fried card...how is this possible

rzr

well to make a long story short...i plugged the composite video cable
into the VideoIN hub of my ATI aiw 9800se card, while the other end was
connected to xbox and was already ON...the screen flashed dark, normal,
dark normal, and then the grephics became garbled, and i had to
reboot...now there is no signal form composite in (tottaly dark screen)
and the tuner receives channels horribly distorted...is it pretty safe
to say that the rage theater chip is finished?...the card works normally
in 2d/3d mode now...the only sad thing about it is that this card can
work as full blown 9800pro :(

oen more Q: i have a warranty by hercules on this card...how do you
think they will handle this...will this be covered if they find out the
chip got fried by an outside source?

thanks for reading

kev

I'd take card out and put back in to see if that help.
If not RMA it.

What about cable/svideo input?

RJ

NewsFlash:
NEVER EVER install elctronic equipment while both are on, you probably
shorted out the card, hell you're lucky you didn't fry the X-box as well.
"RzR" <nonono@spam.com> wrote in message
> well to make a long story short...i plugged the composite video cable
> into the VideoIN hub of my ATI aiw 9800se card, while the other end was
> connected to xbox and was already ON...the screen flashed dark, normal,
> dark normal, and then the grephics became garbled, and i had to
> reboot...now there is no signal form composite in (tottaly dark screen)
> and the tuner receives channels horribly distorted...is it pretty safe
> to say that the rage theater chip is finished?...the card works normally
> in 2d/3d mode now...the only sad thing about it is that this card can
> work as full blown 9800pro :(
>
> oen more Q: i have a warranty by hercules on this card...how do you
> think they will handle this...will this be covered if they find out the
> chip got fried by an outside source?
>

> thanks for reading

rzr

In article <JYidnSTgn5wWXPbd4p2dnA@comcast.com>, mariusbg@comcast.net
says...
> NewsFlash:
> NEVER EVER install elctronic equipment while both are on, you probably
> shorted out the card, hell you're lucky you didn't fry the X-box as well.

yeah yeah i knew that :)...i guess it had to happend one out of thousend
times i did that :)