Opinions please

mark

Hi,

I was wondering if people would look at the spec on the PC which can be
found at the following link.
http://www.savastore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=10282655&pid=44

I would like opinoins on the spec. For example if I purchase this machine am
I going to be able to run todays games such as Doom 3 and Halflife 2 with
all thge settings maxed out and still get a decent FPS.

Also what about the next generation of games?

Thought please?

Regards Mark

Mark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if people would look at the spec on the PC which can be
> found at the following link.
> http://www.savastore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=10282655&pid=44
>
> I would like opinoins on the spec. For example if I purchase this machine am
> I going to be able to run todays games such as Doom 3 and Halflife 2 with
> all thge settings maxed out and still get a decent FPS.
>
> Also what about the next generation of games?
>
> Thought please?
>
> Regards Mark

Looks to me like a real high-end gaming machine.
If you're not satisfied with the FPS you get from
this, nothing currently existing will do for you.

Of course, it's always possible to nitpick here
and there. Like they don't mention the exact brand
of memory or the latencies, lack of Gigabit LAN,
motherboard or chipset not mentioned, and so on
and so forth. But it will rock.

That's a pretty high-end machine. It'll run everything you throw at it with
good framerates. The only thing I would add is a $50 SoundBlaster Live! or
Audigy card. Even the most basic one would outperform the integrated audio
on an Asus A8N.

The six-year warranty with one-year on-site service is almost overkill. :)

"Mark" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if people would look at the spec on the PC which can be
> found at the following link.
> http://www.savastore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=10282655&pid=44
>
> I would like opinoins on the spec. For example if I purchase this machine
> am I going to be able to run todays games such as Doom 3 and Halflife 2
> with all thge settings maxed out and still get a decent FPS.
>
> Also what about the next generation of games?
>
> Thought please?
>
> Regards Mark

mark

Hi again,

A bit more info on the spec,

The moterhboard is Asus A8N-SLI the chipset is Nvidia nForce 4
Memory is 1GB Elixir PC3200

Mark wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> A bit more info on the spec,
>
> The moterhboard is Asus A8N-SLI the chipset is Nvidia nForce 4
> Memory is 1GB Elixir PC3200
>

> <pjdd@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Mark wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I was wondering if people would look at the spec on the PC which can be
>>>found at the following link.
>>>http://www.savastore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=10282655&pid=44
>>>
>>>I would like opinoins on the spec. For example if I purchase this machine
>>>am
>>>I going to be able to run todays games such as Doom 3 and Halflife 2 with
>>>all thge settings maxed out and still get a decent FPS.
>>>
>>>Also what about the next generation of games?
>>>
>>>Thought please?
>>>
>>>Regards Mark
>>
>>Looks to me like a real high-end gaming machine.
>>If you're not satisfied with the FPS you get from
>>this, nothing currently existing will do for you.
>>
>>Of course, it's always possible to nitpick here
>>and there. Like they don't mention the exact brand
>>of memory or the latencies, lack of Gigabit LAN,
>>motherboard or chipset not mentioned, and so on
>>and so forth. But it will rock.

Hi Mark,

Yeah - the machine looks decent! You should be able to run all of the
games that you've mentioned at full everything. You'll be completely
happy with that.

However, you may want to look into building one yourself if you're up to
it. I've just built myself a new machine with an Athlon X2 4800, an
Asus SLI m/b with all the trimmings (including a couple of Gigabit
controllers - mentioned above), 7800GTX card, 250Gb HD, 1Gb RAM and it
cost me just over £1400 from Novatech and Overclockers...

About the only thing that that machine has that I haven't is a floppy
drive! :)

Of course, building isn't for everybody but it may be something you want
to think about...

Dave

That's a hot rig, and pretty serious bang for the buck. I think the PSU is
too low for that rig though. With two 6800GT's in SLI and all the built in
stuff on the mobo, I'd say a 460W thermaltake or antec would be good.
Other than that....well... I like my X2 4800+ :eek:)) with 2 x 1g pc3200 and xp
pro, ONE 6800GT and Thermaltake 420W PSU. That CPU isn't that much of a
power hog. But the two 'GT cards are.
McG.

First of One wrote:
> That's a pretty high-end machine. It'll run everything you throw at it with
> good framerates. The only thing I would add is a $50 SoundBlaster Live! or
> Audigy card. Even the most basic one would outperform the integrated audio
> on an Asus A8N.
>
> The six-year warranty with one-year on-site service is almost overkill. :)

I'd agree with that - I'm going to get myself an Audigy ZS as my machine
occasionally struggles with Battlefield 2...

Dave

TRENDING THREADS