Tron 2.0- Possibly my favorite game of all time

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
This game, although it is essentially a FPS, has me hooked. The graphics are just beautiful, the gameplay is challenging without being frustrating, and the storyline is exciting without getting in the way of the game. I'm an old guy (30 years old) and I remember watching the original tron movie with a sense of awe and wonder about the future of computers. This game brings all those feelings back. The computer jargon that represents physical objects in the game appeals to the geek in me as well. Circuit City was carrying this title for about $20.00. Well worth the price. Anybody else enjoy this game?

If an argument can't be settled in one or two paragraphs, perhaps your just anal and should let it go...

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
I'm a "old guy" too. I d/l the demo a couple of days ago for my kid. It seems unique to me, it's not like HL or UT or MP. Anyway had trouble getting into the game, guess I need to get the full retail game so I can read the manual and try to figure out what everything means (jargon)

XP 2000+
MSI KT3 ULTRA-2 KT333
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB PC2700
9600 Pro
Win98SE

CorpusBiscuit

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
It was my favorite game from last year. (Although, I just started playing Knights of the Old Republic this week and that would've have gotten the nod if I had played it last year.) I remember when the movie came out (I'm 35) and how "cool" it was.

thaloc

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
I love Tron movie, and I love the looks and 'feel' of the Tron 2.0 game, but I think one can quickly get bored with it after finishing the game. Hom many times you can go through the same missions, watch the same cut-scenes? It is a two-weeks game, at least for me. I keep in it on my HDD just to watch from time to time how nice it looks on my Radeon 9500Pro, in 1024x768 with 6xFSAA i 16xAF on :p.
BTW I'm 28, and it seems I'm one of the younger fan of Tron :D.

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Agreed, but rarely will I play a game more than once unless it is a multi player game. I love games with good story lines and Tron 2.0 has that.

If an argument can't be settled in one or two paragraphs, perhaps your just anal and should let it go...

bandikoot

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
The games that I can replay are usually rts, I've beat starcraft 3 times or so and I'm about to give AoM a second round now that I've finished off the titans expansion. I keep wanting to play fallout again, but I built a computer for a friend that lives far away and left the cd in the drive. I haven't seen it in about a year as i forget about it when i visit and always forget to tell him to bring it. :frown:

goblinking

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003
And where IS the Tron 2.0 multiplayer?

I downloaded the game as soon as it came out in America, and bought a copy as soon as it came out in the UK. But by then, there were precious few servers online; and now, I never see ANYBODY playing.

The multiplayer on Tron 2.0 was even more unique than the graphics, but it died quicker than any other MP game I've ever played. What happened? It seems to be the Curse of Lithtech to release fantastic games, get brilliant reviews for them, and then for them to die, quickly and quietly, when the next WWII game comes out.

Sorry... rant over :p

goblinking

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
im 22 and still remember the first time I saw tron. great. tron2.0 on the other hand is not a good game. looks quite nice. plays like pants.

"I'm the dog from the advert. Would you like to stroke my coat?"

dhlucke

Polypheme
We need a geriatric section for all you geezers! 30! 35 and still alive? You're ancient! You on a walker or a scooter?

RobD

Champion
I'd kick your ass for saying that if it wasn't for the fact I might put my hip out.

<font color=blue>"Look, I know it's old-fashioned, but I'm from the school that believes if God intended us to fly, he wouldn't have invented Spanish air traffic control" - Dave Lister</font color=blue>

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
It's still around. There is still a faithful following of Lightcycle players on the 1.042 version. And just earlier today I saw 14/16 in one disc server. Course I don't play discs.

You should check the servers and jump in a lightcyle server when you get a chance.

We are having a tournament on Feb. 8th for lightcycles. Our second one. Check us out at www.patchgonebad.com

dIrK

--

"I'm a rageaholic."
(<i>starts crying</i>)
"I just can't live without rageahol." - Homer Simpson

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Thats the problem with you old gamers..... a few flashy lights and you think a game is fantastic :D

All tron2.0 is doing is making you remember when you were young and appealling to the opposite sex.

"I'm the dog from the advert. Would you like to stroke my coat?"

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Flashy lights good...gimme, gimme, gimme those flashy smashy lights...

What exactly does pants have to do with video games anyway?

If an argument can't be settled in one or two paragraphs, perhaps you're anal and should just let it go...

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
pants not as in the american word for trousers but underpants... as in the game is a little smelly and probably has a skidmark or two :D

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

I also enjoyed Tron 2.0 a lot... still enjoying it actually, as I haven't finished it yet. I really don't see how it's a bad game... it's no worse than any other FPS on the market; in fact I think it's better in some ways.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
what? have you not played the greatness that is call of duty? admitedly apart from call of duty there is no current fps that i can think of off the top of my head that is worth talking about and after playing CoD there is no point talking about any other fps's.

anyway im currently messing my head up with silent hill 3 getting annoyed by the control system of Yager and wondering with Knights of the Old Repbublic if lasers should be included in a d&d style game (im still not sold) so im not playing any fps's

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

salik00

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009

Hello Zoron. I'm new to this forum but I actually started playing this game a few years ago but then I moved and it got packed away and I forgot about it and have since reloaded my o/s a few times. I'm now on Windows 7 which I must say, the game looks fantastic on and plays very smooth. Now the reason for my post: I had already played several levels into the game on my previous install but for some reason I just can't get passed the program integration section this time. I'm stuck at this part where Bit opens the sub system tunnel. Now it says I'm just supposed to jump into the tunnel but every way I try I just can't make it across. I saw one walkthru that says to jump then crouch in mid-air but that doesn't work either. I would really appreciate some help on this. Its really frustrating.
thanks.