riva tuner and overclocking

I unlocked all 16 pipes on my 6800, runs fine. now I want to
overclock and rive tuner won't past the test to allow overclocking, says
even a mild overclock is bad, tried to disable test but still no OC.
what now ? have used powerstrip in the past, but I would rather use this
since it is already installed and would probably do a better job since
the pipes are unlocked.

I have a Leadtek 6800 128MB. Using rivatuner I could only get 12/6 working,
16/6 kept corrupting the screen. Then after using the coolbits patch I used
whatever driver I had to recommend its own maximum 3D overclocking speeds.
For ages 400/800 worked great even with standard cooling but recently a
driver or two has recommended 395/845 and test these settings has worked
fine.
I didn't even try riva tuner for overclocking but mine seems fine for games
and everything. I just cant get that elusive 16/6 setup.

HTH

OT, sorry to interrupt, where can I find the instructions for using RivaTuner?

--
Giant_Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

RJAG wrote:
> I have a Leadtek 6800 128MB. Using rivatuner I could only get 12/6 working,
> 16/6 kept corrupting the screen. Then after using the coolbits patch I used
> whatever driver I had to recommend its own maximum 3D overclocking speeds.
> For ages 400/800 worked great even with standard cooling but recently a
> driver or two has recommended 395/845 and test these settings has worked
> fine.
> I didn't even try riva tuner for overclocking but mine seems fine for games
> and everything. I just cant get that elusive 16/6 setup.
>
> HTH

nothing allows me to oc, bummer

have you tried the coolbits reg patch and then manual o/c (3D) just to see.

Not too sure but try this.

- Open RivaTuner
- Click on the '256-bit NV40 (A1,12x1,6vp) Customise' bit

a sub-menu will appear and click on the 'Low Level System
Settings' button (looks like a graphics card icon)

a new window called Low level system tweaks will appear. Click
on the NVStrap driver tab.

Near the bottom is 'Graphics processor configuration'. Click on
'Install'. Then check the boxes for 'Allow enabling hardware masked units'
and 'Unlock professional capabilities' Then apply . Now click on
'Customise' and a window will appear with all the pixel units unit etc
listed. you can then unlock whatever units you need.

HTH

RJAG wrote:
> have you tried the coolbits reg patch and then manual o/c (3D) just to see.

may have to, do you think it is because all 16 pipes are
unlocked that I cannot overclock ?

I think that when I unlocked all mine, I even tried underclocking to stop
the corruption but with out success. Even then it still wouldn't/couldn't
find a safe speed to settle at. Try unlocking the pixel shaders and
pipelines separately and see if they overclock. try a benchmarking program
and see which produces the best result. For all you know the 16/6 at
standard frequencies may be a better setup than the other two.

LOL