GeForce on bx-board

What is the 'last' GPU, which will work on a i440BX (AGP1.0)? Can't find a
clear answer with the good, old 'google'.

thx - Peter
More about geforce board

    Peter Brenner wrote:
    > What is the 'last' GPU, which will work on a i440BX (AGP1.0)? Can't find
    > a clear answer with the good, old 'google'.
    >
    > thx - Peter

    Basically any card that will fit!

    I actually ran into this problem recently when I tried making a mame box
    out of my old Gateway 433 that has a 440LX. The AGP slot is 1.0 spec
    (2X transfer rate), but not AGP-Pro, so it doesn't have that extra tab
    and there's an extra divider in the first part of the connector. And it
    runs at 1.5v.

    An old Radeon 9600Pro wouldn't physically fit in the slot (AGP-Pro?),
    but both my brand new XFX GF6 6600GT and a FX 5700 would! Now despite
    the obvious need for more power with a 6600GT, any card that fits and
    doesn't require an extra Molex connector works just fine.

    Even with a decrepit 200W PSU, it can run a 5700, 3 hard drives, 1 cdrw,
    case fan, and 3 extra pci cards!

    As far as a recommendation, I'd say your best bet is a decent 6200 AGP.
    You're not likely to have a good enough system to use a further card,
    nor the overall bandwidth to take advantage of it. Make sure you get a
    128-bit bus and don't go for TurboCache. Otherwise a 6200 will do
    nicely and they're cheaper than previous FX's or hard to get 4200's/4600's.

    Nice, thanks,. good idea with the 6200 cards, makes since.. : )

    deimos wrote:

    > Peter Brenner wrote:
    > > What is the 'last' GPU, which will work on a i440BX (AGP1.0)? Can't find
    > > a clear answer with the good, old 'google'.
    > >
    > > thx - Peter
    >
    > Basically any card that will fit!
    >
    > I actually ran into this problem recently when I tried making a mame box
    > out of my old Gateway 433 that has a 440LX. The AGP slot is 1.0 spec
    > (2X transfer rate), but not AGP-Pro, so it doesn't have that extra tab
    > and there's an extra divider in the first part of the connector. And it
    > runs at 1.5v.
    >
    > An old Radeon 9600Pro wouldn't physically fit in the slot (AGP-Pro?),
    > but both my brand new XFX GF6 6600GT and a FX 5700 would! Now despite
    > the obvious need for more power with a 6600GT, any card that fits and
    > doesn't require an extra Molex connector works just fine.
    >
    > Even with a decrepit 200W PSU, it can run a 5700, 3 hard drives, 1 cdrw,
    > case fan, and 3 extra pci cards!
    >
    > As far as a recommendation, I'd say your best bet is a decent 6200 AGP.
    > You're not likely to have a good enough system to use a further card,
    > nor the overall bandwidth to take advantage of it. Make sure you get a
    > 128-bit bus and don't go for TurboCache. Otherwise a 6200 will do
    > nicely and they're cheaper than previous FX's or hard to get 4200's/4600's.

    My boy's comp is a BX based system. He has a GF4ti4200 4X 64mb in it.
    Works fine.

    DaveL

    "Peter Brenner" <put_it_into@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > What is the 'last' GPU, which will work on a i440BX (AGP1.0)? Can't find a
    > clear answer with the good, old 'google'.
    >
    > thx - Peter

    GF3Ti500 worked for me
    changed now for a GF4MX 440 now it's running still as a firewall/server

    this is a P500 Oc to 560 (!) 512 megs corsair mem
    runs 24/7

    James

    James West <james.west@ss.com>:

    >> What is the 'last' GPU, which will work on a i440BX (AGP1.0)? Can't
    >> find a
    >> clear answer with the good, old 'google'.
    >>
    >> thx - Peter
    >> --
    >

    > GF3Ti500 worked for me
    > changed now for a GF4MX 440 now it's running still as a firewall/server
    >
    > this is a P500 Oc to 560 (!) 512 megs corsair mem
    > runs 24/7
    >
    > James

    MSI GF3Ti200 is working in my computer. Have installed a Celeron@1400MHz
    on a Powerleap-adaptercard. 640MB SDRam.

    Is there a GF4 (4200, 4600) that works on my machine?
    --
    Je mehr Käse, desto mehr Löcher. | Reply only to NG.
    Je mehr Löcher, desto weniger Käse. | PGP-ID: 0x20F2B775

    Last GPU, or the fastest GPU? :-)

    Find a Geforce Ti4600, which tops out at AGP4x, hence 3.3V/1.5V-compatible.
    Performance-wise it is on par with a Radeon 9600.

    Might be wise to avoid deviants like the Ti4800 or Ti4400SE, which can
    operate at AGP8x. Don't know if this means 2x-support has been dropped on
    these cards.

    On the ATi side, the Radeon 9700Pro is almost twice as fast as the Ti4600.
    It can run at 3.3V for sure, but could be overkill for your system.

    deimos <duralisisNO@SPAMyahoo.com>:

    > Peter Brenner wrote:
    >> What is the 'last' GPU, which will work on a i440BX (AGP1.0)? Can't
    >> find a clear answer with the good, old 'google'.
    >> thx - Peter
    >
    > Basically any card that will fit!
    >
    > I actually ran into this problem recently when I tried making a mame box
    > out of my old Gateway 433 that has a 440LX. The AGP slot is 1.0 spec
    > (2X transfer rate), but not AGP-Pro, so it doesn't have that extra tab
    > and there's an extra divider in the first part of the connector. And it
    > runs at 1.5v.
    >
    > An old Radeon 9600Pro wouldn't physically fit in the slot (AGP-Pro?),
    > but both my brand new XFX GF6 6600GT and a FX 5700 would! Now despite
    > the obvious need for more power with a 6600GT, any card that fits and
    > doesn't require an extra Molex connector works just fine.
    >
    > Even with a decrepit 200W PSU, it can run a 5700, 3 hard drives, 1 cdrw,
    > case fan, and 3 extra pci cards!
    >
    > As far as a recommendation, I'd say your best bet is a decent 6200 AGP.
    > You're not likely to have a good enough system to use a further card,
    > nor the overall bandwidth to take advantage of it. Make sure you get a
    > 128-bit bus and don't go for TurboCache. Otherwise a 6200 will do
    > nicely and they're cheaper than previous FX's or hard to get
    > 4200's/4600's.

    A GF6200 on an AGP1.0-slot?! Wow! An the Voltage? 3.3V <-> 1.5V/0.8V??

    --
    Je mehr Käse, desto mehr Löcher. | Reply only to NG.
    Je mehr Löcher, desto weniger Käse. | PGP-ID: 0x20F2B775
    Also: |
    Je mehr Käse, desto weniger Käse! | http://highend4d.de.vu
    Oder ? (frei nach Aristoteles) | http://gmx-partner.de/pumuckl

    I have a P II 333 running on an LX board and GF2 mx is all that it will run.
    Gf4 that ran fine until I stuck a 6800 in my current PC wont even boot or
    post. Black screen of death.
    PC Chips m715 I think.

    those others are lucky sods.

    Ouch. Did the 6800 get damaged?

    Did you plug in the 4-pin Molex connector?

    "RJAG" <robin@robingordon.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I have a P II 333 running on an LX board and GF2 mx is all that it will
    >run. Gf4 that ran fine until I stuck a 6800 in my current PC wont even boot
    >or post. Black screen of death.
    > PC Chips m715 I think.
    >
    > those others are lucky sods.

Nvidia Geforce Graphics