Does anybody post here?

I just recentally found this news group. I was searching for something to
do with my Legend 34 CD Supreme (I think that's what it was).

It was a 486 DX266, 4 megs of ram on the board, with 1 bank that could
support two 32 meg simms, 2 speed CD rom, 420 meg HD, 250 meg tape backup,
2400 baud modem.

Anyways the goal was to upgrade the processor to something in the range of a
p133. But that failed when I discovered that my wife had borrowed the surge
supressor and the power supply had been cooked. After searching for a
replacement and a minor mod to the back of the case, I disconvered that the
zif socket was baked.

Anyways, great reading about other people's adventures with these dino's.

If the Zif socket is fried
Then chances are the unit is fried
I have the Board and the power supply
for that unit
And a pentium 83MHZ ODP
with the interposer
which is the fastst processor for that unit

"TimDog" <timdog@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I just recentally found this news group. I was searching for something to
> do with my Legend 34 CD Supreme (I think that's what it was).
>
> It was a 486 DX266, 4 megs of ram on the board, with 1 bank that could
> support two 32 meg simms, 2 speed CD rom, 420 meg HD, 250 meg tape backup,
> 2400 baud modem.
>
> Anyways the goal was to upgrade the processor to something in the range of
> p133. But that failed when I discovered that my wife had borrowed the
surge
> supressor and the power supply had been cooked. After searching for a
> replacement and a minor mod to the back of the case, I disconvered that
the
> zif socket was baked.
>
> Anyways, great reading about other people's adventures with these dino's.

"TimDog" <timdog@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I just recentally found this news group. I was searching for
something to
> do with my Legend 34 CD Supreme (I think that's what it was).
>
> It was a 486 DX266, 4 megs of ram on the board, with 1 bank that
could
> support two 32 meg simms, 2 speed CD rom, 420 meg HD, 250 meg tape
backup,
> 2400 baud modem.
>
> Anyways the goal was to upgrade the processor to something in the
range of a
> p133. But that failed when I discovered that my wife had borrowed
the surge
> supressor and the power supply had been cooked. After searching for
> replacement and a minor mod to the back of the case, I disconvered
that the
> zif socket was baked.
>
> Anyways, great reading about other people's adventures with these
dino's.

Quite a few folks post here. With the advent of the throw away
computer {And that old PB...Throw it away :) } not many people still
use the older dinosaurs but since PB is still sold in the other
countries the newsgroup will occasionally get a PB problem that needs
to be solved or talked about as in this case.

Nice to see you here..!

Elector

I see the poster never replied