Network Authentication Setting in XPpro keeps changing

I am using Windows XP pro with an existing 128 bit encrypted network. I can connect just fine, however whenever I go out of range and lose the signal and need to reconnect I find that the setting has changed for "Network Authentication" from Shared to Open. I then need to go back in and reset this back to Shared in order to get back onto my network. Its getting mnore than a little tedious as I move around a lot with my laptop and was wondering if I had set something up incorrectly. I am using an Intel 2011b LAN card and a Macintosh Airport Extreme AP. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm having the same problem, does anybody have an answer to this?

In my case even changing it doesn't seem to help, because it never connects
and I go back into the settings and it's gone back to OPEN again, even
though it was saved with SHARED!!!!

What's UP???

Thanks
James