How do "integrated graphics" these days compare with, say ..

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

So - I'm thinking of getting a laptop. Whilst it will be mainly used
for wireless net access, it would be nice if I could use it for a few
odler games and demos - (games being "mame" roms, which only really
need about 500mhz, and some of the older egames titles)

Will integrated graphics be suitable for the egames titles (for
reference - they work fine under a geforce 2mx)?

MadMax

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2003

"" wrote:
> So - I'm thinking of getting a laptop. Whilst it will be
> mainly used
> for wireless net access, it would be nice if I could use it
> for a few
> odler games and demos - (games being "mame" roms, which only
> really
> need about 500mhz, and some of the older egames titles)
>
> Will integrated graphics be suitable for the egames titles
> (for
> reference - they work fine under a geforce 2mx)?

the should be fine if they go back long enough, most intergrated chips
in laptops supply 32mb’s on the gaming chip and alot fo the old games
only needed like 8mb’s on the graphics

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Nvidia-integrated-graphics-days-compare-geforce-2mx-ftopict62032.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=312671

*Most* of them shipping nowadays are comparable with a Voodoo3 at least.