6600gt Purevideo Help in HD encoding. Just like to know !!

Just wondering if it would speed up HD encoding to WMV 1280by720 HD
files. I knoiw it wont help Divx HD.

I know it helps in playback but in encoding ???

Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about 6600gt purevideo encoding

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 06:45:17 +1000, No One Realy wrote:

    > Just wondering if it would speed up HD encoding to WMV 1280by720 HD
    > files. I knoiw it wont help Divx HD.
    >

    > I know it helps in playback but in encoding ???
    >
    > Thanks.

    No, your proc does all the work so you might as well have any card out
    there ! It yust helps in playing HD material !

    OH boobiies.

    I summpose an AMD 3800 X2 Dual core would help encoding. ALot faster
    than my mobile Barton at 2.4 ghz.

    Iam doing multi Gigabyte encoding. Not for profit you see. So no 5
    grand hardware encoders for me. its just a SLOW hobby iave got at the
    moment.

    Thanks.

    No One Realy wrote:
    > OH boobiies.
    >
    > I summpose an AMD 3800 X2 Dual core would help encoding. ALot faster
    > than my mobile Barton at 2.4 ghz.
    >
    > Iam doing multi Gigabyte encoding. Not for profit you see. So no 5
    > grand hardware encoders for me. its just a SLOW hobby iave got at the
    > moment.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 00:18:39 +0200, Nikonja <spybreak_hr@yahoo.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 06:45:17 +1000, No One Realy wrote:
    >>

    >>>Just wondering if it would speed up HD encoding to WMV 1280by720 HD
    >>>files. I knoiw it wont help Divx HD.
    >>>

    >>>I know it helps in playback but in encoding ???
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.
    >>
    >>No, your proc does all the work so you might as well have any card out
    >>there ! It yust helps in playing HD material !

    Depending on your HD codec (H264 based, WM HD, etc), I've heard that
    dual Operteron (the larger cache server variation of the Athlon 64) can
    do realtime encoding of content. But you're going to need a properly
    threaded encoder, otherwise dual anything is going to waste.

    But in Genral a 64bit cpu would encoder alot faster. Even without
    optimisation. Well thats what i have been reading. Just using WME orr
    Divx 6.

    iam encoding a Divx 6 file now. 2.2 gigs now at 8% its using the
    whole cpu time. Might take an Hour its just an experiment to see how
    long it takes. aND WHEN i get my X2 3800 ill see how long that takes.
    I know i will take less time but wondering how less ???

    Thanks.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/200508011/athlon_64_x2_3800-09.html

    --
    Ed Light