Hightech videocard!

Hi all you graphics whizzkids!

Am building my own pc and in my research on graphics cards came across
several great reviews for Hightech's Radeon ATI 9800 PRO (128Mb) ICEQ card.
Am in the UK so am very limited as to supliers of this card but there are a
couple I can use.
Do any of you have experience or opinions on this card - all help would be
gratefully received.
Thanks

Richard

martin

Richard Milser wrote:
> Hi all you graphics whizzkids!
>
> Am building my own pc and in my research on graphics cards came across
> several great reviews for Hightech's Radeon ATI 9800 PRO (128Mb) ICEQ
> card. Am in the UK so am very limited as to supliers of this card but
> there are a couple I can use.
> Do any of you have experience or opinions on this card - all help
> would be gratefully received.
> Thanks
>
> Richard

Yup, it does what it says on the tin. Very quiet & overclocks to XT speeds
very easily. I can't recommend it enough. You can save a bit of money buying
a Sapphire version, but you don't get the kickass cooler, which is quiet and
effective and allows the effortless overclocking.
You could fit an aftermarket cooler on a Sapphire, but from what I've read,
that's not necessarily starightforward.
You will nedd a spare PCI slot next to the AGP slot, due to the size of the
Excaliber card + cooler.

If you never want to overclock, don't mind a slightly noiser solution, or
have no space for the IceQ, you'd save money by buying the Sapphire version,
which seems to be a perfectly good card by all accounts.

The IceQ is the daddy though....

Martin

---