Browsing faster on Wireless than on Wired Network

Hi. I have a PC and a Centrino laptop. Also have the Netgear DG834G wireless
ADSL router attached to the PC through a Cat5 cable. My ISP is Bulldog 2MB.
I have seen that browsing the net is much much faster on the centrino laptop
that it is on the desktop PC. Any insights to why this is the case?
Downloads / Browsing on the same sites on the laptop take aprox 30% quicker
than on the PC

There could many reasons. Your laptop might have a substantially better
configuration (in terms of processor speed and RAM) compared to your PC. Or,
you may be typically subjecting the processor on your PC to a larger load by
running a number of other applications while trying to browse with your
browser at the same time. What is the maximum bandwidth supported by your
ethernet cable? If it is 10Mbps or lower (unlikely, but possible), then the
behaviour you mentioned is to be expected, since 802.11G has a higher
maximum bandwidth.

Rajiv