inconsistent connection with 802.11g

Hi, my 802.11G connection stops every 20 minutes or so. I'm running a standard dsl to a linksys router to a "slave" wireless 802.11g router to my brand new sony vaio pcg-k13. windows home says i have a stable connection, however, i cannot view webpages, use ms messenger, or anything else. the connection goes completely dead. we found a wireless phone upstairs ( a ways away from both the access point and my laptop) running at the same frequency as the router and changed the router frequency, however, the problem wasn't solved. i like to run updates late at night, and as is, i can't do that, seeing as how my connection only runs for 20 minutes or so. Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

The wireless card is a LAN-Express AS IEEE 802.11g miniPCI Adapter.

thanks!

What speed is the ram in your system running at? we just had to have
some replaced with 333 memory as they had found problems with the
wireless connections.

PleXeR

--
plexer