RADEON 9600 PRO TV OUT NIGHTMARE

mark

hi,

i have recently upgraded to new pc which includes the radeon 9600
card.
i had a matrox g400 which worked wonderfully pumping out my movies
effortlessly to my tv (just the video section itself).
however the best i can manage on this new card is to transfer the
whole pc screen to the tv (not what you want to watch dvd's) and in
that process losing the primary monitor screen (ie it just switches to
tv). when it is on the primary monitor no output is experienced on the
tv.

i am at my whits end...i cannot believe that a new 128mb all singing
all dancing card cannot seem to do an old 32mb matrox card could doo
so easily.

how do i get ati radeon 128mb card to just output the video section
and not lose my main screen??? ( i have no room for a second
monitor!!)

Man dont even start with TV OUT im just getting rid of Radeon cards cause of
its BS TVOUT. its pretty dissapointing because proformance wise radeon is
awesome.
too bad
"MARK" <baggies1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i have recently upgraded to new pc which includes the radeon 9600
> card.
> i had a matrox g400 which worked wonderfully pumping out my movies
> effortlessly to my tv (just the video section itself).
> however the best i can manage on this new card is to transfer the
> whole pc screen to the tv (not what you want to watch dvd's) and in
> that process losing the primary monitor screen (ie it just switches to
> tv). when it is on the primary monitor no output is experienced on the
> tv.
>
> i am at my whits end...i cannot believe that a new 128mb all singing
> all dancing card cannot seem to do an old 32mb matrox card could doo
> so easily.
>
> how do i get ati radeon 128mb card to just output the video section
> and not lose my main screen??? ( i have no room for a second
> monitor!!)

Paul

Splendid

Mine works perfect mate. Well chuffed with it.
My settings are...
1. (Default monitor) on RADEON 9600 SERIES - 1024x768 - 32bit
2. (Default monitor) on RADEON 9600 SERIES (Secondary) - 1024x768 - 32bit

1. Use this device as primary monitor (checked and greyed out)
Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor (checked and greyed out)

2. Use this device as primary monitor (unchecked and greyed out)
Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor (checked)

I use WMP to view my DivX movies and drag the window over to the TV then
double-click for full-screen. Easy.

I'm using Catalyst 4.3 drivers.
Hope this helps.

Paul
_________________
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

"MARK" <baggies1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i have recently upgraded to new pc which includes the radeon 9600
> card.
> i had a matrox g400 which worked wonderfully pumping out my movies
> effortlessly to my tv (just the video section itself).
> however the best i can manage on this new card is to transfer the
> whole pc screen to the tv (not what you want to watch dvd's) and in
> that process losing the primary monitor screen (ie it just switches to
> tv). when it is on the primary monitor no output is experienced on the
> tv.
>
> i am at my whits end...i cannot believe that a new 128mb all singing
> all dancing card cannot seem to do an old 32mb matrox card could doo
> so easily.
>
> how do i get ati radeon 128mb card to just output the video section
> and not lose my main screen??? ( i have no room for a second
> monitor!!)

RJ

Wouldn't it be easier to just hookup a DVD player to your TV? Why run all
those wires everywhere?