cannot add programs to toshiba e755

April 18, 2004 6:05:47 PM

Hi,
I have a toshiba e755 running ppc 2003. I suddenly cannot add programs to
the device. Tried soft and hard reset, uninstalled and re installed active
sync and still it will not let me install. The install screen pops up for
appr 1-2 seconds and then is gone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Bonnie
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 6:05:48 PM

Hi,
Did you follow the directions to install the software? There are multiple
ways that apps are installed and some will not install directly to your
Pocket PC. An example is a large .exe application you install on the PC and
then it installs on your Pocket PC with ActiveSync.

Other types include .CAB files that you copy to your Pocket PC and use File
Explorer to click on them to install them.

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.cewindows.net

"news.verizon.net" <hairem214@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a toshiba e755 running ppc 2003. I suddenly cannot add programs to
> the device. Tried soft and hard reset, uninstalled and re installed active
> sync and still it will not let me install. The install screen pops up for
> appr 1-2 seconds and then is gone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
> Bonnie

Anonymous
April 18, 2004 9:17:55 PM

I have installed these programs before. I needed to hard reset at first due
to a problem with one particular piece of software I put on the handheld.
Since then I have not been able to load them back on. They are .exe files
that install on the computer first. One of them is money for ppc 2004. The
conduit is there but the software is not on the handheld.

Bonnie

"Chris De Herrera" <chris@cewindows.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Did you follow the directions to install the software? There are multiple
> ways that apps are installed and some will not install directly to your
> Pocket PC. An example is a large .exe application you install on the PC
and
> then it installs on your Pocket PC with ActiveSync.
>
> Other types include .CAB files that you copy to your Pocket PC and use
File
> Explorer to click on them to install them.
>

> --
> Chris De Herrera
> http://www.cewindows.net
> http://www.tabletpctalk.com

April 18, 2004 9:49:50 PM

After you did your hard reset, did you restore anything
from a backup? If you did, all the registry entries
came along for the ride, and may be causing you problems.

Hard reset AGAIN, delete/recreate the partnership in Active Sync,
restore NOTHING, and try again to reinstall.

You may need to uninstall the programs in
Active Sync as well.

> I have installed these programs before. I needed to hard reset at first
due
> to a problem with one particular piece of software I put on the handheld.
> Since then I have not been able to load them back on. They are .exe files
> that install on the computer first. One of them is money for ppc 2004. The
> conduit is there but the software is not on the handheld.
>
> Bonnie
>
> "Chris De Herrera" <chris@cewindows.net> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Did you follow the directions to install the software? There are
multiple
> > ways that apps are installed and some will not install directly to your
> > Pocket PC. An example is a large .exe application you install on the PC
> and
> > then it installs on your Pocket PC with ActiveSync.
> >
> > Other types include .CAB files that you copy to your Pocket PC and use
> File
> > Explorer to click on them to install them.
> >

> > --
> > Chris De Herrera
> > http://www.cewindows.net
> > http://www.tabletpctalk.com

Anonymous
April 20, 2004 1:58:43 AM

No, I did not restore from a backup. I started from sctatch. I also
tried deleting the directory when i uninstalled active sync and it still
wont work. I am a former palm user and am a hairs breath from returning this
thing. I called toshiba and they are of no assistance because "they don't
support third party software". I am not asking for support for third party
software. I just want the add/remove programs window to open when i click on
it!

Bonnie

!