lINKSYS WIRELESS g

I couldn't get my wireless adapter software to upload. Windows XP media addition recognized a new device then said icompatible.
4 answers Last reply
More about linksys wireless

    aj wrote:
    > I couldn't get my wireless adapter software to upload. Windows XP
    > media addition recognized a new device then said icompatible.

    Read the user manual, at least the readme.txt.

    Thanks for all your help.

    I don't understand why the software gave me a incompatability message. I have WindowXP medi eddition.

    I tried reloading the software set-up and only Linksys icon would come up and flash on then off.

    well im not sure what you ment but if your need help give more detail. If you did a system restore then you need , update your wireless adapter. I had done my 3rd quick restore and then when i connected to the wirless router it was BS! it did the same. i tryed everything and then i read the little paper that was in a sealed cd case that i got when i bought my computer, and it said after a quick restore you need to insirtr this cd to update the driver. i did that and it worked. Maybe that wont help since i dont know exactly what is going on. Also it could be linksys. Did you update to a new firmware?

    I had the same problem. It's Linksys' fault. They make
    the junkiest user interfaces for setup. If you can take
    it back to the store and get a refund and get a Microsoft
    adapter. Microsoft know how to write wizards. Assuming
    your adapter is close enough to the router everything
    should be fine with MS.

Wireless Linksys Wireless Adapter Wireless Networking