Nvidia Omega Drivers?

Fitz

I just purchased a Geforce 6800 GT OC to replace an ATI 9800 Pro. With the
ATI, I had been using the Omega Drivers with excellent results. I haven't
seen many references to the Omega's with the Nvidia cards. Is anyone using
them, and how are they?

Presently using RefreshLock on my kids Nvidia cards (4800 series). Using
MultiRes on the ATI, as it comes with the Omega drivers. Is there a
recommended program for locking refresh rates on the newer Geforce cards?

Thanks,
Fitz
Outgoing mail scanned with AVG 7 and is virus free

I've been using Reforce for years now.
Works great on all Nvidia cards.
http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/download.html

"Fitz" <akfitz@mtaonline.net> wrote in message
>I just purchased a Geforce 6800 GT OC to replace an ATI 9800 Pro. With the
>ATI, I had been using the Omega Drivers with excellent results. I haven't
>seen many references to the Omega's with the Nvidia cards. Is anyone using
>them, and how are they?
>
> Presently using RefreshLock on my kids Nvidia cards (4800 series). Using
> MultiRes on the ATI, as it comes with the Omega drivers. Is there a
> recommended program for locking refresh rates on the newer Geforce cards?
>
> Thanks,
> Fitz
> Outgoing mail scanned with AVG 7 and is virus free

Vellu

Fitz kirjoitti:
> I just purchased a Geforce 6800 GT OC to replace an ATI 9800 Pro. With the
> ATI, I had been using the Omega Drivers with excellent results. I haven't
> seen many references to the Omega's with the Nvidia cards. Is anyone using
> them, and how are they?
>
> Presently using RefreshLock on my kids Nvidia cards (4800 series). Using
> MultiRes on the ATI, as it comes with the Omega drivers. Is there a
> recommended program for locking refresh rates on the newer Geforce cards?
>
> Thanks,
> Fitz

There are register hacks, that enable a extra tabs in the regular
forceware drivers, including refresh rate overrides.

Simply open the Windows Registry Editor and under the
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak] key
create a new DWORD called NvCplDisableRefreshRatePage and assign it a
value of 0. Otherwise this section does not appear in the standard
Forceware Control Panel.

You also add a new DWORD CoolBits and give it a value of 0xffffffff.
This will enable clock frequency settings (overclocking basically).

In article <11hktl9ak8f78a3@corp.supernews.com>, Fitz says...
> I just purchased a Geforce 6800 GT OC to replace an ATI 9800 Pro. With the
> ATI, I had been using the Omega Drivers with excellent results. I haven't
> seen many references to the Omega's with the Nvidia cards. Is anyone using
> them, and how are they?

Shite. He's not released any new versions since the 66.xx drivers.

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.

TRENDING THREADS