I need BIOS for Aopen FX5200-V128.

I've lost my backup bios file. I cannot find any bios on the producer's
site. I urgently need that bios. You can find all the details of the card on
http://global.aopen.com.tw/Products/vga/fx5200-v128.htm
If anyone has that kind of a card and could send me the bios or tell me
where I could find it, I would be grateful.
http://www.mvktech.net http://whitebunny.demon.nl - these webs are unuseful.

I think you ought to get Aopen on the 'phone and ask them for one,
if they say yes they will email it to you or give you a URL for it.

--
Giant_Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

So what's the problem with the currently installed display adapter BIOS?
If you've clobbered that BIOS, then check for some of the bargin FX5200 128
Mbyte cards available for ~ $30 - $40 US.

Phil Weldon

Roman Nowak wrote:
> I've lost my backup bios file. I cannot find any bios on the producer's
> site. I urgently need that bios. You can find all the details of the card on
> http://global.aopen.com.tw/Products/vga/fx5200-v128.htm
> If anyone has that kind of a card and could send me the bios or tell me
> where I could find it, I would be grateful.
> http://www.mvktech.net http://whitebunny.demon.nl - these webs are unuseful.

I spent a couple of hours trying to find something but can't.
A couple of sites, like mvktech and others, only have bioses
starting with the 5900 series of cards.

I'm sure you've seen the LiveUpdate link but I reckon that has to
do with drivers.

http://download.aopen.com.tw/userdownload_List.aspx?RecNo=8708&Model=AeolusFX5200-V128

The Taiwan site for Aopen/Aeolus cards show no bios available
as you know.

This site was looking promising but I was using a text-mode browser
to get around faster so everything was looking a bit jumbled for me.

http://www.x86-secret.com/articles/nvbios.htm#GF

I was able to access a couple of Aopen's ftp sites but I think
all of the bioses there are for motherboards. Hard to tell
from the short directory names.

ftp://ftp.aopen.nl/
ftp://ftp.aopen.com.tw/

You've probably been to Wim's BIOS page where I got the ftp links.
He has a page for people to list wanted bioses that can't be
found. Not sure how many people consult the page to help out but
it's worth a shot.

http://www.wimsbios.com/HTML1/wanted.html

So far it seem to be a no-go at this point.
There has to be something though.

Good luck.

--
>>ANIME SENSHI<<
Marc D. Williams
marcdw@charter.net
http://tvdog.shacknet.nu/ -- DOS Internet & Tandy 1000
http://www.geocities.com/wilmarcdw/ -- Win3.x Makeover

I thought so. Unfortunately, Aopen said that they haven't got such a bios.
Now, I can rely only on good people.
If anyone has got a bios for my card, please help me!!!

U¿ytkownik "AAvK" <ahem@notquite.net> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci

> I think you ought to get Aopen on the 'phone and ask them for one,
> if they say yes they will email it to you or give you a URL for it.
>
> --
> Giant_Alex
> cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Did a trawl to see if I could find one, but I can't find an Aopen BIOS
anywhere. NVPlanet have generic BIOSes, v4.34.20.27.00 for the plain
5200, and 4.34.20.59.01 for the Ultra, it may be worth trying one of
these?...But BE CAREFUL:

http://www.nvplanet.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=10

AOpen download page didn't have any BIOS downloads against your card,
but I've included the link for future reference for you:

http://download.aopen.com.tw/default.aspx

A BIOS editor is here if you need one:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/NVIDIA-BIOS-Editor.shtml
or at
http://www.softpedia.com/progMoreBy/Publisher-xtremetheme.html

Good luck...

In message <432716aa$1@news.vogel.pl>, Roman Nowak
<nowak_r@klub.chip.pl> writes
>I've lost my backup bios file. I cannot find any bios on the producer's
>site. I urgently need that bios. You can find all the details of the card on
>http://global.aopen.com.tw/Products/vga/fx5200-v128.htm
>If anyone has that kind of a card and could send me the bios or tell me
>where I could find it, I would be grateful.
>http://www.mvktech.net http://whitebunny.demon.nl - these webs are unuseful.

--
Neil J Bundy