Closed

Radeon 7000 & 16 bit colors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 29, 2004 1:53:02 PM

I have a Radeon 7000 64mb AGP card. I run win98se, win2kpro, and winXPpro.
The card works great in 16 bit mode under win98, but in 2k and XP, I can't
get the card to work well in 16 bit color mode. It works well in 32 bit, but
the computer slows down quite a bit. In 16 bit mode, the display is bad,
text is all messed up, and the screen flickers. Is there some setting that I
may be missing? I installed the latest drivers from catalyst 4.3, and that
didn't help.

Thanks for any help

More about : radeon 7000 bit colors

November 8, 2011 1:19:23 PM

Quote:

I have a Radeon 7000 64mb AGP card. I run win98se, win2kpro, and winXPpro.
The card works great in 16 bit mode under win98, but in 2k and XP, I can't
get the card to work well in 16 bit color mode. It works well in 32 bit, but
the computer slows down quite a bit. In 16 bit mode, the display is bad,
text is all messed up, and the screen flickers. Is there some setting that I
may be missing? I installed the latest drivers from catalyst 4.3, and that
didn't help.

Thanks for any help

Wow. This was the first question on AMD radeon and it never got answered. But I answered it!
November 8, 2011 9:28:56 PM

Whats this?
November 8, 2011 10:15:15 PM

Why people necro stuff this old, the world will never know...

Locked!