Closed

Radeon 7000 & 16 bit colors

I have a Radeon 7000 64mb AGP card. I run win98se, win2kpro, and winXPpro.
The card works great in 16 bit mode under win98, but in 2k and XP, I can't
get the card to work well in 16 bit color mode. It works well in 32 bit, but
the computer slows down quite a bit. In 16 bit mode, the display is bad,
text is all messed up, and the screen flickers. Is there some setting that I
may be missing? I installed the latest drivers from catalyst 4.3, and that
didn't help.

Thanks for any help
3 answers Last reply
More about radeon 7000 colors
  1. Quote:

    I have a Radeon 7000 64mb AGP card. I run win98se, win2kpro, and winXPpro.
    The card works great in 16 bit mode under win98, but in 2k and XP, I can't
    get the card to work well in 16 bit color mode. It works well in 32 bit, but
    the computer slows down quite a bit. In 16 bit mode, the display is bad,
    text is all messed up, and the screen flickers. Is there some setting that I
    may be missing? I installed the latest drivers from catalyst 4.3, and that
    didn't help.

    Thanks for any help

    Wow. This was the first question on AMD radeon and it never got answered. But I answered it!
  2. Whats this?
  3. Why people necro stuff this old, the world will never know...

    Locked!

Radeon Graphics