256 colors

I have two PB Multimedia S618 computers. I purchased the 2nd for a
backup
to play around with. When I opened the case they are completely
different. Just
recently my hard drive let go on my original and I have had to go to the
backup.
My problem is that I cannot get 256 colors. My display is
terrible. My only
options under settings are 16 colors and 2 colors. I am using my
original monitor.
What should I do to obtain different color options?

"Gary Cosby" <gary_cosby@charter.net> wrote in message
> I have two PB Multimedia S618 computers. I purchased the 2nd
for a
> backup
> to play around with. When I opened the case they are completely
> different. Just
> recently my hard drive let go on my original and I have had to go to
the
> backup.
> My problem is that I cannot get 256 colors. My display is
> terrible. My only
> options under settings are 16 colors and 2 colors. I am using my
> original monitor.
> What should I do to obtain different color options?

Update your video driver. That is what controls the 256, 16, or 32
True Color options. After that right click on any space on the desk
top select properties, settings and then change them to what you like.

I hope that helped?

Elector

"Gary Cosby" <gary_cosby@charter.net> wrote in message
> I have two PB Multimedia S618 computers. I purchased the 2nd for a
> backup
> to play around with. When I opened the case they are completely
> different. Just
> recently my hard drive let go on my original and I have had to go to the
> backup.
> My problem is that I cannot get 256 colors. My display is
> terrible. My only
> options under settings are 16 colors and 2 colors. I am using my
> original monitor.
> What should I do to obtain different color options?

Sounds like you need to install the video drivers for the backup computer.
Do a search on Google and you'll probably find a copy if you don't have them
already.

Rock