Rumor mill and Grape Vine - Has anyone heard of a 512 MB c..

There is the QuadroFX 4500, which is equivalent to the 7800GTX.

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/g70-ultra-5817.html
http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/workstation_graphics/overview.asp?lineid=2&pronameid=222

A tad pricey for those not on an expense account, though.

"Smithy" <B.Smithy@crackhouse.ca> wrote in message
> Well...? j/k
>
> I'm kinda holding off for a larger buffer.

And in case you were wondering, the thing supports SLI, for a total of 1 GB
of GDDR3 video RAM. Remember the ucFX Woohoo5 parody ad? "768 MB of
RDSNVRAM. Install games straight to the video card..."

> There is the QuadroFX 4500, which is equivalent to the 7800GTX.
>
> http://www.techenclave.com/forums/g70-ultra-5817.html
> http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/workstation_graphics/overview.asp?lineid=2&pronameid=222
>
> A tad pricey for those not on an expense account, though.

Smithy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:51:04 -0400, "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>And in case you were wondering, the thing supports SLI, for a total of 1 GB
>of GDDR3 video RAM. Remember the ucFX Woohoo5 parody ad? "768 MB of
>RDSNVRAM. Install games straight to the video card..."

LOL, but can it run linux....

Thanks for the links. I had forgotten all about the Quatro

I've been laying the ground work for a dream system that I'll probably
start working on/towards just after Christmas

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Smithy ordered an army of hamsters
to type:

> Well...? j/k
>
> I'm kinda holding off for a larger buffer.

ATI X1800 will have 512MB versions. Chances are that 512mb 7800's will
appear in time.

Smithy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:25:57 GMT, Kokoro
<kokoro@kokorolibrary.something.net> wrote:

>In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Smithy ordered an army of hamsters
>to type:
>
>> Well...? j/k
>>
>> I'm kinda holding off for a larger buffer.
>

>ATI X1800 will have 512MB versions. Chances are that 512mb 7800's will
>appear in time.

I run linux to often to consider ATI.

What games do you play under Linux that'll benefit from 512 MB of video
memory, on a 7800 no less? Assuming this is for gaming, and not for
professional work.

> I run linux to often to consider ATI.

mpjesse

Splendid
Well...? j/k

I'm kinda holding off for a larger buffer.

Both nVidia and ATI has had 512MB cards available on the x800 & 6600 series for a while now. I remember seeing a review like 7 months ago.

Of course, the 7800GTX 512 is also out now. That card kicks ass.

-mpjesse