lINKSYS WIRELESS g

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
April 27, 2004 2:11:01 PM

I couldn't get my wireless adapter software to upload. Windows XP media addition recognized a new device then said icompatible.

More about : linksys wireless

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 27, 2004 9:45:10 PM

aj wrote:
> I couldn't get my wireless adapter software to upload. Windows XP
> media addition recognized a new device then said icompatible.

Read the user manual, at least the readme.txt.

April 28, 2004 1:56:12 PM

Thanks for all your help.

I don't understand why the software gave me a incompatability message. I have WindowXP medi eddition.

I tried reloading the software set-up and only Linksys icon would come up and flash on then off.
a b F Wireless
April 28, 2004 10:16:02 PM

well im not sure what you ment but if your need help give more detail. If you did a system restore then you need , update your wireless adapter. I had done my 3rd quick restore and then when i connected to the wirless router it was BS! it did the same. i tryed everything and then i read the little paper that was in a sealed cd case that i got when i bought my computer, and it said after a quick restore you need to insirtr this cd to update the driver. i did that and it worked. Maybe that wont help since i dont know exactly what is going on. Also it could be linksys. Did you update to a new firmware?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 29, 2004 3:13:41 AM

I had the same problem. It's Linksys' fault. They make
the junkiest user interfaces for setup. If you can take
it back to the store and get a refund and get a Microsoft
adapter. Microsoft know how to write wizards. Assuming
your adapter is close enough to the router everything
should be fine with MS.

!