I need BIOS for Aopen FX5200-V128.

I've lost my backup bios file. I cannot find any bios on the producer's
site. I urgently need that bios. You can find all the details of the card on
http://global.aopen.com.tw/Products/vga/fx5200-v128.htm
If anyone has that kind of a card and could send me the bios or tell me
where I could find it, I would be grateful.
http://www.mvktech.net http://whitebunny.demon.nl - these webs are unuseful.
5 answers Last reply
More about bios aopen fx5200 v128

    I think you ought to get Aopen on the 'phone and ask them for one,
    if they say yes they will email it to you or give you a URL for it.

    --
    Giant_Alex
    cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

    So what's the problem with the currently installed display adapter BIOS?
    If you've clobbered that BIOS, then check for some of the bargin FX5200 128
    Mbyte cards available for ~ $30 - $40 US.

    Phil Weldon

    Roman Nowak wrote:
    > I've lost my backup bios file. I cannot find any bios on the producer's
    > site. I urgently need that bios. You can find all the details of the card on
    > http://global.aopen.com.tw/Products/vga/fx5200-v128.htm
    > If anyone has that kind of a card and could send me the bios or tell me
    > where I could find it, I would be grateful.
    > http://www.mvktech.net http://whitebunny.demon.nl - these webs are unuseful.

    I spent a couple of hours trying to find something but can't.
    A couple of sites, like mvktech and others, only have bioses
    starting with the 5900 series of cards.

    I'm sure you've seen the LiveUpdate link but I reckon that has to
    do with drivers.

    http://download.aopen.com.tw/userdownload_List.aspx?RecNo=8708&Model=AeolusFX5200-V128

    The Taiwan site for Aopen/Aeolus cards show no bios available
    as you know.

    This site was looking promising but I was using a text-mode browser
    to get around faster so everything was looking a bit jumbled for me.

    http://www.x86-secret.com/articles/nvbios.htm#GF

    I was able to access a couple of Aopen's ftp sites but I think
    all of the bioses there are for motherboards. Hard to tell
    from the short directory names.

    ftp://ftp.aopen.nl/
    ftp://ftp.aopen.com.tw/

    You've probably been to Wim's BIOS page where I got the ftp links.
    He has a page for people to list wanted bioses that can't be
    found. Not sure how many people consult the page to help out but
    it's worth a shot.

    http://www.wimsbios.com/HTML1/wanted.html

    So far it seem to be a no-go at this point.
    There has to be something though.

    Good luck.

    --
    >>ANIME SENSHI<<
    Marc D. Williams
    marcdw@charter.net
    http://tvdog.shacknet.nu/ -- DOS Internet & Tandy 1000
    http://www.geocities.com/wilmarcdw/ -- Win3.x Makeover

    I thought so. Unfortunately, Aopen said that they haven't got such a bios.
    Now, I can rely only on good people.
    If anyone has got a bios for my card, please help me!!!

    U¿ytkownik "AAvK" <ahem@notquite.net> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci

    > I think you ought to get Aopen on the 'phone and ask them for one,
    > if they say yes they will email it to you or give you a URL for it.
    >
    > --
    > Giant_Alex
    > cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

    Did a trawl to see if I could find one, but I can't find an Aopen BIOS
    anywhere. NVPlanet have generic BIOSes, v4.34.20.27.00 for the plain
    5200, and 4.34.20.59.01 for the Ultra, it may be worth trying one of
    these?...But BE CAREFUL:

    http://www.nvplanet.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=10

    AOpen download page didn't have any BIOS downloads against your card,
    but I've included the link for future reference for you:

    http://download.aopen.com.tw/default.aspx

    A BIOS editor is here if you need one:
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/NVIDIA-BIOS-Editor.shtml
    or at
    http://www.softpedia.com/progMoreBy/Publisher-xtremetheme.html

    Good luck...

    In message <432716aa$1@news.vogel.pl>, Roman Nowak
    <nowak_r@klub.chip.pl> writes
    >I've lost my backup bios file. I cannot find any bios on the producer's
    >site. I urgently need that bios. You can find all the details of the card on
    >http://global.aopen.com.tw/Products/vga/fx5200-v128.htm
    >If anyone has that kind of a card and could send me the bios or tell me
    >where I could find it, I would be grateful.
    >http://www.mvktech.net http://whitebunny.demon.nl - these webs are unuseful.

    --
    Neil J Bundy

Nvidia BIOS Backup Graphics