seem to make sense?

    Thanks, John

    John Fryatt wrote:
    > Ben,
    >
    > I don't think it is a Santorini. That reference you gave shows a
    > different m/b. Mine looks like this one
    >
    > http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/INTEL/2511557/251155701.shtml
    >
    > and does use the Intel 815 chipset. This implies that it is the Fedora
    > motherboard. I can't prove that though as the numbers I have and those
    > Gateway quote are not the same. Also there are several versions of the
    > Fedora - does this matter in respect of drivers and BIOS updates?
    >
    > John
    >

    > Ben Myers wrote:
    >
    >> John,
    >> The information IUEA03914660 AA A19243-207 indicates that the
    >> motherboard was
    >> built for Gateway by Intel with an ever-so-slightly customized BIOS.
    >>
    >> A check on the AA number above indicates that the motherboard is a
    >> "Santorini"
    >> (Gateway code name) with an Intel 810-series chipset. You can get
    >> motherboard
    >> chipset drivers at the Intel web site. If the motherboard has on-board
    >> graphics, the graphics drivers are on the Intel web site, too.
    >>
    >> See the following URL on the Gateway web site for yet another Gateway
    >> part
    >> number for the Santorini:
    >>
    >> http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/INTEL/2513874/251387401.shtml
    >>
    >> You can also find drivers for the Santorini on the Gateway web site.
    >>
    >> ... Ben Myers
    >>
    >> On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:23:40 GMT, John Fryatt <jrf1@ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>> I've just acquired an old(ish) Gateway PC and I'm trying to find out
    >>> the part no. of the motherboard, so I can identify drivers for
    >>> onboard devices and any BIOS upgrades.
    >>>
    >>> Data I can see on the m/b is:
    >>> Label on edge, bottom-right: IUEA03914660 AA A19243-207
    >>> Label more central: 4000684
    >>> Etched on PCB near the above: E139761
    >>>
    >>> BIOS is: EA81510A.15A.0006.P04
    >>>
    >>> The machine is a PIII 866MHz in a mid-tower St Francis case.
    >>> On the rear of the case it says:
    >>> ATXSTF
    >>> Model: FED 866
    >>> Date: 09/10/00
    >>> Serial: xxxxxxxxxx
    >>>
    >>> If I put the serial into Gateway web site it says it cannot find any
    >>> details, but this is because I am in the UK and the computer was
    >>> built in Ireland.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone please help me to identfiy a) the motherboard, by type and
    >>> by specific part number, and b) the model name of this PC.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks, John

  7. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

    If the chipset is an 815, then the same reasoning applies. The Intel web site
    has drivers for motherboard, on-board graphics, on-board audio and on-board
    Ethernet, if any of the latter are present on the motherboard. The drivers work
    just fine for any Intel-made board, no matter what the brand name, and they have
    a 99+% chance of working in other brands of boards with Intel chipsets.

    The BIOS is a horse of another color. Use only the correct BIOS update from the
    Gateway web site... Ben Myers

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:30:04 GMT, John Fryatt <jrf1@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Ben,
    >
    >I don't think it is a Santorini. That reference you gave shows a
    >different m/b. Mine looks like this one
    >
    >http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/INTEL/2511557/251155701.shtml
    >
    >and does use the Intel 815 chipset. This implies that it is the Fedora
    >motherboard. I can't prove that though as the numbers I have and those
    >Gateway quote are not the same. Also there are several versions of the
    >Fedora - does this matter in respect of drivers and BIOS updates?
    >
    >John
    >

    >Ben Myers wrote:
    >> John,
    >> The information IUEA03914660 AA A19243-207 indicates that the motherboard was
    >> built for Gateway by Intel with an ever-so-slightly customized BIOS.
    >>
    >> A check on the AA number above indicates that the motherboard is a "Santorini"
    >> (Gateway code name) with an Intel 810-series chipset. You can get motherboard
    >> chipset drivers at the Intel web site. If the motherboard has on-board
    >> graphics, the graphics drivers are on the Intel web site, too.
    >>
    >> See the following URL on the Gateway web site for yet another Gateway part
    >> number for the Santorini:
    >>
    >> http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/INTEL/2513874/251387401.shtml
    >>
    >> You can also find drivers for the Santorini on the Gateway web site.
    >>
    >> ... Ben Myers
    >>
    >> On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:23:40 GMT, John Fryatt <jrf1@ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I've just acquired an old(ish) Gateway PC and I'm trying to find out the
    >>>part no. of the motherboard, so I can identify drivers for onboard
    >>>devices and any BIOS upgrades.
    >>>
    >>>Data I can see on the m/b is:
    >>> Label on edge, bottom-right: IUEA03914660 AA A19243-207
    >>> Label more central: 4000684
    >>> Etched on PCB near the above: E139761
    >>>
    >>>BIOS is: EA81510A.15A.0006.P04
    >>>
    >>>The machine is a PIII 866MHz in a mid-tower St Francis case.
    >>>On the rear of the case it says:
    >>> ATXSTF
    >>> Model: FED 866
    >>> Date: 09/10/00
    >>> Serial: xxxxxxxxxx
    >>>
    >>>If I put the serial into Gateway web site it says it cannot find any
    >>>details, but this is because I am in the UK and the computer was built
    >>>in Ireland.
    >>>
    >>>Can anyone please help me to identfiy a) the motherboard, by type and by
    >>>specific part number, and b) the model name of this PC.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks, John

  8. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

    Ok, thanks Ben. I appreciate the advice.

    John
  9. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?)

    wrote:

    >I've just acquired an old(ish) Gateway PC and I'm trying to find out the
    >part no. of the motherboard, so I can identify drivers for onboard
    >devices and any BIOS upgrades.
    >
    >Data I can see on the m/b is:
    > Label on edge, bottom-right: IUEA03914660 AA A19243-207
    > Label more central: 4000684
    > Etched on PCB near the above: E139761
    >
    >BIOS is: EA81510A.15A.0006.P04
    >
    >The machine is a PIII 866MHz in a mid-tower St Francis case.
    >On the rear of the case it says:
    > ATXSTF
    > Model: FED 866
    > Date: 09/10/00
    > Serial: xxxxxxxxxx
    >
    >If I put the serial into Gateway web site it says it cannot find any
    >details, but this is because I am in the UK and the computer was built
    >in Ireland.
    >
    >Can anyone please help me to identfiy a) the motherboard, by type and by
    >specific part number, and b) the model name of this PC.
    >
    >Thanks, John
    Try this.It has worked for me on many ocassions.

Gateway Motherboards Computers